Red Angel Theories- Post Here

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Vger23, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Jaster

Jaster Captain Captain

*Click* Airiam’s memories + sphere data results in the very human and enchanting Zora AI we see in Calypso. That has to be it.

The more we discuss and see, the more I’m convinced Zora is key to this and part of Zora is Airiam.

This weeks cliff hanger - will...

...the crew decide that instead of destroying Discovery to stop the sphere data getting intro he wrong hands, they fake self destruct the ship (i.e. leave traces that infer it has been destroyed) and then send it off to hide and evolve into Zora in the nebula?

2. Reyman

Reyman Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Someone better start baking me some cookies!

3. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got that right, along with other things. [pat on the back] And most importantly, the theory (shared on other threads) that Discovery would remove itself from the current timeline proved correct. There was so much vitriol against that, but I don't expect any apologies from those folks.

Seriously, what do you expect when it's a ship that has all of time & space at its disposal? A linear chronological approach simply does not suffice. The haters are awkwardly quiet today.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Lord Garth and Reyman like this.
  4. eschaton

eschaton Commodore Commodore

I dunno. This episode suggests they will only be able to use the time crystal once. I suspected that Discovery was first going to go back in time and "fix" something in the past which helped to make Control happen (probably the death of Michael's father and her mother being lost in time) and it doesn't seem like we're going there.

5. NewHeavensNewEarth

It definitely looks like a 1-way trip. Shoutout again to the minority who predicted Discovery’s removal from the current timeline. :techman:

6. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I find it odd that the crew are so linear in their understanding of time travel. There is no reason why the Red Angel visitations or any other time travel has to take place in the same order they occur in our time stream.

Alan Roi, Jaster and Ovation like this.
  7. Jaster

Jaster Captain Captain

Their pattern indicates...two-dimensional thinking.

Ar-Pharazon and Pauln6 like this.
  8. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

Wouldn't sending the ship into the past be more effective against Control getting hold of it? Control could just go hide somewhere (other than the Delta quadrant ;)) and wait around for 500 or 1000 years. It's a lot less likely Control ever gets time travel tech to go back in time without the Sphere Data™.

9. NewHeavensNewEarth

They talk of an "anchor point" in the future that neither suit seems able to avoid. I don't claim to fully understand temporal mechanics, though, particularly Trek temporal mechanics. And in the past, they would face the awkward possibility of a run-in with the Sphere itself. But if there's a return policy like Costco's, maybe the Sphere would take it off Discovery's hands. In any case, the anchor point seems to be at the root of it.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  10. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

Ash brought up the possibility of Michael missing that anchor point and ending up anywhere/anytime. Obviously the plan is to go where Mama went.

NewHeavensNewEarth likes this.
  11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    She did say she hoped that she'd end up on Terralysia with her mother.

12. NewHeavensNewEarth

And if Control tracked Discovery's whereabouts back to Boreth, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Makes me think of this:
    [​IMG]

13. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Lean into bad puns. :p

14. fireproof78

fireproof78 Admiral Admiral

15. Succubint

Succubint Captain Captain

What do you mean removal from the current timeline? Because I was against a complete reset or erasure of events we've already experienced over the past two seasons. I was against any kind of removal of Burnham from the prime universe because that would be, in my opinion, hugely disrespectful to the character and her journey.

But this looks like a fairly straightforward jump to the distant future. In other words Discovery will be removed from the present, so that it and the sphere data merged with it can no longer be around for CONTROL to acquire. That does not equal a removal from the timeline. Everything Discovery did in the past still will exist as having happened.

So, your wordage is confusing to me.

Ovation and PiotrB like this.