Prince Henry's Wedding

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by UncleRogi, May 12, 2018.

1. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    He did not use parentheses, and I don't need an explanation of Queen Elizabeth II's mother's status, thank you.

As it stands, he will be unable to explain himself, so at this point there's no use in wondering what he was talking about.

2. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

The definition of unfamiliar does not include 'something that one dislikes'. Why not stick to the words I actually wrote and not what you think I wrote? A person unfamiliar with the style of black preaching does not mean they will automatically dislike it. Actually some folks liked it and some did not.

Since my reply was not meant for you and the person it was meant for did not take it in the nasty spirit you are projecting I'll assume you got out of bed on the wrong side or your telepathic skills are switched off....again.

Brefugee and 1001001 like this.
  3. J. L. Seagull

J. L. Seagull Ensign Newbie

Maybe because shes' dead?

4. Timewalker

The tone of your post came across as "You're unfamiliar with this style of preaching, so that's why you didn't like it."

Since about 99.9% of North American English-speakers know about the name pairings you listed, your post came off as condescending, an attitude that wasn't merited.

It's a public forum, and people have opinions about posts not directed to them. They comment on posts not directed to them, and even drop "likes" on posts not directed to them.

5. Nyotarules

Your perception is not based on the reality of what was posted, as shown by how you chose to translate what I wrote. Sometimes a written cigar is just a written cigar no more or less.

"Black preachers don't do five minutes, but you're not familiar with that aspect of the culture, atheist or not."
    Behold the innocent remark that got your knickers in a twist...smdh

I am not North American and seeing written insults where non existed seems to be your forte.

For someone looking for 'condescending attitudes' you produce it in spades yourself.

Brefugee likes this.
  6. Timewalker

Why would you assume I'm unfamiliar with "that aspect of the culture"? I never said I was unfamiliar with it, just that I didn't like his motormouth performance.

I don't need to look for them when they're staring everyone in the face. The Henry/Harry combination isn't as common these days, so it's not surprising to me that some people might not have heard of it.

You're focusing on the color of the preacher's skin. I'm focusing on how long he rambled on. Black preachers don't have the monopoly on pointless rambling in church. I once attended a New Year's Eve dance at a local church (my grandmother wanted to go, but not alone, so I went with her to keep her company).

There was supposed to be a brief sermon before midnight (like around 11:30 pm and we should have been back in the hall to ring in the New Year), but the preaching went on and on and on to the point that he was still yapping away well after midnight.

While you're busy "sydh", I'm done with this conversation.

7. Nyotarules

No you just decide to make shit up and get insulted rather than ask for clarification.
    Feel free to ignore me, might be good for your blood pressure

Brefugee likes this.
  8. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

9. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh that was so irreverent and funny!

10. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I'm sorry that I'm late to this thread. Just wanted to give a friendly reminder to all thread participants who may still be reading this, to please stick to the topic of the thread, and avoid getting personal with other posters. Thank you.

11. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Do you think Meghan is already pregnant? The couple indicated to produce additional royal offspring.

12. Nyotarules

Because of her age if she does want children time is not on her side biologically, they can afford IVF but there is no guarantee it will work. I hope they do not have problems producing babies cos I want it to look like its maternal granny lol

Markonian likes this.
  13. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

They could always adopt but I guess some parts of the British populace would turn red with rage. lol

14. Nyotarules

Believe! Its bad enough the rumours going around as fact about Harry's paternal genetic heritage, people act as if they were actually there at the time of conception...

15. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

16. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Was that done by the person who fixed that religious painting?
    [​IMG]

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since there is basically no chance that Harry ever becomes king, I doubt that he and Meghan would be under any real pressure to have kids. It’ll happen when/if they feel like it. :shrug:

18. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Queen ordered Meghan to sighn a marriage contract. In case there is a divorce, the children have to remain in the custody of the House of Windsor.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really?

20. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Prince Harry didn't want a contract. But he is outranked by the Queen....:D