Post Your Dreams Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Johnny7oak, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Must have been Maureen Robinson or Judy. You dirty old man :D

2. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Were you on the Jupiter II?

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Had a crazy dream last night. I was in some Land of the Lost type jungle outside of regular time with a bunch of people from the late 1800s who stumbled across an old '90s or early '00s computer, and while I was showing them how it worked, I realized it was connected to the internet, and that meant there must haven been some kind portal back Earth if it was able to connect. I realize now that this doesn't make sense since it didn't have any cables for the internet or power cord for it to be on, but neither of the things occurred to meduring the dream.

Gryffindorian and Velocity like this.
  4. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure if it started out as a dream or an occurrence of sleep paralysis... I was laying there, and I could feel firm pressure on my chest, shoulder and neck, pinning me down. I felt scared, and I didn't know what was going on. Then I found myself in an unfamiliar location, and the physical pressure continued. But now I could see it was because actress Summer Glau had her hands on me. And, uh, I won't go into detail about the rest. :alienblush:

Kor

Gingerbread Demon and Velocity like this.
  5. Velocity

Dream logic isn't the same as reality logic. It's more fun.

nedski likes this.
  6. Gingerbread Demon

Could have been worse, could have been the aliens from Schisms

7. Kor

It suddenly wasn't scary anymore when I realized who it was.

Kor

8. Velocity

Those of you only wearing your underwear can sit in the back.

nedski and Avro Arrow like this.
  9. Admiral Archer

Admiral Archer Captain Captain

Had a dream a couple nights ago that I was watching the pilot episode for "Strange New Worlds" at my brother's house. It was weird though, because while I was expecting it to be about Captain Pike and Spock on the Enterprise, it was actually an anthology series, like Marvel's "What if...?" series, only with Star Trek characters. The pilot had something to do with Picard teaming up with Michael Burnham after time-travel hijinks of some sort. I remember my brother asking me why I had told him it would be about Pike and Spock when it was something else instead, and I just shrugged and said, "Guess I was wrong!" LOL

10. Gingerbread Demon

Seriously Picard and Michael Burnham, together? That's kind of awesome

publiusr likes this.
  11. Kor

I dreamed that I was in a giant auditorium in a dome-shaped building. The lights dimmed and a movie started playing. The building started to shake, and I thought it was the sound system. But then pieces of the ceiling started falling into the audience. Everything was shaking. I looked up at the really high ceiling, and it was moving a lot and breaking apart. The audience started to panic and rush to the exits. The building was collapsing around us as we ran to the doors. A few wooden beams fell down. As I got to one of the doors, I looked back and saw that the auditorium was a pile of rubble.

Kor

Velocity likes this.
  12. nedski

nedski Commander Red Shirt

I keep having this dream that I'm traveling somewhere and I can't get to shelter or to some close city till the night is coming. Then this ugly fearsome witch is following me through the night and through the fog.
    I'm running, never manage to escape, and she throws on me some sort of a dust and I can't move anymore. I remain powerless.
    Thing is she is weaker (physically) than me, but because I'm inert she can do whatever she wants with me.
    I'm so scared of her because she is ugly and it seems she is infected with some plague. Some yellow puss is covering her forehead and also coming out of her nose.
    I have this fear she might infect me. That's why I'm trying to close my eyes and mouth not to get infected.
    I can't cover my ears though, because I'm powerless and I hear these whispers all around me and I'm kinda sh.....ng my pants of fear.
    Finally she takes me to an edge and throws me into this abyss and I keep falling like 5 minutes or so..... I can also hear her that she is flying on her broom after me until she knows for certain I died.
    Somehow after 3 minutes of falling I kinda realize that it is a dream and I become more relaxed.
    Eventually I wake up.
    Had this dream 3 nights in a row. Anyone knows what can this mean ?
    [​IMG]

13. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

The witch is the Delta variant, and you’re subconsciously afraid of contracting COVID?

Actually, that’s probably a much too literal reading, dream interpretation seems in general to be much more figurative.

Maybe you’ve just watched too many scary movies lately... ;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    publiusr, Gryffindorian and nedski like this.
  14. nedski

nedski Commander Red Shirt

That's a good one :) I'm not afraid of the Delta, so far I managed not to get infected, but I also foresee that soon we will see the Epsilon and the Zeta variant. I'll just eat healthy, wash hands, drink coffee and red wine and I'm more than certain this "plague" will bypass me ...

You might be right though.... a couple of weeks ago I've seen The Witches of Eastwick with Jack Nicholson playing Daryl Van Horne.... and I didn't like how he ended up....
    I guess I'll just leave my lights on when I go to sleep :biggrin:

Avro Arrow likes this.
  15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Had a dream last night that I was back in school and taking a test for a book I didn't read, which was stressing me out. Strange part was I had woken up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, and upon falling asleep I returned to the test. But I think because I had already been awake once, part of me knew it was a dream so I blew the test off and then woke up again for the morning.

16. Velocity

Take THAT! dream stress. Were you in your underwear during the test?

17. Aragorn

No.

18. Gingerbread Demon

I had a nightmare...... I never usually get those
    I was back in high school and my crush decided to fuck me so we fucked a lot, the next day she slapped my face and then a little while later I find out she's an alien and I am preggers

Velocity likes this.
  19. Aragorn

Had an dream where I was competing in a "guess the song" contest against some other guy, which included a Celine Dion cover of Duran Duran's "Come Undone" which doesn't exist, and me incorrectly saying "Hands to Heaven" by Breathe was by Loverboy and being told that's correct. It was also a very tiring dream with all that trivia.

Velocity and Gryffindorian like this.
  20. Kor

I had a dream that they were filming a new Star Trek movie (at last). It was kind of a mashup between the Kelvin stuff and the CBS series. I think it had Anson Mount as Captain Pike. So I was with a small tour group that got to visit the set and watch them filming a scene. It was outdoors in the desert, and they were on a soundstage... that looked like a desert. Come to think of it, they weren't exactly doing a scene from the movie, but more of a little performance to cater to the tour group. I was kind of excited that there would be a new Star Trek movie. But then I woke up.

Kor

publiusr and Gryffindorian like this.