Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sibyl, Jun 16, 2017.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why do so many members on this board hate Discovery yet continue to watch every episode and spend more time discussing it than they did watching it?

JirinPanthosa, auntiehill and KimMH like this.
  3. oberth

oberth Commodore Commodore

trek addiction + discophobia + verbal diarrhea = burnham's syndrome (there ain't no known cure for it)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Gingerbread Demon and auntiehill like this.
  4. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I like cheese.
    I also like Michael Burnham, she's a foxy lady.

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Cause they love to hate it.

Worf factor9 likes this.
  6. Worf factor9

Worf factor9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I seem to have heard...that before.

7. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

December is here, so it's time for a new avatar from my Winona Ryder Avatar Calendar of 2020. After considering several season-appropriate options, I decided with this one:
    [​IMG]
    But also because of how many options I had, I've decided to do another Winona Avatar Calendar for 2021.

8. Gingerbread Demon

9. Worf factor9

[SIZE=6] Photographer confirms humans removed mysterious Utah monolith [/SIZE]
    • Four men destroyed metal pillar, saying: ‘Leave no trace’
    • Monolith had sparked intense interest and wild theories
    Thrill-seekers agreed, and within days visitors found it, just east of the Canyonlands national park. Amid mounting international attention, a copycat monolith was reported in the hills of Romania.

The object’s origins remain unknown. A spokesperson for gallerist David Zwirner told the Guardian it was not a work by the late artist John McCracken. The spokesperson later told the New York Times it could be by McCracken, but confusion remains.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/dec/01/utah-monolith-removed-by-humans

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Some one put a shiny piece of metal in a national park and then took it away again. Who the fuck cares?

Worf factor9 likes this.
  11. K‘Mpec

K‘Mpec Ensign Red Shirt

That’s a form of art I guess. The perception of the whole topic in the internet is most definitely the point they wanted to prove...

12. Worf factor9

13. JirinPanthosa

Because it plays into the memes about all the apocalyptically bad things happening in 2020 with the 2001: A Space Odyssey reference.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  14. Gingerbread Demon

I thought it was super fun what they did. Still the one in Utah couldn't have been cheap to make, so someone had money and lots of free time.

Worf factor9 likes this.
  15. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I dunno, who doesn't like a good mystery, right? It's certainly better than anything else 2020 has thrown at us so far! ;)

KimMH, Gary Mitchell and Worf factor9 like this.
  16. JirinPanthosa

It's either performance art, or some billionaire is dropping hints for a complex riddle for the world to obsess over solving.

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm sorry if this is inappropriate, but I'm not very clear on exactly what some of the terms used for members of the LGBTQ+ community actually mean, and was hoping I could get some clarification. Just to be clear, I have absolutely no problem with any of the members of the community, I just want to make sure I understand the terms, so I can be sure I am using them correctly, and don't make an ass of myself in the future.
    If a person is non-binary, does that they are physically not male or female, or that they are one or the other physically, but don't consider themselves either?
    And are people who haven't transition from one sex to the other still transgender, or is that just people who have transitioned? The Eliot Page new is what brought this up for me. I wasn't sure if being transgender meant he had fully transitioned, or if it just meant he considered himself male now.

18. JirinPanthosa

Gender non binary doesn't say anything about your biological sex, it means you don't fully identify with one gender or the other. (My sibling is gender non binary).

19. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I am on an inclusion committee at work. My understanding is that transgender just means that your internal sense of gender identity does not match your gender assigned at birth. You can be transgender whether or not you have transitioned.

Not trying to speak for anyone else, of course. If this definition is not accurate, please feel free to correct.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks guys.