Post Your Dreams Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Johnny7oak, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I dreamed that I was doing some exploring in a national park or something, with some friend I don't know in real life. It was continuously raining, but not too heavily. There was some kind of narrow paved path over a ravine, with metal safety rails, and the path led to some stairs going downward. I don't remember much else.

Kor

publiusr and Gryffindorian like this.
  2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Who knows where you were…

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just had this dream where the new Top Gun turned out to be a surprise Mission: Impossible sequel. Apparently Ethan Hunt knows how to fly fighter jets, because why not? He went undercover to take on a smuggling ring led by Ben Foster, but something happened along the way and Ethan was willing to take the money and run, only Michelle Monaghan didn't show up to run away with him, so he completed the mission instead. At the end, he asked Kittridge what's next, and Kittridge asked him if he knew how to play pool.

Kor, publiusr and Velocity like this.
  4. Kor

I had a dream that I was having some business meeting with an old manager who I hadn't seen in a long time. I was getting some advice because I was about to get a big promotion or something. The office was kind of old-school, with lots of beige metal filing cabinets, and unattractive brownish carpet. Then I was at some kind of party or something in the evening, in somebody's big, fancy house. The lights were dim, and dance music was playing. People were kind of milling around in small groups. I wasn't sure who I should try to talk to. Then a very attractive blonde lady came up to me with a loving smile on her face. And... uh, I'll just leave it at that. :alienblush:

Kor

Gryffindorian and Velocity like this.
  5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Lucky!

Another of my work dreams…interminable paperwork…

Velocity likes this.
  6. Aragorn

Last night I had a dream that somehow all my knowledge went back in time into my younger self. Some guy in a position of power was harassing my grandfather, so I name-dropped his mistress. A government agent that looked like Bellamy Young was the only person who believed me so I helped her prevent bad things from happening. Also, I asked a bunch of die hard Trump supporters if they'd ever vote for him for President, and they laughed at me and said they'd never support that godless crook in a million years.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

A couple nights ago, I dreamed that I had somehow run into the rock band Halestorm, and brought them back to my housem where I live with my mom. They invited me to go out with them that night, but I don't go out or party, so I was torn. I debating for a while before I decided to go out with them, but I only got as far as telling my mom I was going out with them before I woke up.

8. Aragorn

Ever have a dream frustrate you and when you woke up you were exhausted? I've had flying dreams where I couldn't fly and spent the whole time failing to fly. I once had a Star Trek dream where I couldn't be beamed up.

publiusr, Velocity and Gryffindorian like this.
  9. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

OH wow my redhead and me were in another dream and we were looking at this wall and some art on the wall, then we walked outside to a park and this small shack / thing and the door was unlocked, when we opened the door we were in ancient Egypt on a barge going down the Nile.... Then I woke up

Velocity likes this.
  10. sevenstars

sevenstars Captain Captain

Right before I woke up I dreamed that overnight they tore down three houses behind us and put in an Urban Farm. Organic.

11. Kor

I had a weird dream where I was at a beach and I jumped into the water and swam out to a small island that had a resort area. When I got there, I walked up a huge hill with a sandy walkway. When I got to the top, the path was dug into the hill so that there were walls of dirt on either side, and on those walls of dirt there were shelves cut out, filled with vintage paperback books. I started taking books, but there were too many that I liked to be able to carry in my arms without a bag or something.

Kor

Velocity and Gryffindorian like this.
  12. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I dreamed that I had a job interview and had to cross a drawbridge to get home to change into my interview clothes. The drawbridge began to fall apart and all that was left was the bridge part without the mechanism to move it, plus the side rails fell off too, making crossing over it very dangerous. Somehow I got home but couldn't find the clothes I wanted to wear and settled for an inappropriate top and jeans. (this area is rife with bridges and drawbridges but the rest of it makes little sense. I really don't want a job.)

Westie1701 likes this.
  13. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I watched a fish in an aquarium swim past. when its gills opened as it passed i saw a smaller version of the same fish inside it. that is all i recall

Velocity likes this.
  14. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The worst dream-within-a-dream that I relate to you on Halloween was when I “woke up” to find myself in the bed of my childhood home.

I thought I died, and was in heaven. I was a child again and ran to my parents bedroom, only to see two, too-thin figures under a sheet. I tried to wake them…only for them to start vibrating with the bed sinking into the floor.

A more recent dream was of my Dad with some floor buffing machine that looked to have been made from the era of MAD MAX: FURY ROAD and it was getting away from him on a concrete road.

Westie1701 and Velocity like this.
  15. Velocity

I was sitting at a desk yakking with people and realized I'd been sitting there for awhile and hadn't turned on my work computer yet. So I turned it on, but the application I wanted wasn't working so after dinking with it a bit with no luck, I turned around to see who could help me and I saw an old high school boyfriend of mine. I figured he was probably useless and turned around to try again and then I woke up.

Westie1701 likes this.
  16. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I finally had the first space battle dream in years. Imagine a cross between TOS and NuBattlestar Galactica, but plated like the GR-75 Gallofree on the front top, with blue TTA markings.

The arms were weapons pods and the fighter bays were in the flanks…in between the pylons…and the interior of the miles long supership was a hollow marshalling yard. It hovered over 1980s Earth and various franchises took shots at it. Word was in command of a now mobile DS9 with the ring segments lower/ventral section covered in glowing rings like the Millennium Falcon’s hyperdrive strip…apologizing to Picard on a low body count because “I’m not the same legend I used to be.”

Thousands of federation fighters swarmed the inside…and the plated nose of the craft had as many pinpoint blossoming explosions with the hull dissolving like Enterprise’s saucer from ST III combined with the ID4 destroyer blasts.

Westie1701 and Velocity like this.
  17. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I want to see another relationship as epic as the one between G'Kar and Londo Mollari on tv.

18. Velocity

I dreamed I was in another competition, this time we were making jewelry. I was happy with the necklace I had put together. It had the look of an ancient piece from the Aztec period. The only problem was that I couldn't find a chain to slip this on so one could wear it around the neck. Couldn't find one before I gave up and woke up.

Westie1701 likes this.
  19. Kor

This is still one of my favorite recent dreams. :lol: I think at the time I was doing a lot of reading about early modern Europe, including religious developments like the Reformation, etc.

Kor

XCV330 and Westie1701 like this.
  20. Westie1701

Westie1701 Captain Captain

The dream I've had most often is also the most disconcerting, unfortunately.

In it I'm in a hospital bed, and though I can hear, see, and feel, the only thing I can move is my eyes, and no one seems to think I'm awake or aware of what's happening.

It's happened so often that I've actually told my family that if I end up like that IRL to make sure they get one of those optical movement scanners so I can at least type out what's going on.

I clearly watch too much House M.D. - that episode terrifies me.