Russell T. Davies Returns to Doctor Who as New Showrunner

David Tennant described the specials on The One Show (as reported by io9) as thusly:

They’re very different, each one is really quite unique.The first one is to sort of recognize the sort of world of Doctor Who, you’re recognizing things. The second one is unlike any episode of Doctor Who. And the third one is bananas.
Sounds brilliant to me. Can't wait. :D

...even if "The Giggle" ends up being only about banana daiquiris.

Edited to include the Twitter video clip that didn't load properly in the io9 article when I first read it.

Last edited:
Somebody on GB has apparently seen The Giggle and knows it's last scenes, and he shared what he knew!

Tennant survives the battle with the Toymaker, the bi-regeneration appears to be Ncuti's Doctor being pulled from a future point in 14's timestream by the Toymaker. The final scenes are Fourteen enjoying dinner with Donna and her family, while Ncuti's lonelier Doctor continues to travel alone

Tennant survives the battle with the Toymaker, the bi-regeneration appears to be Ncuti's Doctor being pulled from a future point in 14's timestream by the Toymaker. The final scenes are Fourteen enjoying dinner with Donna and her family, while Ncuti's lonelier Doctor continues to travel alone.
That's kinda how I thought The End of Time Part II was going to go, based on the way Part I was set up -- we had Borusa, in the future, narrating the events of Part I, so I thought: "What if there's no regeneration at all and Matt Smith is just the Doctor in Borusa's present? Tennant sort of walks off into the sunset, and we pick up with Matt Smith already established. And ever since thinking that, I've wanted a Doctor's era to end like that -- open-ended, because "nothing ever ends" -- and we simply follow the adventures of a new Doctor from that point on.

He's there at 2013 part but they oddly jump from 1989 to 2005.

He's also there in the first four seconds of the clip.

My guess is that the BBC doesn’t have the rights outright to the 1996 TV movie and so they can’t show any clips from it.

I’m probably wrong but if I am right it would explain it.

Last edited:
Somebody on GB has apparently seen The Giggle and knows it's last scenes, and he shared what he knew!

Tennant survives the battle with the Toymaker, the bi-regeneration appears to be Ncuti's Doctor being pulled from a future point in 14's timestream by the Toymaker. The final scenes are Fourteen enjoying dinner with Donna and her family, while Ncuti's lonelier Doctor continues to travel alone

I'm calling BS on this because I very highly doubt that anyone actually in a position to have seen anything beyond The Star Beast would be foolish or stupid enough to violate NDAs or review embargoes by posting spoilers about what they'd seen on an online message board.

That's kinda how I thought The End of Time Part II was going to go, based on the way Part
I was set up -- we had Borusa, in the future, narrating the events of Part I, so I thought: "What if there's no regeneration at all and Matt Smith is just the Doctor in Borusa's present? Tennant sort of walks off into the sunset, and we pick up with Matt Smith already established. And ever since thinking that, I've wanted a Doctor's era to end like that -- open-ended, because "nothing ever ends" -- and we simply follow the adventures of a new Doctor from that point on.
This could better explain the renumbering of the series, all and all. And the more I think about it, the more I like it. But, we'll see.

Back