Spoilers Season 3 Cast Announcement

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by PT109, Apr 5, 2022.

1. King Bob!

King Bob! The King of Kings Premium Member

I'm sure a lot of folks felt this way as they paid for their tickets to Nemesis. :lol:

2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

And I will admit, I was wrong when I said that was probably coincidence.

SolarisOne and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  3. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, without anything actually leaking as such the signals were there if you paid attention, so I wasn't at all surprised with today's announcement.

It was still very welcome, for me at least!

SolarisOne likes this.
  4. Dukhat

Dukhat Vice Admiral Admiral

Chabon: ‘We’re not making TNG 2.0.’

Matalas: ‘We’re making TNG 2.0, baby!’

:D

5. WarMaster1701

WarMaster1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's supposed to be 25 percent different right?

6. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The newer cast will be front and center - on their audio books.

7. Dukhat

Well, Picard is a synthetic person and Spiner will be playing some other Soong, so that’s like 15% right there.

8. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Commodore Commodore

There's no way I would not be happy about this. Sure he started out not wanting TNG 2.0, but that to me always meant he literally did not want to be captain of the Enterprise with his crew, like super old. It is absolutely appropriate that he would want to reconnect with those characters in a new way though!

If I get my cake and eat it too, the season will start up with Picard gathering his TNG forces, each of the new cast is paired up with a member of the TNG cast for the middle part of the season, before the final act sees the TNG crew reunite for real and save the PIC crew, by stealing the goddamn Enterprise!

Give me a Captain Beverly Crusher on the Pasteur and I will be a happy camper.

9. OCD Geek

OCD Geek Captain Captain

I mean, I assume that Season 3 is gonna be the Picard cast plus the TNG cast (a Soong in the mix hints at this), so that is at least 25% different. And people that wanted to see Seven of Nine cross over to TNG are probably in luck.

JoaquinSlowly likes this.
  10. Sci

Sci Admiral Admiral

I am so fucking excited. :hugegrin:

11. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

TOS era Klingon (What? Gotta trade on ALL the Trek nostalgia, right?) ;)

12. gottacook

gottacook Captain Captain

Well, Diana Muldaur retired from acting right after falling down the elevator shaft in L.A. Law, more than 30 years ago now. And she's even older than Patrick Stewart.

Me, I'd hope to see an entire episode where the gang does nothing but play poker and make small talk.

13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

Well they're only talking about the seasons they worked on :P

14. Dukhat

It will be 6 old geezers stealing the Enterprise to bring Data’s body back from that green nebula from Nemesis to fuse his mind back into a new Spiner body. It’s not just TNG 2.0, it’s Search for Spock 2.0!

15. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Commodore Commodore

This could be an amazing final episode!

16. Sci

Sci Admiral Admiral

Are the TNG cast in every episode? "Joining the cast" is a vague statement. They could all be in the series finale two-parter for all we know.

Absolutely. There are plenty of ways they could reunite the TNG crew without it being TNG 2.0.

17. Noname Given

They're just getting ahead of the inevitable fan leaks. Paramount KNOWS they can't keep the secret for over a year (it's the same reason they publicly announced and promoted the recasting of "James T. Kirk" for SNW in SNW S2 - which is currently filming, much like Picard S3, which recently wrapped filming) nearly two months before its first episode even streams.

Paramount has learned it's better get get ahead of Star Trek fandom and control the initial release and spin of stuff they know will cause both elation in some fans and consternation in other fans -- but again Paramount+ controlled how the info is first released as opposed to letting the various Trek Youtube personalities who would couch it in various (and some not in positive) ways.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  18. 1001001

1001001 Workin' Them Angels Moderator

19. Noname Given

Why not BOTH?!:adore: (Hey remember GR's 'vision' for the 24th century - 'Love Instructors' and all that...):angel: :drool::devil:;)

20. Timofnine

Timofnine Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero Moderator

Was he ever credited? IMDB? Maybe they can recruit him, as he is a canon on screen version? As long as Wil Wheaton gave his blessing though… but who would Wil Wheaton play? Would he play a mirror Wesley?
    Maybe they all get killed off and reunited in heaven/subspace/the nexus? Assuming that they have all been good of course? This could explain Data being included (who is now ‘dead’) and Picard who in season 2 is an organic synthetic, physically dead but still consciously alive.

That’s still a perfectly good reunion in my eyes, even if they share no physical screen time together maybe their ‘essences’ are reunited for one final frontier.

Sci likes this.