Reign - The CW

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Taylirious, May 16, 2013.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He(Francis) gave Bash a new title(King's Deputy) so maybe he(Leith) can takeover Master of Horse and Hunt + live at court. LOL.

2. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I was thoroughly bored by last night's episode. I couldn't make myself care about anything.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It still doesn't mean anything.

Actually both those titles mean nothing.

They were equally made up on the spot.

4. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

It appears Castleroy's daughter was killed.

Edward, whom Mary sent to the dungeon full of sick people, ended up dead, which pissed off Lord Narcisse. Since Narcisse couldn't touch Mary and wrap his hands around her neck, he decided to punish Nostradamus for his involvement. I thought Mary's actions were justified, but Narcisse was seeking vengeance and threatening to withdraw support of fellow nobles if punishment wasn't exacted. A little charade by Mary and Francis spared Nostradamus' life while still giving in to Narcisse's demands. What tangled the royals weave.

There be ghosts in the castle! The doorway between life and death has been left open, and spirits walk among them now!

5. Guy Gardener

They need some more episodes where every one has a good time and it ends in smiles.

6. Taylirious

I miss Aylee. :(

7. Taylirious

Francis and possessed Caroline was interesting. What do you call that guy in the tent, a medium?

Good EP.

8. Guy Gardener

still not happy.

9. Taylirious

Evil spirits! Speaking of which why was Mary drinking so much alcohol when she is with child? Champagne and then wine, probably more we didn't see.

10. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

The idea that one shouldn't drink while pregnant is a recent development. At the time, wine and beer were standard beverages, and usually safer than water.

11. Guy Gardener

I was thinking the same thing. :)

Ignorance is bliss.

On The Knick, the hero spent the season strung out on cocaine, it was quite grody but fortunately in the final they found a miracle drug to wean him off it: Heroin.

But back then alcohol did more good than harm considering nothing was ever cleaned well or without a gob of human spit to make it sparkle.

12. Gryffindorian

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's episode. Catherine was just so darned funny and witty when giving royal counsel to Mary at the tavern. :lol:

A couple of impostors posing as Francis and Mary were extorting money from the locals, trying to discredit the royal couple. I didn't expect the twist towards the end when Gifford turned out to be one of the perpetrators.

Lord Narcisse appeared to take an interest in Lola and offered to help get her dowry, in exchange for seeing her bathe. But clever Lola had him fooled. ;)

13. Guy Gardener

This episode would have been so much better just as comedic. :(

And using an existing character as the turncoat would have helped.

14. Gryffindorian

Lord Slimeball Narcisse was at it again by threatening to expose Francis' secret (regicide/patricide) if he didn't sign an edict that would require everyone in the kingdom to declare their religion, which meant exposing the Protestants and endangering them. I'm not quite sure I understand Mary's intentions of encouraging the nobles to step forward and voluntarily admit they were Protestants. Wouldn't that have been counterintuitive? The whole intent was to protect them from persecution.

In any case, Narcisse got what he wanted by threatening Catherine and Mary's safety and accusing them of conspiring against the late Henry.

15. Guy Gardener

Religious diversity without constant bloodshed is barely doable in the first world today.

(Are Parkistan and India part of the first world?)

This is the 15th century.

If Protestants don't side with other protestants to promote a protestant king in France, or open a door for invasion from a protestant nation like England, they will be jailed, tortured and executed by the crown or possibly the Inquisition if the Crown feels ill and hands more power over to Rome.

Protestant nobles are a dangerous liability.

16. Gryffindorian

Sounds like a witch hunt, though. Imagine if, back then, instead of asking people to declare their religions, the ruling class asked everyone to divulge their sexual orientation. ;) Quite the scandal! Would there be mass rioting?

17. Guy Gardener

1. It's the 15th century, there are no homosexuals.

2. It's France, everyone is a homosexual.

18. Taylirious

Princess Claude. :(

19. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

This kind of show is my guilty pleasure. I have a graduate degree in History, and I want to hate them for being so inaccurate, but it's books and shows like this that got me into history in the first place. :lol:

One thing I love are the wildly inaccurate dresses the girls wear. The couture is just amazingly beautiful to watch. I was on a cruse in Alaska and missed Francis and Mary's wedding. I'd sell my mother to have seen her wedding dress.

Part of me hopes against hope that this series would carry on with Mary returning to Scotland and through her other marriages and her imprisonment by Elizabeth. But knowing CW, this will only go through 3 seasons and die a quick death.

Rats.

20. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i was about to say, it would be great if someone with extensive knowledge about this era could do a running commentary about each episode and point out everything that is made up.