Spoilers Season 3 Cast Announcement

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by PT109, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

I would expect the 1701-A is also in the fleet museum. Not like it was destroyed. Plus you’d think they would want “Kirk’s ship” in there.

Sci likes this.
  2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Speculation hereabouts is late 2022, based on SNW, LD S3 and the remainder of Prodigy. That's assuming they continue with no gaps between shows and not as much overlap as we had with DSC and PIC.

brandnewfan and Tomalak like this.
  3. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Well September is the 35th Anniversary of TNG and December the 20th Anniversary of Nemesis so maybee they could pop out at least the first few episodes before 2022 closes for the holidays?

Pleeeeease?

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

You can pretty much ignore everything in that comic. The producers certainly did.

5. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Considering the poster can't spell the character's name correctly after 35 years....

Turtletrekker and ToddCam like this.
  6. The Commander

The Commander Lieutenant Red Shirt

Well...what a difference a new showrunner makes. Terry Matalas clearly has a different vision of Picard then Michael Chabon.

SolarisOne, Danlav05 and Lord Garth like this.
  7. The Commander

The Commander Lieutenant Red Shirt

Terry Matalas on Twitter:

"For those who are asking: no, these aren’t just cameos. This is a proper send off to the TNG crew. It’s been a labor of love for so long. I hope you like what we’ve cooked up. And yes, Federation starships galore."

Turtletrekker likes this.
  8. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seems worth noting they chose to overlap a lot this year when they didn't have to, given the last three weeks of Discovery aired at the same time as the first three weeks of Picard...and the last week of Picard airs at the same time as the first week of SNW.

If they didn't do these overlaps, they would have had enough Trek with just Lower Decks and Prodigy to last the remainder of the year. I can't see any reasonable cause to do the overlap unless they wanted to show something in December. And that something would have to be Picard, given no other shows will be far enough along to air their next season at that time.

9. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

Guilty as charged. I was recently reading about Singer Brian Johnson’s pre-AC/DC band, “Geordie” so that’s stuck in my head.

10. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Wasn't this from "The Last Best Hope" book, not the comic?

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

That's what I hope is the case. Not a big fan of the overlapping personally, but as long as it doesn't lead to gaps further down the line, not a big deal either.

12. gvn2fly

gvn2fly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So we'll have Picard season 3 and SNW season 2 ready to go late this year/early next year. Really hoping we get the last season this fall and having it premiere around the time of the TNG anniversary would be perfect. It could be Picard season 3 fall/winter, followed by SNW 2 (or prodigy), then followed by Discovery if that's ready (or more Prodigy)

Now that Picard is finished I wonder if they'll start filming one of the other shows in development this summer/fall for a 2023 air date.

13. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

The Enterprise-B might also be there, since we have no evidence that it was destroyed.

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

WOuld that be a proper send off like we had in "These Are The Voyages."?

15. El Maestro

El Maestro Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It seems that you are holding Matalas responsible for TATV when we had nothing to do with it.

16. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

It's worth pointing out that Brent Spiner and Isa Briones are part of the "regular" cast for Season 2, but we only saw Brent for the first time properly half way through the season. Isa only appeared briefly in episode 1 and then reappeared last week. So the TNG cast roles for season 3 may not be cameos, but I'd doubt they are in every episode.

Re Picard dying, I'm sure Patrick Stewart gave an interview not that long ago strongly implying that Picard wouldn't be killed off (it was in comparison to Xavier in Logan).

17. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Commodore Commodore

TATV brought dishonor to the family for at least three generations. Even Alexander would bear the burden of guilt.

Turtletrekker, ToddCam and El Maestro like this.
  18. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

Ironically Matalas was actually IN TATV (he's the guy that walks out the Enterprise-E turbolift on the Enterprise-D), as he worked as an assistant on ENT.

Harpsichord likes this.
  19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I was merely pointing out similar things were said about TATV, "a valentine to the fans" etc... That isn't to say that ST has never done a good send off with "All Good Things" and "What You Leave Behind" the better sends off. Only time will tell which one it is.

20. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not just an executive assistant. He had story credit on two episodes of Season 3: Stratagem (largely forgetabble Xindi arcwork) and Impulse (the "Vulcan zombie" episode - and a highlight of the third season).

Richard S. Ta and StewMc like this.