Scruffy-looking untitled Han Solo film thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Skywalker, Jan 11, 2016.

1. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And, just like the "clean" Falcon, we'll see the vest with it's original inscription:

"I made the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, and all I got was this lousy vest."

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Original inscriptions on clothing could be a lot more awkward.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It honestly hadn't even occurred to me before, but could we see Jabba in this? Do we know how long or how often he worked for Jabba before the pre-ANH incident?

4. cooleddie74

I know this much. If they do show him a CGI Jabba would look a lot better than even the 2004 DVD version of the character inserted into ANH. And that one was a million times better than the piece of crap that passed for a CGI Jabba the Hutt in the 1997 Special Editions.

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

You'd think that if he was, then it'd have been in the trailer somewhere. Personally I don't think the movie really needs him as it already seems pretty packed with characters as it is.

Also, the galaxy is a big place and there are other gangsters out there than just Jabba, or indeed, the Hutt families in general. Personally, I'm hoping for an appearance by the Pykes since they are going to be dealing with Kessel, which probably means something to do with the spice trade.

6. General_Phoenix

General_Phoenix Captain Captain

May not mean much, but there are hints at a Jabba toy for the merchandising for the Solo movie.

cooleddie74 likes this.
  7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Of course, a Force Ghost Obi-Wan was released with the TLJ stuff, yet he didn't appear in the movie itself. If Jabba is in this movie, it's likely just a cameo scene, and he may not even have any direct interaction with Han anyway.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, I agree the movie doesn't need him. It just hadn't even occurred to me as a possibility before my post.

General_Phoenix likes this.
  9. cooleddie74

And hopefully any new Jabba toy won't be a Walmart or Toys 'R' Us exclusive like the last two figures that were released in the line. Yeah, we got a big 6-inch Black Series Jabba but he came with absolutely no accessories and retailed for $40. You had to get the San Diego Comic-Con version of the figure to get any cool stuff with him.

General_Phoenix likes this.
  10. General_Phoenix

Agreed. I grew tired of exclusives years ago, I was a big fan of the Black Series, but the retail Jabba was poor. At least there was a cool Biker Scout.

11. cooleddie74

I never found the 6" Wampa and Hoth Luke in stores. I saw them once but the seller wanted too much for them.

12. General_Phoenix

I had a hard time finding a lot of them in my area. Some I found through blind luck, but Han Solo, Greedo, and Slave Leia were peg warmers in my area, Bespin Luke was fairly common too. Never found the Wampa/Hoth Luke either.

cooleddie74 likes this.
  13. cooleddie74

I did score Jaina Solo about a week or so ago. She's as good as the reviews say. :)

14. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

If this movie has a surprise appearance by Thrawn, I will personally suck Kathleen Kennedy's dick.

15. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since this is a Han "origins" story, and there's only a select few things we definitely know about Han's origin -- the Kessel Run, winning the Falcon from Lando, and smuggling for Jabba -- I would be surprised if all three didn't play a prominent role in the film.

16. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jabba is the low hanging fruit, here. Jabba has represented the obstacle overshadowing Han from the beginning. It would be truly remarkable if he weren't in it.

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Jabba was mostly only supposed to be a local gangster in the outer rim, not the kingpin of the entire galaxy. Conversely, Han is a very small fish in Jabba's underworld. A long term feud between them just makes even less sense than the supposed rivalry between Han and Fett.
    Indeed, I think in one of the earlier drafts, Jabba's beef with Han wasn't over a dumped shipment but money Jabba had lent him to get his new ship built. So yes, at one point Jabba was thought to be the owner of the Falcon before Han basically stole it.

18. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree that a long standing feud doesn't make sense. When I said from the beginning I meant since 1977, not since the beginning of Han's story.

19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/12/solo-a-star-wars-story-influences/

According to this, Lawrance Kasdan had already signed on with LucasFilm to start wirting a Han film before Disney came along. Not his son though, that didn't happen until after Episode 7.

Also, Michael K. Williams was only recast because he didn't have time to reprise his character for Ron Howard's reshoots.

20. General_Phoenix

Han and Jabba had a good working relationship in the beginning, would like to see that, even though I am sure Han always felt like it was a deal with the devil.

Jabba still had uses for Han at one point, at least from their conversation in ANH, Jabba was cutting him a lot of slack. Han waiting 3 years between ANH and ESB probably is what really pissed Jabba off.