Post Your Dreams Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Johnny7oak, Jul 19, 2016.

1. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I had one of being in a Mars dome. I was listening to the radio and my eyes hurt fro the red on one side and the greens on the other

Velocity likes this.
  2. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

In my most recent dream I was going up and down elevators in a humongous building that seemed mostly empty. And I just realized that this seems to be a recurring theme in my dreams.

So I'm in an elevator car that sometimes splits into two separate sections to go to different parts of the building. I'm conversing with a couple other people in the elevator, then I realize it's about to split, but I barely have a chance to tell them. Then my part of the elevator keeps going up for a while, and the foor opens up to an unfinished area with scaffolding. Right around then I woke up.

Kor

XCV330, Velocity and Gryffindorian like this.
  3. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I know right, I mean selling art via time travel isn't a crime is it?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  4. ^ just make sure to steal the least known artwork....
    if you took the most valued work, they wouldnt be as famous artist's.:)

5. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I dreamed I was following some guy down a corridor and he was sneaking along behind some guy who was carrying something about the size of a blender. The blender guy went through a door that looked like a bank vault door, and joined some other people who all had brought similar stuff with them. I couldn't tell if they were playing a dungeons and dragons type game with props, or if they were putting together some kind of nefarious machine. I woke up with a painful leg cramp so I'll never know what was going to happen.

XCV330 and Gryffindorian like this.
  6. Gingerbread Demon

True but the Mona Lisa wasn't famous when he first painted it now was it? So why not buy that one off Leonardo and sell it in the present... Instant profit as it's an original

7. Yeah NOW you want to buy it......... :-)

Leonardo da Vinci / Mona Lisa Timeline:

1452 Leonardo is born in Vinci, a small village in Italy.

1466 Leonardo moves to Florence and enters the shop of Andrea Verrocchio.

1472 Leonardo joins the Florentine Guild of Artists.

1481 Leonardo paints The Adoration of the Magi, an altarpiece for the Monastery of San Donato at Scopeto, which is to remain unfinished.

1482 Leonardo travels to Milan and enters the service of Ludovico Sforza, ruler of the city, presenting himself as engineer, architect, sculptor and painter.

1483 Leonardo paints the Louvre version of Virgin of the Rocks.

1485 Leonardo paints Lady with an Ermine.

1495 Leonardo begins work on The Last Supper at the monastery of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan, which is finished two years later.

1500 Leonardo begins painting the Virgin and Child with Saint Anne, which is finished ten years later.

1502 Leonardo is appointed military engineer for Cesare Borgia and placed in charge of inspecting Borgia's fortresses in Romagna.

1503 Leonardo begins painting the Mona Lisa, which he will work on for four years (according to Leonardo da Vinci's biographer, Giorgio Vasari.)

1504 Raphael arrives in Florence and visits Leonardo's studio.

1507 Leonardo is appointed painter and engineer at the court of Louis XII in France.

1506 Leonardo paints the London National Gallery version of Virgin of the Rocks.

1513 Leonardo settles in Rome under the patronage of Giuliano de Medici.

1514 Leonardo accepts the patronage of Francois I of France and moves into the manor house of Cloux near Amboise. He paints the only known authentic likeness of himself, inscribed by a later hand: "Leonardo da Vinci, portrait of himself as an old man."

1515 Leonardo paints St. John the Baptist.

Leonardo dies at the age of sixty-seven at the manor of Cloux near Amboise.

1530s Francois I displays the Mona Lisa in a semi-public art gallery at Fontainebleau, his favorite chateau.

1550 Giorgio Vasari publishes the earliest known biography of Leonardo da Vinci, Lives of the Most Excellent Painters, Sculptors, and Architects, thirty-one years after Leonardo's death.

1793 The Louvre Museum opens.

The Mona Lisa is hung in Napoleon Bonapart's bedroom in the Tuileries.

The Mona Lisa is installed in the Grand Gallery of the Louvre.

Gingerbread Demon appear in Dumenza, a locality in northern Italy near Lake Como.

1908 Gingerbread moves to a rooming house at 5 rue de l'Hopital-Saint-Louis in Paris. He works briefly as a carpenter at the Louvre.

