• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

News "Pretty Maids All in a Row" Comes to Blu-ray June 30

And Pollini's novel was hardcore porn, so they toned it down quite a bit for the movie.
When SNW did the holodeck episode (sorry, blanking on the name at the moment, haven't had any coffee yet...), when Anson Mount's Roddenberry analogue was talking about making movies, I wondered which late-60s trashy porn novel he (the character) intended to adapt. :)

I read recently that Herb Solow gave Roddenberry the job as a favor, which I guess explains why it's such an outlier in Roddenberry's body of work.
It is really an outlier? Roddenberry's unproduced Tarzan script was sexed up, as was his "God-Thing" script. Sometimes I think Roddenberry really wanted to write porn.
 
It is really an outlier? Roddenberry's unproduced Tarzan script was sexed up, as was his "God-Thing" script. Sometimes I think Roddenberry really wanted to write porn.

I meant it's an outlier because it's his only post-Trek credit that isn't science fiction*, and of his few non-SF producing credits, it's the only feature film and the only comedy. Also, aside from the pilot The Long Hunt of April Savage, it's Roddenberry's only producer credit on something he didn't create. Basically the sexual preoccupation is the only thing about it that isn't an outlier for him.

*Roddenberry did get a story credit for a 1971 episode of the Western Alias Smith and Jones, but it was basically a remake of a 1962 episode of The Virginian.
 
I meant it's an outlier because it's his only post-Trek credit that isn't science fiction*, and of his few non-SF producing credits, it's the only feature film and the only comedy. Also, aside from the pilot The Long Hunt of April Savage, it's Roddenberry's only producer credit on something he didn't create. Basically the sexual preoccupation is the only thing about it that isn't an outlier for him.
Gotcha, that makes sense. I wasn't thinking in those terms.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top