Reboot Enterprise modernisation and homage

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Belz..., Feb 1, 2020.

1. Belz...

Belz... Commodore Commodore

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    NOTE: See the update in post #6.

Now that I've done the TOS and TMP homages, I decided to get into the reboots. This one is essentially a synthesis of both reboot designs (1701 and 1701-A), combining my favourite elements with a personal touch, and hopefully slightly better proportions. In a way it's a completely new version of my first attempt at full-scale Enterprise art.

I've not done the top and bottom views yet, but I'll probably do them at some point.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 5:53 PM
  2. Belz...

As promised.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've also updated the first post's images a bit.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  3. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Belz..., I love this a lot! You’ve managed to capture the best parts of the original series Enterprise, the motion picture refit, even the JJprise, and Enterprise from Discovery, all in there.

In short, I’m jealous because I’m convinced that someone’s going to scoop you up to work on a real sci-fi show!

Don’t forget where you come from, man!

4. Rekkert

Rekkert Captain Captain

Very nice! I'm liking the mix you made of the all versions, and I prefer this one the similar TOS connie modernization you did recently. I can't describe it, but there's something about the neck/secondary hull/pylons combination that just works better IMO, it flows more.
    Also, I'm loving all the details from the movies you managed to have on the cutaway graphic! :)

5. Belz...

Thank you!

Man, I wish!

Hopefully you'll both enjoy this next one. I've cooked it up today, since I already had almost all of what I needed to assemble it quickly. It's a more TOS-ified version of the one above, with a refit-like torpedo launcher.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    The Primeval and saddestmoon like this.
  6. Belz...

Bit of an update... as usual I just can't leave these versions alone.

Here's a reworked version of the OP one, combining it with TMP-refit elements and such. The top and bottom modules of the saucer and the torpedo launcher are the main alterations, but I've redone the cutaway to merge the two designs, as well, in addition to a few adjustments.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice the huge intermix chamber. When the core is offline you can actually step into it and access the dilithium assembly.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 2:15 PM