Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sibyl, Jun 16, 2017.

1. CarnelianClout

CarnelianClout Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Finishing up a book I am reading, the end shall be one like no other.

2. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

GalaxyCon in Raleigh, NC sounds really good this year with lots of celebrities. Trying to get my son to go with me in July. Fat chance...

Commander Troi and TribbleFeeder like this.
  3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A local convention I was involved with for several years as a design/support person, one I've attended almost every year since it's started is relaunching in-person events this October. Between finances, personal/family stresses and the Pandemic and my understanding of it...I'm not feeling comfortable about signing up to attend. I'm on friendly terms with several of the organizing team, I hope it succeeds in its goals...and I feel like I have to stay away this year.

Not their fault.

Commander Troi likes this.
  4. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Based on the modelling we've been hearing about for this fall, your decision strikes me as eminently reasonable.

5. Mrs. Silvercrest

Mrs. Silvercrest Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I did not know that, l have had a couple of people tell me they had awful tastes very gross and it lasted for like a month, but then they went back to normal. So sorry to hear that! It really is a bummer. I know there are worst things, but yeah...

6. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I looked in the mirror while starting to put on makeup this morning and noticed the white of my eye looked like it was bleeding. Got in to my eye doctor this afternoon and he said it was caused by some eyelashes growing toward (and rubbing against) my eye. He yanked them out and gave me a couple of different eye drops and we'll see how it goes.

7. Mrs. Silvercrest

Someone unexpected hugged me today. They never had before. It is a relation of mine. And I never knew how much I had really needed that hug from this person. They are not a hugger at all. So this was super special to me. I will never forget it. And I felt so loved and wonderful after that. Yeah, what a difference a simple thing like that can make!

When I was growing up hugging was not something my family did. And of course like in school it was not allowed and so on. A pretty untouchable world it was

. And now of course Covid didn't help matters with being able to hug someone. I feel that the poor simple hug has really had a hard time of it. And what a wonderful thing it is. It can really make a persons day better even if the day is nothing great or even a good day.

A hug just helps you thru it. Because I grew up without hugs I know how important they are and can be. I still recall seeing the bumper stickers when I was growing "Have You Hugged Your Kid Today?". Don't see them so much anymore. But again it was because it was just like you can hug a baby or little kid but teens and older kids didn't get them as much. It is sad that a few people who "did bad touches, in the world" and as a kid and teen all us school kids were taught not to have anyone hug us that we didn't know.

I am not saying now I go and hug people I don't know but I do try and hug people that I love and care about because sometimes there just are not the right words to tell them how I feel or if they are sad what to say, so a HUG says so much without a word. It is an amazing thing. I just wanted to post this because I just had to tell someone how I am feeling right now. All because of a hug.
    So Cheers to the hug!

8. itsmeelysemarie

itsmeelysemarie Ensign Newbie

Why is she so pretty?

9. oberth

oberth Commodore Commodore

who?

10. itsmeelysemarie

T'Pring on SNW.

11. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

If two men and a boy living together is "Two and a half men", would two men and two boys be "three men"? Also, when the boy hits adolescence, should he be upgraded to three-quarters of a man?

12. oberth

oberth Commodore Commodore

are the living in the south?

13. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Didn't watch the series, so I don't know where they were.

14. Mrs. Silvercrest

Being in a hospital waiting room from 10pm unitl 2am last night, felt like two very long days! My husband had a wipeout on his bike and needed to be fixed up. Got to bed at 3am...

15. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Hope he's all right. :(

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is credit score a sham? Mine went down one tier because I spent a lot more this month, yet I'm still well below the 30% usage they claim is bad, and I'll pay it all off all at once like I always do.

17. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We live in a world where an actor named Guy (Pierce) was in an Iron Man movie, & an actress named Gal (Gadot) was in a Wonder Woman movie. So that happened

18. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

It's weird. Mine dropped 16 points for some reason, then flopped back.

19. itsmeelysemarie

Too tired to be awake yet too awake to sleep.

auntiehill, Gary Mitchell and Oddish like this.
  20. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

^ I know the feeling.