Post Your Dreams Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Johnny7oak, Jul 19, 2016.

1. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

A television dream…with Kolchak: The Night Stalker emerging from his TARDIS…of course….

Velocity likes this.
  2. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon Stealer of all the cookies in time and space Premium Member

That would be an interesting cross over

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    Velocity likes this.
  3. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

First dream last night was about being in a zombie invasion. My husband and I were lugging around suitcases and found refuge in some ratty old house. He sent some old guy out to get something or other and we started to take things out of our suitcases to lighten the load. I took out books and magazines and he took out extra clothes.
    Second dream, I was in our house back in Illinois and was trying to get ready to go out to dinner with prospective new relatives but I couldn't find the things I needed in my suitcase (from the earlier dream?) They got tired of waiting on me and I got more and more anxious.

4. Gingerbread Demon

I dreamed I could transport myself anywhere at the blink of an eye and landed in a chocolate factory... I had a cup and I filled that cup with the melted chocolate and kept doing that several times and then went back home feeling satisfied

5. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I dreamt that I was in a car with some Star Trek actors, driving around San Francisco.

Kor

publiusr and Velocity like this.
  6. Birb-of-Prey

Birb-of-Prey Commander Red Shirt

Pushing what appeared to be an empty white boxcar down the hallway of my childhood home.

Velocity and publiusr like this.
  7. Velocity

I dreamed that I was back at college and I was looking for my dorm room. The number of the room was 714 and I was looking up and down the halls but I couldn't find it. And the elevators didn't work either.

8. Gingerbread Demon

I dreampt that I was on a beach just relaxing in the evening with a setting sun, only there was another two above it so sunset happened three times

9. Velocity

I was wandering around a garden center with my little granddaughter. Then, suddenly I was in a type of souvenir store with my husband, and he picked out a green tee shirt with a big state of Illinois embossed on it. Realllly ugly.

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just had a strange dream where my grandmother died and we brought her back to life using some sort of experimental science with a long Russian name. And no one treated it like it was a big deal.

Velocity likes this.
  11. Velocity

I dreamed I was working for a corporation & the boss said they were hiring a new young guy because he had medical terminology knowledge. I blew up because I have that knowledge because I worked in hospital pharmacies for several years. He should have promoted ME! He said my job was "peseta". And he threw out other nonsense words and showed me where my job would be. It looked like a cafe with several tables. Thankfully I woke up at that point.

publiusr and Gryffindorian like this.
  12. Captain pl1ngpl0ng

Captain pl1ngpl0ng Commodore Commodore

"if you die in your dream you die in real life"
    I just heard that as a random sentence in some Joe Rogan podcast
    and it got me thinking of a dream i once had... i dont know..10 years ago...

I was chased by zombies of all things, i never dream of zombies
    i ran and ran and i got up on some huge rooftops pretty high up, lets say 7 stories high.
    But the zombies kept coming and cornered me up there.
    I remembered that i wasnt like overly afraid, but i calmly said to my self something like
    "well so i have to jump and kill myself then.."

so i jumped, fall to my death, smashed violently into the ground,
    and then i immediately spawned back to where i started running the first time.
    The zombies attacked me, i started running again, up on the rooftops.... got cornered
    and jumped to my death again.....

i dont remember how many times i did this but it was quite a few times.
    I have never been in a loop like that before, or since.... strange stuff.

anyway i didn't die in real life, so thats a myth busted.

XCV330, Velocity and shapeshifter like this.
  13. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for busting it. I always, so far, awaken before I die but maybe now I can experiment with going all the way. Come on Death, let's boogie. lol

Velocity and Captain pl1ngpl0ng like this.
  14. Captain pl1ngpl0ng

15. Velocity

I was in the cafe that only exists in my dream world. (I visit it often) I went to bed in an attached room and saw an alligator walking around but wasn't concerned until the gator climbed into my bed. I hopped out and went into the next room where my husband was sleeping in a chair. I told him about the alligator and since he wasn't really concerned, I woke up.

16. Captain pl1ngpl0ng

isnt that strange?.... i also have almost like a city with different areas that i sometimes visit.
    there is a place there with a shop where go and buy cigarettes....
    it feels like a very real place but its only in my dreams.

shapeshifter and Malicia like this.
  17. Malicia

Malicia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had an idea for a book. A family of husband, wife and children that have a normal routine by day but at night when they all go to bed they meet in their dreams. I’ve not got any further than that. It could be horror/suspense or supernatural or comedic action adventure. Each night they are drawn in to a situation they have to resolve before they can wake up and then have no recollection of it. I wish I had the patience to write I would give it a poltergeist twist.

18. Captain pl1ngpl0ng

i really like this...

Velocity and Malicia like this.
  19. Velocity

Me too! Sounds like something I'd love to read.

Captain pl1ngpl0ng and Malicia like this.
  20. Gingerbread Demon

Me three...... I think that's where the music I hear comes from sometimes, only in my dream it's a bunch of smallish places inside a much larger place, not a mall because there is a jazz club there too but it's got a few small shops and places to buy food.

Velocity and publiusr like this.