Spoilers Santiago Cabrera as Captain Cristóbal "Chris" Rios

670i0e.gif

I'm still pissed they never added the swashbuckling Emergency Armed-Security Hologram - "Aramis!

Although it looks like helping with security is the return of Emmet ETH Emergency Tactical Hologram
66mgwz.gif

66mi33.gif

Looks like Seven is La Sirenas new Cap, and she deactivated all the other Rios EHs, exept for Emmet! :lol:

El placer es mio!
\
66micb.gif
:lol:

She obviously chose the coolest one - El Chileno!

nUB8iZG.jpg

Also with their collective yet fractured engrams, he's likely the only one who "remembered" where Rios kept the Aguardiente;)

Last edited:
The Stargazer will need a pretty huge shuttlebay to bring La Sirena on board. I'm not sure it'd even fit into Discovery. Then again the Stargazer looks like a pretty huge ship.

67bhl4.gif

Why xo has his lighter?
67bhvo.gif

Rios - !Dale! ...nothing.

Rios - Make it so
Agnes - It's your own fault you know. No one told you to accept a command with baggage...

True he needs his own ahead call.

Last edited:
Rios - Make it so
Agnes - It's your own fault you know. No one told you to accept a command with baggage...

I do like the twist that his version is in Spanish, though ("¡Dale!", which is why Agnes is giving him the quizzical look).
Feels like a good mix of Rios's own style and the tradition he's inheriting.

67bhl4.gif

Why xo has his lighter?
67bhvo.gif

Rios - !Dale!

Rios - Make it so

Feels like a good mix of Rios's own style and the tradition he's inheriting.
Agree, despite this commands "baggage" he should stick with his own !Dale! , till they all get it.:lol:

Last edited:
67k9wh.jpg

Emmet (Rios) kicked ass!
And surprisingly caring, non judgmental and sympathetic to Seven's predicament.
Although she's not wanting to hear it from him.

67k9cq.gif

67k954.gif

67k9km.gif

Emmet (after he helps take out the pirates) - You ever consider a flesh and blood crew?
Seven - No
Emmet - Of course, a lifetime of humans reacting with fear and prejudice, to your Borg enhancements. May have inhibited developmentally appropriate relationship skills.
Seven- Stop talking
Emmet - You're the boss.

Although apparently what she did was merge all the holos into one.

Last edited:
Apologies, put that in the wrong thread so replying to you here.
Man, I liked the entire crew of Rios Holograms.

I didn't want only 1x of them, I wanted the entire set.

Yeah I really liked them, Emmet was my favorite, and I like his dynamic with Seven, but I do hope it's not the end of the rest.

Last edited:
I'm still a little bit devastated that she merged the holos. I know we might not see them again at all, depending how the end of the season shakes out for Sirena, and I didn't expect to see any of them at all. But it's still really sad.

I love that you can see glimpses of the other holos in Emmet now, though. Ian (and/or Steward) commenting on the railing needing to be fixed, Emil's caring counseling (take that, Rogue Elements ;9 ), Enoch making him generally more talkative and less monosyllabic... Those are really nice touches!

But I'm still choosing believe they'll get un-merged sooner rather than later, even if we don't see it happen on the show.

So Rios mentions that he felt like he knew Captain Marta Batanides (his captain had been her first officer)
Marta Batanides played a significant role in the TNG episode "Tapestry" in which Q brings Picard back to revisit several pivotal moments in his past.
She was there during the fight and stabbing which led to Picard needing his artificial heart,.
The tapestry idea of second chances and revisiting past times also featured heavily in the teaser for S2.
Might the hints of Marta Batanides character get e revisit, ...?
57xg17.gif

57xek5.gif

57xeh1.gif

it’s an interesting premise — and the (indirect) link to Rios is a nice touch.

Given that she was at the Academy with Picard, Marta Batanides is presumably of a similar age to Jean-Luc and therefore also now in her mid-90s…? Aging being somewhat less of a problem by this time, that doesn’t mean they would have to cast an actor quite that old but Batanides, should we ever meet her again, would clearly be relatively elderly by the time of Picard, at least somewhat equivalent to Patrick Stewart’s age.

it’s an interesting premise — and the (indirect) link to Rios is a nice touch.

Given that she was at the Academy with Picard, Marta Batanides is presumably of a similar age to Jean-Luc and therefore also now in her mid-90s…? Aging being somewhat less of a problem by this time, that doesn’t mean they would have to cast an actor quite that old but Batanides, should we ever meet her again, would clearly be relatively elderly by the time of Picard, at least somewhat equivalent to Patrick Stewart’s age.
Oh wow, that was just spit-balling way back when all we had was the S2 Q "time " teaser and nothing else. So episode "Tapestry" came to mind.
Way before all the totalitarian timeline and Borg narrative was established as the focus
Hadn't thought of Batanides since.

Although it seems like they are now playing Laris in a similar - what if Picard had played a different hand ...then he wouldn't be the same Picard - theme, as Tapestry.
67v4md.gif

Just sub Laris. I'm guessing this time he does get to play that second hand, and by end does get to end up with Laris.

Anyway don't want to derail to much here, reason Batanides was mentioned here, was yeah the spurious connection to Cristobl Rios.

Last edited:
Problem is she is only in her mid 40's at this point so to play someone of a similar age to the Picard of present day would mean aging her up.

As for Laris I'm expecting whatever they do to fix the timeline will have a side affect, Picard will finally have the courage to tell her how he feels but Zhaban will now be alive.

Back