Red Angel Theories- Post Here

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Vger23, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Perhaps Mama Burnham, seeing the destruction wrought by the Matrix Bot invaders, decided to stash away some folks so that the human species would not become extinct? Could have been her first attempt to change the outcome. Think about it, history shows the entire area being vaporized by atomic bombs during WW3. It they were 'taken' just before the bombs detonate, history would not be the wiser and they could start anew in a far off location. The human species endures regardless of the Matrix 'Bots. Thoughts?

CommanderRaytas likes this.
  2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

The real Good Place was inside the Bad Place, all along.

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I'm sure the Preservers would take issue with their own projects being hijacked like that. Or knowing humans had this technology but had apparently to their own knowledge "lost" it in an attack, recruit Michael's mum to help them on the condition of not drawing Discovery's attention?

4. Galaxy

Galaxy Captain Captain

I wonder if the RA story was changed mid season when Kurtzman took over.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  5. Jaster

Jaster Captain Captain

I still think we’ll find an altogether different entity that has been confused as a RA sighting in the last episode that can’t be explained. The one Burnham saw in Brother. I think it looked significantly different.

6. Succubint

Succubint Captain Captain

I think that at some point Michael will indeed have to take over from her mother to finish the RA's work. That way the bio-neural pattern is an exact match at some point of the suit being scanned and not planted info from CONTROL to get Discovery to flush out the RA. I also really like the idea of New Eden being established in order to have a pocket of humanity far enough away to survive to mount a resistance in the future.

So I presume the suit not only uses a time crystal but also the dark matter material from that asteroid? Because the suit seems to be able to navigate both time and space at will with no tardigrade in sight. (At least I think there's a resemblance to the spore drive, but I may be looking for connections where there are none) There's no way they'd insert that element in the story unless it's going to be needed/incorporated later.

jespah likes this.
  7. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

The crew eventually might get the idea to use the mycelial network for time travel (with dark matter so they don't need a navigator) to bypass the need for micro-wormholes... presumably because Future!Control won't be able to follow it that way.

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  8. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Time is like a blender, like Tilly said. Have to work with what we've got.

9. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

I think Mrs. Burnham is busy putting right what once went wrong.

Then Captain (Admiral? President? Whatevz) Archer shows up. Boom! Insta-canon!

10. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

(lifted from one of my posts from another thread but fits well here, I think)

Control is not an evil A.I. from the future--he's a highly deranged Al who can't home in on Sam Beckett anymore, ever since he got stuck in Jonathan Archer's life. He's determined to wipe out everything and start over, hoping Sam can break out of his "stuck in time" trap. It all makes sense now.

11. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Ziggy went psychotic that's who Control is

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

"Oh, boy!"

13. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Space Oddity totally makes sense now.

14. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    "There's a 94.7% chance you need to keep Spock from having sex with that bicycle wheel hippie chick from Dr. Sevrin's cult! You work on keeping him from meeting her and I'll keep an eye on Ziggy and make sure she doesn't try to wipe out all human life!"

15. Gingerbread Demon

Although if you think about it Sam Beckett leaping into Archer and the way Enterprise happens some episodes makes perfect sense.

cooleddie74 and jespah like this.
  16. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My guess is that Control will gain sentience in the future and go on a galactic wide mission of seeking out other advanced A.I's to incorporate into itself. I think it will seek to become 'God' in the sense that it wants to know everything that is knowable, which stems from its origins as a threat assessment program. It will then begin purging the galaxy of sentient life due to the risks posed by biological life and it's own aims to be a galactic super computer. The V'drayash is a version of the Federation that has been completely taken over by the A.I hence why it values artifacts of the old Federation.

I think Terralysium will be vital to overcoming the A.I in a 1000 years and potentially be a last refuge of humanity. I think there's more to the story of Mama Burnham being the Red Angel as well. Perhaps their is actually a Red Angel entity that gives the information to mama burnham to build the suit? The actual Red Angel might be itself an some type of advanced A.I, a good one, that is trying to influence events to bring about it's own birth. I think Zora is an example of what can happen to A.I over time and not necessarily the Red Angel A.I itself.

saddestmoon and Cyrus like this.
  17. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Control is Adm Archer's beagel that Scotty lost.

Pindar, Ar-Pharazon, Ovation and 3 others like this.
  18. Gingerbread Demon

And this time Porthos is not playing. He's out for revenge

XCV330, Ar-Pharazon, Ovation and 4 others like this.
  19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Prepare to spend a life in sickbay.

saddestmoon and CommanderRaytas like this.
  20. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

His pee will rain down on a million planets.