Sean Connery passes

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by John Clark, Oct 31, 2020.

1. trynda1701

trynda1701 Commodore Commodore

Somewhere in the darkest reaches of the Universe!
    Really sad news. :(:(:(:(

A lot of great films left behind as a legacy, not just Bond, although he's still my favourite Bond.

As well as we Scots feeling especially sad, the best comment I heard on the news today was "James Bond didn't make Sean Connery, Sean Connery made James Bond." How true.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This is sad. Not unexpected, because he had been ill for quite a while, but very sad. He had an incredible stature and presence as an actor and he essentially created the screen version of Bond. And he was so perfect as the elder Dr Jones-- whenever I wish that there had been more Indy movies over the years, his presence in them is part of the wish. And there was that unique, and instantly recognizable, voice.

A Vesper Martini toast to Connery, Sean Connery. [​IMG]

RIP. :(

3. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

4. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Women wanted to be with him, men wanted to be him. His ability to mix cool suaveness with ruthlessness literally ruined the Bond character for all the actors who followed him in the role not named Daniel Craig.

Saw this in a doc, that one of the reasons Tippy Hedren was willing risk further sexual harrassment by Hitchcock was because she wanted to work with Sean Connery.

Great loss for the world of cinema. RIP.

5. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

:( RIP. Really enjoyed him in Dragonheart.

6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Surely if you’re including Barry Nelson, you should also include David Niven, making it four gone?