Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

Whoa... clearly, our anti-cruelty laws need better enforcement.

On a lighter note, I just found online a buttload of companies that are openly selling stickers that feature Calvin peeing on things. Even though they're completely illegal, due to copyright infringement.

Unfortunately, most animal cruelty laws in the US do not include "livestock". But, yes, the existing laws need better enforcement.

In a nearby city, they tore a waterfront house down and replaced it with a mansion. For eight figures it's yours. It's a great house with a great view. However, it's right smack in between two condo complexes. So if you have your curtains open, there's the possibility for hundreds of people looking right into your home. They can even look in at your waterfront-facing windows because the condo buildings extend far out over the water. Who would want that?

Would the post office ever deliver packages and mail separately? Today's mail arrived, but the package is still out for delivery.

Would the post office ever deliver packages and mail separately? Today's mail arrived, but the package is still out for delivery.

Well, they absolutely do that in this itty bitty town. They bring the packages first, then come back by with the mail. Although they often don't get the mail in the correct mailbox...

Whoa... clearly, our anti-cruelty laws need better enforcement.

Unfortunately, most animal cruelty laws in the US do not include "livestock". But, yes, the existing laws need better enforcement.
Yeah, unless the animals are practically dead it can be really hard to get the cops to do anything. Sadly most of the laws are more focused on the people than the animals.

Speaking of drama getting a death certificate takes so long... Worst government department to deal with is Services Australia and Centrelink. Both places are absolutely shithouse to deal with

Yeah this last week has been full of ups and downs. She passed on the 28th around 930 - 10am. Just has felt very unreal.
It’s going to feel that way for a while. I’m not sure how your family celebrates the holidays, but I would say do what feels right. My mom died under a month before Mother’s Day. I told my dad that I needed to hide on that day. I would deliver presents the day before, but I would not go out on Mother’s Day. It hurt too much.
Judge for yourself what you need, and give yourself permission to hurt.

It’s going to feel that way for a while. I’m not sure how your family celebrates the holidays, but I would say do what feels right. My mom died under a month before Mother’s Day. I told my dad that I needed to hide on that day. I would deliver presents the day before, but I would not go out on Mother’s Day. It hurt too much.
Judge for yourself what you need, and give yourself permission to hurt.

Thank you @Peach Wookiee

Oh I know. Just over here today is Tuesday so it's exactly 1 week now and part of my mind thinks she'll be coming home from hospital soon even though I know that's not the case. I felt similar when dad passed many years ago..

Just randomly went outside to check the mailbox and it's only a 26 degree Celsius day but it actually feels hotter, and lately the weather feels a lot warmer now than its ever done in the past for the same kind of temperatures.

Last edited:
In a nearby city, they tore a waterfront house down and replaced it with a mansion. For eight figures it's yours. It's a great house with a great view. However, it's right smack in between two condo complexes. So if you have your curtains open, there's the possibility for hundreds of people looking right into your home. They can even look in at your waterfront-facing windows because the condo buildings extend far out over the water. Who would want that?

If you can afford eight figures for a mansion, you can probably also afford one-way glass or one-way window film for your windows?

Yesterday night was 1 week to the day mum passed and I had a very restless sleep.
Woke up around 245 and had a warm glass of milk which is helpful to go back to sleep.

Also changed my avatar because I like Zelda Spellman

Was planning on going to see Dream Scenario tomorrow before work, but USPS Informed Delivery is telling me I have four packages coming (two which have been sitting at the post office for days after UPS passed them off), so I canceled the movie to wait for the mail. Will go to the movie Thursday.

Back