S03 E23 Countdown

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Hoshi's sis, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Hoshi's sis

Hoshi's sis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mods can you unpin the previous thread and pin this one please?

Please leave your thoughts, reviews and critisms for the penultimate episode of Season 3 - Countdown.

2. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

This was one excellent episode! So much is happening here that it leaves me breathless!
    Makes me wish I could go back in time to watch the final 5-6 episodes fresh all over again.

3. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

3x23 – “Countdown”
    …it’s the final countdown…

While it did have some good visuals to go with the intense battle scenes, as well as some good TnT, I find the use of torture without any follow-up to be in poor taste. Poor Hoshi. :( Tortured by oversized humanoid reptiles. At least she gave them a good fight, including a rather appropriate spit in the face, it’s just that, again like I said, there should have been some follow-up to this beyond her being out of it for another episode so she doesn’t translate Degra’s instruction manual quite as fast as she otherwise would have. I know some might be squeamish at the rather graphic portrayal of torture, but I think we need to be reminded that that kind of thing is a possibility in war; my gripe is with the lack of follow-up to it, because something like this would stay with someone subjected to it. I mean, really, she actually tried to kill herself so she wouldn’t be subjected to more of those parasites, and so she wouldn’t be forced to be responsible for destroying her own homeworld, that should have stayed with her.

On the TnT front, I think this is the first time I can recall T’Pol ever using Trip’s nickname, and it got his attention pretty quickly. She was pretty snippy at him with what she’s going through, and maybe it was partly that she was still trying to push him away, but she reversed herself and apologized. Later, during the return to the captain’s mess, we had more TnT goodness. I’ll reiterate my gripe about T’Pol not already having a formal affiliation with Starfleet, however. Trip has my back, he seemed just as keen on seeing her in a Starfleet uniform as I am, because he’s seen how well she fills one out in Hatchery. ;) You know, I would have loved to see the look on Soval’s face too. :lol:

On the Xindi front, Archer fibbed and said that they’d found a way to destroy the spheres before they really had some up with anything they could actually implement. This puts the pressure on the crew and I feel for them, though I admit that since it got him the support from the Aquatics that he needed, it was probably necessary. The battle that followed had some stunning visuals, including the destruction of one of the massive Aquatic ships which was definitely not like anything we’ve seen before.

As for the Guardians, I’m surprised and confused why it took them this long to take an active role. It confirmed their control of the spheres if nothing else, but I’ve always wondered in these things why the players, be they with the other TCW factions or these Guardians, never do more themselves.

Other than that, there really isn’t all that much for me to say about this episode. Seems like about 7/10 again to me.

4. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

9/10 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: