Set blueprint exchange

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Redgeneral, May 10, 2014.

1. Bellerophon

Bellerophon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's marked as Epsilon IX: I'm guessing it was downscaled for budget reasons.

2. NervousEnergy

NervousEnergy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, that Eleos bridge is going to be very interesting for the map discussions!

4. Count

Count Commander Red Shirt

Does the archive have these Nemesis E-E images? Especially the Engineering/corridor set layout?
    https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/mo...emesis-blueprints-and-drawings/a/7238-89067.s

Also these clear Season 1 TNG sets? https://nitter.pufe.org/TrekCore/status/1649470475242819584

Also, Season 2, the STP Stargazer bridge layout.I didn't see it on the archive: https://www.trekcore.com/picard/gal...azer-sets/stargazer-set-bridge-blueprints.jpg

Last one, TMP Travel Pod dimensions and set plans: https://thirdwavedesigndotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/travel-pod-cartwright-01-150ppi.jpg

Also i've seen the archive has expanded to include studio model plans, I found the studio model miranda blueprints in pretty good quality too: https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/mo...ints-for-miniature-spaceships/a/997051-3355.s

5. batboy853

batboy853 Captain Captain

YES! I've been hoping this would come out!!!

These all exist in the archive however the version of the travel pod that you have posted is clearer.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
    blssdwlf and 137th Gebirg like this.
  6. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

I love that bits of the 3D tours let you see out to the wider stage.

dJE

blssdwlf likes this.
  7. ashleytinger

ashleytinger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Do they have any of these for Strange New Worlds?

8. Count

they usually have them end of season before award season.

I didnt see the Miranda blueprints in the archive, just C and D.

9. NervousEnergy

NervousEnergy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've had a search for an Emmy For Your Consideration marketing campaign for last season's SNW- I can't see anything like Picard S3's Issu. It looks like there was an article in the CBS Watch Magazine but I can't find the source.

10. batboy853

batboy853 Captain Captain

I must of missed that part of your post, yeah those are not in the archive, but I think only @Redgeneral has access to add to it!

11. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In case no one noticed on Matterports you can also take virtual measurements.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
  12. ashleytinger

ashleytinger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Elios set would make a fantastic light freighter set for the 24/25th century too. Just needs a cargo bay instead of a lab.

So much detail in that. Love it.

DEWLine likes this.
  13. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

On the Reliant
    https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/mo...ints-for-miniature-spaceships/a/997051-3355.s

The photon hull is so very flat there--likely inspiring the first ERTL model (stock Miranda)

Yet here the photon hull is much larger:
    https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/general-plans-uss-avenger-class-sheet-1.jpg

if a ST II remaster is ever done--it and these blueprints need to be inserted into the bridge scenes that used Kimbles cut up TMP blueprints:
    https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/avenger-class-heavy-frigate/3.jpg

137th Gebirg likes this.
  14. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Never seen those before - that’s awesome! Thank you for posting them.

publiusr likes this.
  15. Lt. Washburn

Lt. Washburn Captain Captain

Yes, and you can zoom in on a lot of the LCARS to read text you might not otherwise be able to. Hopefully it's accurate to the original artwork, to be useful.

DEWLine and blssdwlf like this.
  16. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Those are all photographs/LIDAR scans, so they’re definitely accurate (at least, assuming the sets weren’t altered between filming and when these captures were made). There are a couple spots where you can see some artifacts from reflective surfaces throwing off the scan.

17. Lt. Washburn

Lt. Washburn Captain Captain

I meant that hopefully the graphics of the replica bridge are accurate to the original one.

18. Count

Cygnus blueprints are fan ones and generally highly inaccurate. I wouldn't generally use them as a go to for anything on accuracy. The fact that these are dated 1981 (prior to TWOK coming out) and signed by Lee Cole says they are legitimate production blueprints for the studio model.

Redgeneral and Jason_Adank like this.
  19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

The Cole-signed blueprints are more accurate, yes, but they are not 100% accurate to the final filming miniature. One really only has to look no further than the inclusion of the Connie-like pylon attachment bars on the bottom of the nacelles. Their existence made sense on the refit, as that’s where the nacelles mounted to the pylons and that area was re-enforced. No such thing was needed for the Reliant, as it had top-mounted nacelles. The model didn’t have them for that reason.

Some other things look just a bit off, too. The roll bar assembly and shuttle bay topside surface features are strangely devoid of details and the megaphasers are smaller than they should be (and also just simple outlines without any meaningful detail).

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful and fascinating artifact, but it is by no means a perfect representation of Reliant, just damn close.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2023
    Jason_Adank likes this.
  20. Jason_Adank

Jason_Adank Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yeah, the cygnus ones are junk really. Especially that one with the mega-phat torpedo launcher. But as you say, even the Lee Cole one's are a bit off. though its the best of the bunch overall. So many of these 'blueprints' arent blueprints or construction drawings at all - their concept sketches at best and you always have to take them with a grain of salt.

The devil is in the details. The bridge, the navdome, the nacelles are all copies off the refit. When the actual model was built, every single one of these details changed and made the Reliant look similar but unique. And Im glad they did that, cause it gives the miranda class its own character traits in terms of its look - while still looking tech and style appropriate for the era.

publiusr and 137th Gebirg like this.