RIZZOLI & ISLES tv series and book series disscusions and comments

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I loved all those clips

2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

3. JanewayRulz!

4. JanewayRulz!

I like this article listing all the TV characters who have a drinking problem.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/14-jittery-java-junkies/page-2.html

One of our heroines is number 10 on the list...but who can trust a list that includes Gibbs' coffee but forgets Abby's CAFF POW!!! :shrug:

I love that the photo they chose was from the finale.

But Jane isn't the only one who turns to coffee in a time of need.

5. JanewayRulz!

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  6. JanewayRulz!

7. JanewayRulz!

Two shots... Move Forward

The premiere was very good, occurring seconds after the finale of last season.

My only "really" comment was Jane running bare foot through the streets/alley ways of Boston and never once stepping on a piece of glass. (Yeah, its the little things that bug me :rolleyes: )

It also bugs me when it looks like the writer isn't paying attention to the timeline.

It looked like they forgot what day it was, the day after the shooting, but that was because Maura changed clothes halfway through the day making it look like the third day.

I like how Kent has finally figured out how to scare Maura. "I could call Detective Rizzoli." :devil:

Overall, I like the new season start and Jane's new townhouse. :techman:

I didn't like Angela's boyfriend's daughter ruining their relationship. :thumbdown:

I did approve of Frankie and Nina's relationship progressing. :bolian:

Of course big things bug me too... like screenwriters think Catholics can confess a sin ahead of time and still be forgiven. :brickwall:

Valentina is back with her weekly music videos! :beer:

8. JanewayRulz!

Here's the first 2 1/2 minutes of episode 1 with barefoot Rizzoli chasing the elusive Alice Sands... or is it?

Whereas the 1st two minutes of episode 2, "Dangerous Curves" finds Maura visiting Jane in the morning instread of vice a versa. And strange enough... their dual phone calls don't send them to the same crime scene,

Jane goes to take down Alice's money man... unfortunately he dies in the attempt. Maura and Kent discovered his shirt had cow blood on it which leads them to where Alice is hiding.

Maura, even limited by her concussion, provides clues which dismissed Jane's previous theory of how Alice escaped, and more clues as to where to find her in the tunnels under Boston. Eventually they found her, arrested her and let her go for lack of evidence when witnesses to a shooting all lied to protect Alice. Not to be deterred, Jane found Alice's previous get away car and Maura found the evidence to arrest her.

If you are wondering what that has to do with Dangerous Curves, wonder no longer.

Jane and Alice have done this dance because Police Academy dropout Alice couldn't handle the fact that a PLUMBER'S daughter could defeat her at school. She took her disappointment and turned into a "drug lord" to find her self worth. Of course that wasn't enough and she decided to take away everything Jane had to belittle her life and accomplishments.

The B story involved a young college student who "would have been" the first in her family to graduate college, but she couldn't succeed at her university and wouldn't take her family's suggestion to come home and go to the local community college. She couldn't accept the death of her grand dreams, but unlike Alice Sands she didn't turn to crime and plot the demise of her arch enemy.

Instead she just plotted a way to suicide that would make her family think it was an accident. Frankie investigated, discovered the truth and learned not to judge the family because of the daughter. In the end he protected the family's view of the daughter and allowed them to think she simply died when she lost control on a dangerous curve while driving a pre-airbag vehicle.

The show ends with Alice committing suicide by cop, (can you guess the cop?) and the ladies challenging each other to explore relationships with men already in their life.

So two eps in and we are done with the Alice Sands storyline that occupied all of season 5... or are we?

Alice wanted to destroy Jane... and I can't help but think we'll see some reverberations of that shooting in the future.

Valentina does "Dangerous Curves Ahead".

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  9. May 20

May 20 Consumer of cookies and milk Premium Member

Yeah, that really bugged me, too. I can suspend my disbelief *a lot*, but that was too far from any semblance of reality.

Overall, though, I enjoyed both episodes. It looks like it's going to be a solid farewell season.

10. JanewayRulz!

I am definitely going to miss these two women. :weep:

At least I'll be able to get my "soul sister fix" on the CW when they run season 2 of Supergirl. :beer:

ETA:

Geez... the original vid's already been deleted.

here's and even better one of the Danvers sisters.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  11. Gingerbread Demon

I missed a two parter that was on TV a while ago. The first episode started with a woman being suffocated by a plastic bag on her head, and then ended with Jane jumping off a bridge to save a lawyer guy she thought might be innocent or something. Who killed the woman at the start of the two parter?

12. JanewayRulz!

I think you are referring to the summer finale ,,,

and winter premiere of season 5.

