"Set Course For Home: In Defense Of STAR TREK: VOYAGER"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Qonundrum, May 24, 2018.

1. catshadowsi8

catshadowsi8 Captain Captain

Really? Never noticed. Huh bit of a mix up there.

2. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

Yeah I don't know why they aired them this way

3. catshadowsi8

Same thing apparently happened with the Klingons on TOS. Really messes those of us up who only watch the show .

4. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Truth. He tends to be ragged on a bit, but he delivers the goods probably more often than he doesn't.

5. Sophie74656

I agree, he had much more good than bad.

Lance likes this.
  6. Herbert

Herbert Commodore Commodore

Can't speak for DS9 as I barely watched that show but I don't remember it being quite as egregious with TNG

7. Sophie74656

Right off the top of my head i would say The Child where Deanna has a baby. She gives birth to him, loves him and then he goes away. She looses a child and is perfectly fine the next episode

8. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I have a feeling that everything of season 4-7 was a long and never ending Seven Of Nine arc! :hugegrin:

9. Lynx

I think it was the opposite.He did some really good things, especially in TNG but he messed up a lot. Too much actually.

10. Herbert

Good example. However, in the case of Torres, again they never show any hints that she's having difficulties leading up to that one episode. It would have made more sense and built more suspense had they dropped hints into some of the preceding episodes.

11. Sophie74656

Oh yes i do agree.

12. Sophie74656

It wasn't. If you actually watch some of the episodes you will see. Seven does have a lot of focus in season 4 but she was a brand new character and has to be established. You should watch the rest of the show you claim to love.

13. Sophie74656

Most of his episides were realy good

14. Herbert

Oh snap!

Sophie74656 likes this.
  15. Sophie74656

Lol

It gets frustrating when someone criticizes the show and they haven't watched all of it. It's so easy to watch all of the episodes now. The dvds are not very expensive and at least three different streaming services have the show available for only a few dollars a month.

16. catshadowsi8

But she does have a point Sophie about later seasons. Take One Small Step. We have Chakotay (an avid archaeologist) Paris (a walking Mar's history buff) and 7. The entire show skews into it being 7's epiphany. The others are but back up characters.

I'm not saying we never get episodes focused on other characters than the big 3 (7, The Doctor and Janeway) but the show definitely skews heavily in their direction by later seasons imo.

fireproof78 likes this.
  17. Sophie74656

Ive broken it down by episode before and except for harry and tuvok its actually a pretty even split amkng who gets the focus. Janeway always wins

18. Lynx

It's not my highest priority right now. The sad thing is that something important is missing in those seasons. :(

19. Sophie74656

Do whatever you want, but how can you comment on Braga being a bad witer when you haven't seen a majority of the episodes? If you love Voyager why wouldn't you want to watch the rest of the show? There are 9 other great character to watch.

20. catshadowsi8

When I did it, those were not the numbers I got but I suspect we are using different criteria. My numbers clearly show the big 3 are predominate in 2/3 of the show in the last two seasons but they are only 1/3 of the cast. That's a lot.