Post Your Dreams Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Johnny7oak, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Somehow I was back in the '70s when Star Wars came out, and the people that I was with didn't understand the force, so I showed them what it was by using force suggestion on one of them. So apparently I have the force.

publiusr and Velocity like this.
  2. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I dreamed that I took my husband to the hospital and they found that he had a heart problem. They put him in a bed (which he would have loved because he was a champion napper) and I sat by his bedside and chatted with him. Nice dream, it was great talking to him again.

3. Birb-of-Prey

Birb-of-Prey Commander Red Shirt

Weird dream in which I had to give some presentation in a college class which I had no prior knowledge of, so I decided to dress my best and birdiest and just....wing it.
    I don't know what the giant candy corns and Minion-esque goggles were supposed to be for though....or why the packaging of all this stuff was pink and girly.

Gryffindorian and Velocity like this.
  4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know how when you're in that half-awake, half-asleep stage and you sort of think you see some shape of a figure that's not very clear but in reality there's nothing there? I just had that moment... but it was in the dream. I dreamed I was half-awake, half-asleep and seeing things. :wtf:

Velocity likes this.
  5. Birb-of-Prey

Birb-of-Prey Commander Red Shirt

I was talking to some guy in a workshop of some kind, then I walked down to a nearby lake only to be charged by two grotesque humanoid monsters which ran out of it (one riding on the other one's shoulders). I narrowly dodged them, and they just ran off somewhere.
    Cut to the driveway outside my grandmother's farmhouse, where Spock (in TOS uniform) is instructing me in the use of the sword I'm now holding, which resembles an estoc.

Velocity and Gryffindorian like this.
  6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I’ll be quieter next time :)

Two dreams of note. One about cats chasing each other up trees… plain-Jane stuff.

The other was a strange horror travelogue where our monorail would come apart and us passengers torn apart by things…but wound back up on our rides. I got to where I could predict where the occurrences would occur and tried to steel myself for them.

Velocity likes this.
  7. Velocity

I dreamed last night that I was playing on a soccer team (although the actual play seemed more like rugby). My team had white shirts and the other team wore blue. My team had lost the first match and we started to play a second. I was determined to win this time, even though the soccer/rugby ball felt like a mylar balloon that was losing air. There was a big gaping hole in it, so I was able to grasp it easily and I told Sylvester Stallone on my left to run interference for me. I was able to stuff it in the goal after falling down in front of the goal. Not bad for an old lady.

8. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I had this dream. I was scrolling through some posts on a social media page. There was this AI filter that could convert your pictures into abstract paintings. Anyway, a bunch of jokers were converting photos of their junk into artwork.

Oh wait. That wasn't a dream? :shifty:

publiusr likes this.
  9. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I had an interesting dream of shopping for lego and the box was almost as big as me

10. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A dead relative called me up to tell me their death didn't happen, that it had all been a big mistake. We both were laughing so hard at the humor of the misunderstanding I woke up laughing. :lol:

XCV330 likes this.
  11. Gingerbread Demon

My redhead lover and me made love on a beach with a huge ringed planet in the sky

12. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Not as good as that… but had another work related dream, where I could lower my gravity and float about 20 feet off the warehouse…

Velocity and shapeshifter like this.
  13. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Last night I had a dream about a mixed group of people: former classmates from my elementary and high school years, and my current coworkers.

There was a sleepover at my old house, which is where I grew up in another country. The guests all slept in different rooms, and I remember there were about six or seven guys my age with whom I shared the same bed. While there was no funny business going on, my friend Rod placed his hand on my hip, and I placed my hand over his hand. It was a bit intimate, but nothing sexual.

My office crush was there too, although I didn't see him. But I figured he slept in my grandmother's old room.

The following morning, I was preparing to go to work (or maybe school). There was a question of whether these guests would be working from home or leaving. After all, if they were my guests, I shouldn't leave them behind, but I realized I couldn't stay home either. So I woke up feeling confused.

14. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I found a faerie near a tree. It was very small. for some reason I felt compelled to start telling it various incidents in my life, and it stopped me, dancing around in the foliage singing a song that I wish I could remember the tune from (it was really good). The words the faerie sang were "Your story stinks. It really really stinks." I was annoyed at the faerie for saying that and I woke up.

15. Velocity

Yeah, fairies are notorious for being critical little poops.

I dreamed that I was playing with kittens and decided to keep a black and white kitten. I named it "Bug" for some stupid dream reason.

XCV330 likes this.
  16. Gingerbread Demon

No real big dreams as such though I did dream I was on the Orville, the ship, not the show, and over the PA system that song from the end of the cellphone episode was playing on a loop.

The claireaudience has come back no jazz this time but what sounded like dinner music and people talking quietly

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    Velocity likes this.
  17. Gingerbread Demon

Yeah honestly I have to write a short story on that someday with the claireudience as a plot device. I mean I have the outline already done but I have to get on that one day and finish it.

Velocity likes this.
  18. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

A week ago, for the second time this year I got into a dream loop of realizing I was dreaming, waking up, but really still being dreaming, and then waking up again, but really still being dreaming, like 20 times before waking up for real.

Also, one dream I had last week. I was at my job, but my boss was Lori Breem from Silicon Valley. She was doing a performance review and she asked a leading question to trap me into saying things that looked bad on my performance review. After that I marinated on it for few minutes and yelled out "I F***ING QUIT!"

19. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

A television dream…with Kolchak: The Night Stalker emerging from his TARDIS…of course….

Velocity likes this.
  20. Gingerbread Demon

That would be an interesting cross over

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    Velocity likes this.