A woman was murdered (naturally) and during Jane's investigation she discovered the victim was having an affair with a married district attorney. All the clues uncovered pointed to the DA as being the murderer. DA Paul couldn't take the scrutiny, loss of job and divorcing wife and so he decided to kill himself. Jane's intervention fostered a change of heart, but his weak ankles allowed him to fall arse overr tea kettle off the bridge. The amazing thing wasn't that damn fool Rizzoli jumping in after him. :brickwall:

The amazing thing was he DIDN'T break his neck in the process. :crazy:

The real killer of his mistress was (naturally) his wife, which Jane deduced later in the show. I guess its true about "a woman scorned".

Something Jane kind of had to deal with in her own life during this ep.

But worry not, they do make up.! :beer:

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  13. Gingerbread Demon

Thank you so much

It seems every time that this particular story is on TV I miss the 2nd part. Thank you so much for the recap ......

14. JanewayRulz!

I hate it when that happens to me. (Usually NCIS)

Glad I could help.

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  15. JanewayRulz!

The promo for Monday's next episode, "Cops vs Zombies". :cardie:

16. Gingerbread Demon

OMG, OMG..........

I see a future movie title there. You better get that copyrighted. Seriously.

Cops vs Zombies sounds like a fun idea.

17. JanewayRulz!

It may look like I stopped watching Rizzoli and Isles in June... but in reality I just stopped posting since real life often got in my way and I frequently had to watch the ep on line several days later. Once the habit of posting was broken...:shrug: well you get my drift.

What I've missed will be dealt with in short order, but suffice it to say, I've enjoyed them all. :techman:

Big things I've neglected to discuss during my sabbatical, was the fact that Angie directed the 100th ep... the one where Jane goes behind bars.

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/...er-ideal-dinner-companion?mbid=social_twitter

I have to admit, the scene where Maura painted the tattoos on Jane was in NO WAY as seductive as the one in season 5 of Xena WP when Gabrielle did the same to Xena. ;)

Of course, G&X were alone, whereas Maura and Jane were being chaperoned by Korshak. :whistle:

I think its funny Maura doesn't know what its like to be "behind bars" since she was in jail in season 2 (?) when she was framed for murder.

The best thing about that ep... besides Jane's awesome lion tattoo, was that the B story guest star was "Sharon Gless," the actress who played the best Cagney in the 1980's TV series Cagney and Lacey. :bolian:

This past week, we discover Maura has a marriage in her past that she conveniently forgot to tell anyone about.

What I didn't know until now was that ep was also directed by Sasha Alexander. :beer:

http://tvline.com/2016/08/14/rizzoli-and-isles-sasha-alexander-director-preview-series-finale/

I love what she did at 3:01 in this clip.

18. JanewayRulz!

Here's Valentina's take on my missing season 7 eps.

Cops and Zombies:
    The ep where Maura handed Jane her resignation from the department in case her illness prevented her from performing at her usual stellar level. :eek:

Post Mortem: Jane mixes it up wit a rogue postal inspector with the hots (?) for Korshak while Maura continues to deal with an illness Jane denies exists. :brickwall:

Shadow of a Doubt: Maura undergoes brain surgery while Jane teases out who in a family did the ugly deed of murdering mom. Its not that I mind Hope come back I just want to know where her "real" parents were. :shrug:

There be Ghosts: A double murder at the local hospital brings out the professional voyeur aka the murder mystery writers. Loved the final scene when Maura and Jane are introduced to Tess Gerritsen (the real life author of the Rizzoli and Isles novels) at the mystery writer's conference. :beer:

Dead Weight: Jane sees the BPD go on without her as she guest instructs at the FBI Academy for a week and proves she's the worst gift giver "ever". Or her latent tendencies are starting to surface. ;)

19. JanewayRulz!

2M7258-100 = Jane's prison number AKA: Alex Vause on OitNB WISHES she was this tough when she went to prison.

65 Hours they have just this much time to find/replace missing evidence or a double murderer goes free.

For Richer or Poorer The ep that reminds us that no matter what the economic strata you find yourself in, someone "higher" will disrespect you given half the chance. Yes that means YOU "Tilly", a harridan who thinks Maura Isles is BENEATH her son.

Did you notice who Didn't show up for Maura's divorcing party?

Kent, you better go back and look for that duck this past week.

I have been having a "problem" with Jane's decision to suddenly drop her job, her family and her friends to go off and TEACH interview techniques et al at the FBI academy, and at least this week's (8/22/2016 Stiffed ) ep starts to address it in a big way.

After weeks of being supportive, Korshak calls Maura on her lies... she doesn't want Jane to leave... and neither does he. And as she finally tells her mom her wish has come true, that Jane will never be in danger again, mom realizes she should be careful for what she wishes for. Jane maybe safe but she's moving 6 states away!

20. Gingerbread Demon

I just noticed Korshack was one of the captains in Babylon 5. He was commanding one of the Earth Alliance ships.