Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

I watched a few minutes of that video. So bad. Those few minutes are lost.

And the Ark - I won't say what I think. Thankfully I'll never go to that thing. Even if there was here in Victoria.

Those recaps are great because you then do not have to watch the actual movie. But I find it hilarious that is considered a Christian movie

Sadly, you're right.

And I say this AS a Christian. :lol:

I also don't like the "He Gets Us" ads that are everywhere these days. They're turning Jesus into a marketing gimmick, and I am NOT down with that.

I have honestly not seen one of those ads though, who and what are they targeting?

Sadly, you're right.

And I say this AS a Christian. :lol:

I also don't like the "He Gets Us" ads that are everywhere these days. They're turning Jesus into a marketing gimmick, and I am NOT down with that.

Amen, Brother!
They are here, too…not lovin’ it!

James Frain's performance as Sarek is not to be overlooked either. I hope SNW finds a way for him to turn up.

I do like this one line Amanda had in her last SNW appearance, something about "it's not easy for a human who loves a Vulcan". Clearly implying that even with all of the dysfunction between Sarek and Spock, Amanda still loves Sarek in spite of it all. I thought that was a nice touch.

Last edited:
James Frain's performance as Sarek is not to be overlooked either. I hope SNW finds a way for him to turn up.

I do like this one line Amanda had in her last SNW appearance, something about "it's not easy for a human who loves a Vulcan". Clearly implying that even with all of the dysfunction between Sarek and Spock, Amanda still loves Sarek in spite of it all. I thought that was a nice touch.

There are plenty of opportunities for Sarek to appear more in SNW and James Frain did a bang up job of portraying him

You know... I really wonder where this nefarious myth that white people don't use wash cloths comes from, or that at least some significant cultural portion doesn't. I think it might be that some of us use them differently, because it's a set... A bath towel, to towel off after a bath, a hand towel to towel off hands at the sink, & a face towel.

I only use that littlest towel on my face, which leaves people to imagine the rest of your body you're using the same bar of soap. What's not being understood is that a lot of people have multiple types of soap around. I personally have 5 types, which only get used by me

I keep liquid soap on the sink for hand washing. I keep body wash in the bath to lather up all over & maybe brush scrub some. I have shampoo for my hair. I have a body bar, specifically for the private underwear areas, which only gets used for that & rinsed off afterward, & I keep a little dish of specialty facial soaps, that because I don't actually put the soap in my eyes, I must also have a face towel to specifically accompany that part.

That seems to me a fairly hygienic practice. Using a cloth for ALL your areas seems less so to me

Back