Spoilers Season 3 Cast Announcement

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by PT109, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Bridges are designed to be modular and can be replaced easily, like the battle damaged TWOK bridge being replaced for TSFS before arrival at Earth space dock. Also the bridge differences between TFF and TUDC. This can easily explain differences in bridge design. :bolian:

2. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

"We bombed! Let's celebrate!" :p :)

Paul Weaver likes this.
  3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    From Doug Drexler's Facebook on the last day of filming. Note the blurred out screen. This was a re-upload once he realised his spoiler but that's very obviously an Enterprisey shape.

DaveyNY, Dukhat and SolarisOne like this.
  4. El Maestro

El Maestro Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

TUC is criminally underrated! It isn’t a perfect movie but it is damned entertaining and I love it. It felt like a good send off that made sense based on what came before.

5. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

speaking of TUC. I really hope we get a TNG version of the teaser trailer for that one in the lead up to S3.

6. Airmandan

Airmandan Captain Captain

that’s got a “she’s gonna die” feel to it.

F. King Daniel likes this.
  7. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

No 80's minivan interior?

8. Vale

Vale Guest

No, I think those of us who had been paying attention had grave doubts going in to Nemesis. Even the trailers were bad.

9. SolarisOne

SolarisOne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, we know they went to huge expense to build that set for some reason.

10. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess he'll still command the Stargazer

It was true for S1 and 2, and at the time that was said, no S3 was written

Since we've already seen Spiner, Frakes, and Sirtis, they only have to give McF, Dorn, and Burton more stuff. All of them can easily fit into say the last 3 episodes, which still leaves 7 for the PIC people alone.

And since the cut scene from Nemesis isn't part of the canon, the bridge could've easily been completely replaced after it was trashed like that in Nemesis already.

He also didn't wanna be in uniform, and now he was twice.

Midquest and Danja like this.
  11. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

This looks to be the Stargazer but if it is the Enterprise, would this be a revamped Enterprise-E bridge or would we be seeing the Enterprise-F?

12. Vale

Vale Guest

No indeed! There's no reason to believe that the Enterprise-E would be retired by the early 2400s just due to her age. The original Enterprise turned 29 years old somewhere between The Motion Picture and The Wrath of Khan, and we know that the Galaxy-class was intended for a service life of up to 100 years with minor refits every 5 years and major refits every 20, so it seems likely the Sovereign-class would follow suit. And of course there's Excelsior-class and Miranda-class ships EVERYWHERE by the 2360s, despite them being decades old by then. Clearly some ships are built to last.

SolarisOne and Danja like this.
  13. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If it was the Stargazer, I don't think Drexler would have felt the need to blur out the ship graphic. We've already seen the Stargazer. I think this has to be the Enterprise.

14. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

All good things come to an end... again!

The fan boy in me wants them to show the Enterprise D, as that's the ship most associated with TNG. The saucer still exists. What if it's in the Fleet Museum? Restored with a new secondary hall. What if the TNG springs it?

Okay that might be too fanwanky. But I dislike the Enterprise E. Not my favorite Starship Enterprise.

But I'll be up for an Enterprise F.

15. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

If they have to do an Enterprise F just please make it an original design. Please don’t use the STO ship.

16. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

If season 3 is to be the final word on Patrick Stewart's Picard (can't rule out a recast / reboot what-have-you one day), then doing so with the rest of the Next Gen cast at his side seems fitting.

What I need to bolster my enthusiasm is a strong close to season 2. The season has started to lose me with an underwhelming middle after what was a very encouraging start.

17. gottacook

gottacook Captain Captain

If we assume the series to be going in the direction Patrick Stewart wants it to go in, isn't it equally possible that Chabon quit in protest? What am I missing?

This thing, with actors' names in shiny gold letters, does seem to be a response to a leak. (The last true surprise on American TV was probably the death of Will Gardner on The Good Wife, 8 years ago -- but seems like 15.)

It calls to mind the the "Together again" ending of Galaxy Quest.

18. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

What?! WHAT!!??? Don't you know how to use the #@!$@#W% SPOILER CODE!!!!1!!!1!!1!?

;)

(actually have no idea who that character is...)

Ar-Pharazon, Danja and SolarisOne like this.
  19. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

I think choosing to run a series based on his own novel is a rather more likely reason to leave than quitting in protest.

20. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

Chabon left to work on a series based on his own book.