Random Thoughts...or...What's on Your Mind?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sibyl, Jun 16, 2017.

1. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

That reminds me: When I was growing up, we used my dad's old Army duffel bag to collect the weekly dirty laundry. The bag had "BOYT 45" stenciled on it. I always wondered what "BOYT" stood for -- I figured it was some military acronym. Turns out it's actually a name. The Boyt Harness Company has been making leather and canvas goods since 1901, and they're still in business today.

Worf factor9 likes this.
  2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

It could have done double duty though. Perhaps "Bag Of Your Things"? :)

Velocity, scotpens and T'Lera like this.
  3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Today I watched a driver force her way into the slower, busier lane of a downtown street... and then get pissed that the car in front of her wasn't going fast enough. She honked at the driver and also threw her arms up in frustration. Not sure what she was thinking. You can't go faster than the car in front of you.

4. T'Lera

T'Lera Cadet Newbie

I've had this discussion with Fiance a lot: "Why don't you keep in touch with people you knew in high school?" Well, a lot of them made me miserable back then, so no, thanks. And the ones that didn't... Some of them have become people I don't even recognize. So again, no thanks. Gotta get that poison out of your head. Stay strong and don't engage any further.

Velocity, think, Sibyl and 3 others like this.
  5. T'Lera

T'Lera Cadet Newbie

Rewatching TOS right now (to educate a poor, benighted Star Wars-only fan). Yeah, there's some cringing, but I keep reminding myself that at the time, they were actually breaking a lot of barriers and rules and whatnot. So, I try to forgive the skirts!

Worf factor9, think, Sibyl and 2 others like this.
  6. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Totally OT, but just wanted to say nice choice of username! Strangers From the Sky is one of my favourites of the older generation of novels.

Oh, wait, it's the Random Thoughts thread, so I guess it's not really OT after all! :D

think, Sibyl and KimMH like this.
  7. think

think About it! Premium Member

So far ahead of the time,.. they can’t exactly do it as well now,.. either climate change is coming or something about the trump in the future not sitting right,..

I watched a few from the 3rd season just recently... I am also now in the third season of tng episode about 20 or so going one by one.. skipped a few from the first season as I was getting those videos in the mail in the 90’s part of a once a month next video vhs in the mail those were over played on my tv but going one at a time is either bringing back memories or I just never saw some episodes,.. like the one Tasha Yar Is brought back from a different time line,.. I had never seen,.. I saw when she was part of the Romulan world or was that her daughter? Yeah it didn’t make sense where she came from till a few days ago,..

T’Lera welcome to trekbbs good to have you here ,,. We are kinda divided into categories and subcategories covering everything trek plus... all of this is great,..

KimMH and Sibyl like this.
  8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Dry skin during winter is kinda fun to scratch.

think and Velocity like this.
  9. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

According to the ancient Greek religion, most people after their deaths went to the same place, only a few were severely punished and that was for terrible things, like Tantalus, for example, he killed his son, cut him to pieces, cooked him and served him as part of a meal to the gods (that were his guests). See, he realized that he wouldn't have enough meat for the whole meal and that's what he came up with. Zeus put the boy back together again as the gods realized what it was they had on their plate, except for one that was distracted. Zeus replaced the missing part with something else (my memory is a little fuzzy about what it was). Anyway, Tantalus was condemned for this vile act to be hungry and thirsty for all eternity but you have to admit what he did was horrible. Now with the new religions, everyone gets the terrible punishments and for transgressions amounting to traffic violations!! I thought people were supposed to be less barbaric than our ancestors, not more...

10. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

I cought a cold. or rather the mean cold caught me. Which triggered the thought: in Germany, we sneeze "hatschi! [hah-chi]
    How do you sneeze in your respective countries/languages? :)

11. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Achoo? Sorry about the cold. I've had mine for two weeks and it still won't go away.

KimMH likes this.
  12. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

What's interesting is that cats, dogs and roosters, plus a slew of other critters don't say the same things in those countries. Could it be that there is an English dogese as well as a French and German one?:D

13. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Years ago, there was a famous newspaper headline in Illinois, "Oblong Man Marries Normal Woman". (Oblong and Normal being towns in Illinois). I used to live in Normal, Illinois before we moved to NC. Our NC pastor couldn't wait to repeat this silly thing to the congregation when introducing us, so maybe this really was famous outside Illinois.

Worf factor9 and KimMH like this.
  14. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

My brother lived and worked a while in Normal. We’d tease him about finally being well, you know-

15. Worf factor9

Worf factor9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was he Normal or Oblong? :biggrin:

KimMH likes this.
  16. rhubarbodendron

possibly :) our dogs bark wau [wow], cats say miau [miaow] - there we are on the same basis, and roosters cry kickeriki [kick err eeh key].
    Cows are rather similar: muh [moo] but sheep differ again: mäh [ma] (as in "man")

17. Worf factor9

Worf factor9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Baah. :D

think and rhubarbodendron like this.
  18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Marriage is equal parts "I can't live without you," and "For the love of GOD, why do you have to breathe so loudly?"

Sibyl, Velocity, KimMH and 2 others like this.
  19. rhubarbodendron

link :drool:

Worf factor9 and Gary Mitchell like this.
  20. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

O lort yes. Vacation made me wonder how we will ever survive retirement together. Visiting the in-laws in Florida. Had to kidnap MiL a couple times to be outside his orbit. :lol:

Sibyl, think and Worf factor9 like this.