Sci-Fi Channel Special Edition Extras...

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by potablog, Sep 21, 2009.

1. potablog

potablog Lieutenant Red Shirt

2. potablog

3. potablog

4. EEE

EEE Captain Captain

Just watched the first few seconds of your first conversion... these appear to be substantially higher quality conversions than the version that went around the net years ago... you really need to put these out in avi for trekkies to download and replace the old ones!

5. potablog

I've never seen the others floating around! Once I finish converting the run, I'll try and figure out how to go about doing that...

"This Side Of Paradise" is up...

http://www.apieceoftheaction.net/2010/04/star-trek-sci-fi-channel-special_08.html

potablog

6. EEE

EEE Captain Captain

Well, it has been years... but they looked like 4th or 5th generation VHS at best.

No idea what format you end up with prior to Youtubing them, but do a search on "AutoGK" and see if it'll fit the bill. (the only free program I've found that will actually synch the sound & pics on my DVD's *.VOB files when converting to xvid/divx *.AVI files)

7. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Cool stuff. Gotta say, though, watching Majel Barrett's commentary about why NBC didn't like "The Cage" and didn't like her character are hilarious. Of course, I can understand why she wouldn't want to repeat the real reason NBC was uncomfortable with her as Number One. :lol:

8. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

All she knows is what Gene told her.

9. Kirk1980

Kirk1980 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I must say I'm finding the toy reviews almost as interesting as I'm finding revisiting the extras!

10. potablog

Thanks man! That's what I started the blog for in the first place... I just figured the Sci-Fi segments would be a fun supplement. ;)

potablog

11. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain

12. KirkPicard

13. KirkPicard

If there is interest, I will begin posting more episodic features over the next few weeks.

14. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

Please do...

15. KarmicCurse

KarmicCurse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Definitely, please. These have been more informative than most DVD extras. And having the original actors, guest stars, and writers reflect on the show is a real treat.

16. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

+1 to all the thank-you notes from me, potablog! This is a wonderful supplement to the series and I hope you keep it running forever!

17. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

They should have kept Nimoy as the host for 'This Side of Paradise'.

18. potablog

Sorry for the lack of postings for awhile guys... My computer crashed, taking the encoded stockpile I had with it. Thankfully, I still have all the transfer discs, so it's just a matter of encoding them again and uploading to youtube.

I just put up "The Tholian Web" a few minutes ago.. As of this typing, youtube says it's still processing and video quality will improve when it is done... But here it is if you just can't wait for that. ;)

http://www.apieceoftheaction.net/2010/08/star-trek-sci-fi-channel-special.html

potablog

19. KarmicCurse

KarmicCurse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Tholian Web is one of my favorite episodes. Unfortunately they didn't have much to say about it specifically.

20. potablog