Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman to star in Deadpool III (2024)

By the way, Garner returns as Elektra?!? There was such a demand for that?!?
Maybe the execs want to re-release those old Daredevil movies and were like, "hey, since you're doing a multiverse mashup can you include..." to boost sales for MCU completionists.

Why wouldn't Elektra be there if they can get her? They seem to be throwing in everyone they can get.

Oh, and about some tagging Lucas with repeating a plot device, it was one thing for Lucas--the creator--to use a second Death Star, but there's no excuse for others--decades later--to use a "bigger and better" world-killing weapon in TFA, which only added to the impression that the film was a knock-off of ANH (because the PTB could not think of an interesting, creative idea of their own).
No. No different. Fans excuse creators all the time but ROTJ has been panned for a while for reusing the Death Star and fairly so.

No. No different. Fans excuse creators all the time but ROTJ has been panned for a while for reusing the Death Star and fairly so.

Allegedly, Lucas took the Death Star destruction from the end of his hypothetical third movie and stuck it on ANH since there was no guarantee there would be sequels. Which begs the question, what was the original ending to Episode 4?

His original plan for the ending of A New Hope was to be something similar to the end of RotJ with a battle on the planet and in space at the same time. I think that is from his original Rolling Stones interview back in 1977.

Oh, and about some tagging Lucas with repeating a plot device, it was one thing for Lucas--the creator--to use a second Death Star, but there's no excuse for others--decades later--to use a "bigger and better" world-killing weapon in TFA, which only added to the impression that the film was a knock-off of ANH (because the PTB could not think of an interesting, creative idea of their own).

Lucas doing it should be a sign that he himself was running out of ideas for his own creation, not some "He's the creator, that justifies everything" nonsense. And the EU novels that the "fans" demanded be adapted 1:1 to the screen did that too with Imperial Remnants always making new superweapons.

If they wanted to emulate it they should have adapated the OG Thrawn trilogy, no superweapons just a super mind and the third best villain after Vader and the Emperor.

Force Repelling Sloths and clones of Jedi Masters? I suppose you wanted "Luuke" as well.

Let's face it, they dropped the ball hard on their trilogy

They didn't have much to work with.

The same is happening with the MCU - they went overboard with spectacle at the cost of story and characters.

I'd say it's more that certain folks are mad that "sidekicks" are now treated as proper leads of their own and they can't handle anyone but the OG getting movies.

Something along the lines of "Look, these characters are sidekicks. They were introduced that way and that means that's all they are! I want the REAL leads!"

Anwar said:
I suppose you wanted "Luuke" as well.
Still possible... :whistle:
Lukes-Hand-on-Exegol.jpg

Why wouldn't Elektra be there if they can get her? They seem to be throwing in everyone they can get.
I was just surprised that people cared at all. She appeared as Elektra in just two movies.
Daredevil was, well, ok. The eponymous "Elektra" was just forgettable. It wasn't even a bad movie that people love to bash. It was just bland and boring

I was just surprised that people cared at all. She appeared as Elektra in just two movies.
Daredevil was, well, ok. The eponymous "Elektra" was just forgettable. It wasn't even a bad movie that people love to bash. It was just bland and boring
Maybe she's pals with Reynolds or something?

Well, Feige has said that every Marvel project that has ever existed exists somewhere in the multiverse, so she would be fair game. Besides, the quality of her movie will probably make for some good jokes.

Last edited:
That seems to be the popular theory right now, and a lot of people are expecting to be played by Blake Lively aka the real life Mrs. Ryan Reynolds.

Back