Seska in the Mirror Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by WarpTenLizard, Sep 26, 2020.

?

What should Seska be like in the Mirror Universe?

1. Owns Chakotay as a "love slave," until he kills her and escapes

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. A spy-for-hire, who changes sides every other chapter

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. An evil genius plotting something brilliant, only to be killed by Neelix's cooking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Something else (please write)

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. WarpTenLizard

WarpTenLizard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I’m re-plotting the story for an old Mirror Universe fanfic, one which largely ignores published novels and stories about the Mirror Universe. And I’m struggling with how to cast Seska in this Mirror version of the Voyager crew.

First, just in case it helps, here’s the overall premise of the story. It plays off of the history that “Deep Space Nine” set for the Mirror Universe, in which the Terran Empire (Humans, Vulcans and a few other races) are overthrown and enslaved by the Klingon, Cardassian, and Bajoran Alliance. Some slaves have escaped and started the Terran Rebellion. Tuvok, at one point, was also a member of Benjamin Sisko’s rebel cell.

That much is canon.

Here’s my fanfic premise for Mirror-Voyager:

Most of the characters will begin as either Terran Rebels, or slaves who end up joining the Rebels. Through a series of events, Captain Janeway, a Terran Rebel leader, gets ahold of the starship Voyager. But instead of using it to aid the Rebellion, as she’s supposed to, she steals Voyager and deliberately takes it (through another series of circumstances) to the Delta Quadrant, where she plans to start her own empire. The only problem is, someone else already had the same idea: Kes. Empress Kes seems to outpower Janeway’s crew in every way, but Voyager isn’t the only item Janeway stole from the Terran Rebellion. She also (through more series of circumstances) gets ahold of a “secret weapon” that Dr. Zimmerman was designing for the Terran Rebellion. That weapon is a freed Borg Drone, who will be trained to be the galaxy’s deadliest assassin, Seven of Nine.

I have roles in the story figured out for all of the characters, save one: Seska.

Because Seska is such an iconic character, I feel I should do *something* with her. But I can’t figure what, beyond making her at one point be Chakotay’s owner (when he’s a slave).

I’m very tempted to just kill her off early on, but I feel like with such an iconic character, I should do more with her.

I’d love any suggestions.

SolarisOne likes this.
  2. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seska would be the mirror of her prime universe self. A kind hearted, loving charity worker.

Sgt_G and WarpTenLizard like this.
  3. WarpTenLizard

That doesn't sound too interesting...though Seska as an ultimately good-hearted character, while still being a badass, could be! Now I think of it, I've read some AU stories that did interesting things with "good Seska."

SolarisOne likes this.
  4. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Considering how awful the Terrans were when they were in charge, do you really want them to win? Maybe they could just mortally wound the Klingon/Cardassian alliance, before being obliterated to a person. The basically benevolent Ferengi rise to fill the power vacuum.

Regarding Seska, maybe a combination... she's Janeway's prior, discarded attempt to build the perfect assassin; Seven was her replacement. So, now she's a highly intelligent operator with years of spy training, including training in poisons from master poisoner Neelix. She has a slightly friendlier relationship with her purchased manservant and sometime lover Chakotay (since they were both slaves, her to Janeway and minions, him to the alliance), and they fly about the galaxy in a Maquis raider, frequently bickering good naturedly with each other.

Just a brainstormed thought.

SolarisOne and WarpTenLizard like this.
  5. WarpTenLizard

The only trouble is that this is what I plan to do with Tom and B'Elanna (falling in love despite Tom previously being her slave).

Though, I now keep seeing a version of Seska saying Madeline Khan's line from "Yellowbeard"....

"....my and probably your son!"