Post Your Dreams Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Johnny7oak, Jul 19, 2016.

1. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I found myself living in this giantic apartment converted from an old office building in a large city. A lot of family members I didn't really care for kept stopping by, but I was polite and didn't really get into old grievances with them, just ignored them as best I could. The rental association was complaining about apes in the building. I found there was a gorilla family in the building, a father mother and son. I invited them over for lunch and got to know them. i wish I could remember the conversation but it seemed like me and Mr Gorilla got along really well, though I was worried that he might break something. We admitted we both hated the rental association. My sister's forearms grew to great lengths. Not sure why.

publiusr, Gryffindorian and Velocity like this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was walking past a big fenced in area, with a narrow path just wide enough to walk through between it and another fenced in area on the other side. As I was walking along the fence toward the path, I noticed a couple of young brunette women in white dress walking around in there, and when I walked past a tree and came out from behind it, they had turned into horses that were the same color as their hair. As I turned down the path they came up to the fence, at the same time as a pair of grey horses with black manes walked up to the other fence. That was when I woke up.

3. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I dreamed that I was in a meeting with 2 older men. We gathered around one of the guys' big old desk and there were some rocks on that desk that I handed around to use as coasters for our drinks. Then I woke up before the meeting really got underway, thank goodness, because not participating in meetings is one the perks of being retired.

Captain pl1ngpl0ng likes this.
  4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've already forgotten most of the dream, but I either had a superpower or a superweapon that I'd use on people. Basically I was the villain, no matter how the dream tried to frame me (you are the hero of your own story, after all). But then the dream suddenly took a narrative turn to completely justify my actions because we were all stuck inside a Matrix-like simulation and mastermind behind it was traveling from body to body and that's who I've been attacking.

publiusr, Gryffindorian and Velocity like this.
  5. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon Stealer of all the cookies in time and space Premium Member

I visited the food planet, a world where food grows on trees and no I wasn't high.

it had regular rivers, ponds, and lakes, regular plants and flora, and fauna but it had more.

It's also got rivers of garlic butter, and pizza everywhere on demand, it just grows on trees

It's got hills where hamburgers grow wild like vegetables and trees with fruit of ice cream of every flavor

It's also got regular fruit and regular veggies on other parts of the planet on other land masses, so you need a boat or such to visit them.

It was a weird dream

Velocity and Gryffindorian like this.
  6. Aragorn

Last night I had a dream that I attended Phantom of the Opera. For whatever reason, I was under the impression that it wasn't Broadway, yet it was a large crowd in formal attire. And when it came time for the big musical numbers, they couldn't do it. Something was causing them to stall and we just sat there in the dark in silence. It's possible I had woken up in the middle of the night and the dead silence had bled into my dream and altered it.

Velocity likes this.
  7. Foxhot

Foxhot Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All I can really say is that it was BBS in nature, and I went Kirk on a Finnegan. Dreams are more satisfying than reality.:cool:

8. Velocity

^ Yes, and crazier.
    I dreamed that I was car shopping and there was this big area with roped off parking places with signs that named the prices. I was looking at a big red truck that was priced at $2500 (which is crazy because it looked like a shiny new truck). I guess I bought it because I drove it "home". It was actually the house where I grew up. I pulled in the drive, saw my red SUV, and said to myself, "I don't want a truck! I'm not a truck person". At that time my husband drove in with a new black truck. Now, HE was a truck guy. Then I woke up.

9. Gingerbread Demon

That is wild

10. Aragorn

Just had a dream that made no logical sense but all dreams make sense while you're having them. Someone I knew but not in real life sent me a TikTok but it turned out to be an .exe file and he hacked and took control of my landline phone which has no ability to download anything or be taken over remotely. And he used my number to order take out at a restaurant which I watched from my phone screen that's extremely basic and has none of these functions or visuals. And somehow his hacking also meant the phone was still active even after I unplugged it.

Velocity likes this.
  11. Foxhot

Foxhot Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What color was the landline?

12. Gingerbread Demon

Ugh!!!!! Almost birthday time. Annual birthday depression is setting in.

OK I had a dream where on my B-day I got a phone call and it was this woman with a beautiful voice and she asked if I'd like to go to a movie for my birthday and we did.

The end because I woke up just before I could find what I said on the phone in response.. Grrrrr

Also I assumed we did go out but didn't find that out either double Grrrrrrrr

Velocity likes this.
  13. Velocity

I dreamed I was wandering around my old university, looking for my dorm. Why I had a hard time finding it, when it was 28 stories tall with prairie surrounding it, I don't know. Just dream logic. I went into one building and saw one of my old bosses in a clinch with someone who wasn't his wife. I beat a hasty retreat and then woke up.

Gryffindorian likes this.
  14. Gingerbread Demon

That's in interesting one. I wonder if that might have happened and it was something someone told you about in the past only now you dreamed about it.

15. Velocity

Well, actually, his wife was cheating on him and everyone knew it.

16. Gingerbread Demon

Oh ok. Fair enough.

My dreams are getting weirder last night sliding down a hill in a river of M&Ms.... grabbing handfuls of them and stuffing my pockets

Velocity likes this.