Reflections for a nwhobie...

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by ThankQ, Jun 30, 2011.

1. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Good luck to you. I found the majority of his stories to be painful to watch, entirely because of Useless as his companion. Liz = excellent. Sarah Jane = a breath of fresh air. Useless? No, thanks.

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I remembered you disliked Jo Grant, and even tried to find your "Classic Who Day by Day" Thread to follow along as I watched, but, couldn't find it, it was too far back and settings on the search weren't being cooperative. I remember watching and thinking "She did do this in this this story, but, she also helped out in this way" alot of times.

I really enjoy the Master in these Stories. We also got 3 Dalek Stories, which I enjoyed all 3 of them (I only recall having seen the "White City" one perviously

Currently working on Tom Baker, next up is Revenge of the Cybermen (not much Sarah Jane left, but, I enjoy Leela alot too)

3. OmahaStar

Hopefully things will slow down and I'll be able to start it back up again ... It's sad when I can't even find a half-hour per day just for good tv.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Heh, I'm cheating and doing a whole story at a time (A little more difficult with the 6 parters than the 4 parters, I often am doing things while watching and have to watch again, because I missed too much)

5. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

Genisis of the Daleks was pretty good. I'm trying to watch some Tom Baker as I think I'll like him the most. He and the 2nd Doctor.

6. OmahaStar

As with the Star Trek movies, the evens are the best.

7. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

Seeds of Death was okay. I like the 2nd Doctor. It was what Deckerd meant by cheesy, I'm sure.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Not quite try, because that would include the sixth doctor, to some one of the weaker Doctor's. But perhaps that was down to the serials he had.

Plus of course in a poll a while back the fifth Doctor serial "Caves of Androzani" was rated best story of all time, up to and including some of the tenth Doctor's episodes.

9. OmahaStar

Er, yes. The Sixth Doctor is absolutely included in that, since he is the best Doc ever. And of COURSE Caves of Androzani was rated the best story of all time - it introduced the Sixth Doctor. Remember?

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

"Sure as eggs are eggs, sure as every odd numbered Star Trek film is shite." Tim Bisley, Spaced (played by Simon Pegg who stared in Trek 11 ;) )

This can't be true anyway given that 2, 5 and 11 are my favourites.

btw, there was a 6th Doctor?