Rewatching Star Trek Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Keith1701, Mar 17, 2013.

1. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ahhh, my favorite season (there are however a few dogs; "Hatchery" and "Extinction" come to mind). I love "Twilight" which may be my favorite episode of the series. Will be interested in reading your review

2. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Enjoy the ride! :bolian:

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Excellent!!

I get powerful rewatch yearnings when I read these threads.

4. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Yay Season 3!!

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well if there's demand, I can always rewatch Enterprise and rip into it as much as it deserves! The bright side is I haven't watched through Enterprise near as much as I have the other series. The bad side would be I'd have to watch episodes like ANIS, Stormfront and TATV again.

6. feek61

Great, just what we need; someone ELSE ripping into "Enterprise," lol. I think we already have enough of that quite frankly (go watch DS9)

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The initial problems I had with Enterprise in first run was adjusting to some of characterizations and story elements (like "Acquisition"). I started missing episodes late in the 2nd or early 3rd season, so I never understood what was going on in the Xindi arc, and when I would catch an episode it was usually one of the lackluster stand-alones. I didn't see the 4th season at all until this year.

Some of the problems were because for a while, my landlord forced a situation where I was sharing a unit with a manic-depressive (who was legally insane) who not only ripped my (purchased) telephone out of the wall but eventually leaped through the closed living room window while trying to elude police. Thank God I never saw him again.

8. R. Star

Ah, such a frank and welcoming place we have here.

9. feek61

I was really just kidding; sometimes it's hard to convey that with a post. Please post at will!!! ;)

10. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

You only punish yourself. ;) :lol: :barf:

11. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm really enjoying rewatching Season 3. Did they ever change the alarms to Red, Yellow alert before the fourth season?

12. Keith1701

TREK TRIVIA

IT WOULD TAKE APPROXIMATELY THREE WEEKS TO VIEW ALL 726 STAR TREK EPISODES FROM THE VARIOUS SERIES AND THE 11 STAR TREK MOVIES NONSTOP!!!

13. Keith1701

Just finished watching " AZATI PRIME" again. To me it's Excellent episode. Great Story, and OUTSTANDING Special efforts. For me, no matter what STAR TREK series that you are talking about, every time I see my Enterprise, (NX-01, NCC-1701, NCC-1701-A, NCC-1701-C, NCC-1701-D, OR NCC-1701-E) damaged or even destroyed, it really hurts my heart. I was still hoping to see one more STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION MOVIE, to see Enterprise-E:) in one last movie. I was hoping for TNG, DS9, and Voyager mixed cast, I think would be great movie, with some outstanding actors, as long as the story was well written.

Does anybody agree?

14. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

No.

They had a hard enough time throwing a few lines to the TNG minor characters. A mixed-cast movie would be a mess.

15. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Keith, as much as I would love to see something like that (and I've also had the same thought over the years), I'm going to have to agree with BillJ if I'm being realistic. But the bigger reason for me is the fact that it would be too costly to pay the talent. Imagine having to pay ALL of those actors to be in one movie! Given the declining success of the TNG films and the Trek TV franchise back then, they wouldn't have considered taking that risk anyway. And if they just used a select group from each cast, there would surely be heart-broken fans because "their favorite actor/actress" was not in the movie. So it's a good thing to dream about, and it would probably make a lovely novel/animated series/comic book series/fanfic, but I just don't see it then or now on as a live action movie.

16. Melakon

The only way they could have done a mixed cast reunion movie is by which actors wanted to return. Until then, you don't know who your characters for a story are and have to write something generic. Captain Janeway with First Officer Ezri Dax, and Communications Officer Hoshi Sato might be a result.

And if Bruce Hyde wanted to make one final shot, Kevin Riley could be in the bowling alley.

17. R. Star

As long as Harry Kim is still an ensign.

18. Melakon

Or Harry gets his captaincy, but Admiral Barclay immediately realizes it's a mistake, intended for a J. Harrison Kim in Starfleet, and Harry gets a pip stripping.

19. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

You mean without sleep?

20. Keith1701

I must say that I'm really enjoying watching Season 3 again. The season has great special effects on the bridge, engine room, and of course on the outside of the NX-01 Enterprise.:)
    We just need to remember that producers and crew worked very hard to bring us an excellent series, for us all to enjoy, just in time for Star Trek Into the Darkness.:)