The Director of the National Museums, Théophile Homolle, on vacation when the Mona Lisa disappears, laughs at the possibility of theft from the Louvre: "You might as well pretend that one could steal the towers of Notre Dame!"

1911 August 21: The theft of Mona Lisa is discovered.

August 29: Géry Piéret delivers a statue stolen from the Louvre to the offices of the Paris-Journal.

September 6: Paris-Journal prints the story that it has received the other two stolen statues.

September 7: French detectives make their first and only arrest in the case – Guillaume Apollinaire. Apollinaire implicates Pablo Picasso. Picasso is brought in for questioning and released.

September 12: Apollinaire is released.

September 13: Paris-Journal reports that Apollinaire was described by La Sureté as "the chief of an international gang that has come to France to rifle our museums."

September: Following a report to the French Cabinet, Homolle is forced to resign as museum director.

1912 Spring: The still-missing painting is honored in a traditional mid-Lent parade in Paris with a float showing Mona Lisa taking off in an airplane for points unknown.

1913 Autumn: Florentine antique dealer, Alfredo Geri, prepares an exhibition and places an advertisement in several Italian newspapers stating that he is "a buyer at good prices of art objects of every sort."

November 29: Geri receives a letter with a Paris postmark in response to his ad, from a man calling himself " @Gingerbread Demon " who says he has the Mona Lisa in his possession and wishes to restore the painting to Italy.

December 10: Gingerbread Demon arrives at Geri's shop on the Via Borgognissanti in Florence.

December 11: Geri and Giovanni Poggi, director of the Uffizi, meet Gingerbread in his room at the Hotel Tripoli-Italia. Demon opens a trunk and removes the Mona Lisa, which had been hidden under a false bottom. Gingerbread Demon is immediately arrested.

December: Mona Lisa is displayed at the Uffizi, then is sent on a tour of the museums of Italy before being sent back to France.

December 31: Mona Lisa returns to Paris in a special compartment of the Milan-Paris express.

1914 January 4: Mona Lisa is returned to her new place in the Louvre's Salon Carré.

June: Gingerbread is placed on trial in Florence, where he gains popularity as a patriot for returning Mona Lisa to Italy. He is given a minimum sentence and released almost immediately for time served.

1963 Mona Lisa visits the United States for seven weeks – first at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC, and then at the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art. She is seen by one million six-hundred-thousand visitors.

1974 Mona Lisa travels to the Tokyo National Museum and then to the Pushkin Museum in Moscow, where she is seen by more than 2 million viewers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2021
    publiusr likes this.
  8. Gingerbread Demon

Oh look a nice timeline to follow "snicker snicker" warms up the time coils

Velocity and Captain pl1ngpl0ng like this.
  9. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Ever since I started using a sleep supplement, I've had a few bizarre dreams that are too sketchy for me to remember.

Slightly off-topic. I've been listening to an audio book called The Nocturnal Brain written and narrated by a medical doctor named Guy Leschziner, who talks about the science of sleep as well as various sleep disorders such as parasomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, to name a few. Cases range from a teenaged boy in Central America whose circadian rhythm is so out of synch that it has impacted his school and social life, to a woman in Canada who was observed to be sleep-biking. :eek:

Do you or someone you know have a sleep disorder? I was once diagnosed with sleep apnea and was even prescribed a CPAP machine. Fortunately, I got better and so I stopped using it.

10. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

I think my main sleep “disorder” is just never getting enough of it...

I do sometimes have what I colloquially call “insomnia”, but it’s usually just inability to fall asleep due to stress and anxiety, and I don’t know if that meets the clinical definition of insomnia or not.

publiusr likes this.
  11. Kor

In my dream the other night, I found myself in the hometown of a friend who I hadn't heard from in a long time. I dropped in on his family, and it turned out that he had been holed up in his room for months, since the start of the pandemic, and nobody had heard anything from him in all that time. So I couldn't see him.

Kor

XCV330 and Velocity like this.
  12. Gingerbread Demon

No memorable dreams this week. But lots of clairaudience events.

13. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

havent remembered a dream in months, sleeping soundly I guess but today I had two dreams. Once in which my brother, who I rarely ever talk to, convinced me to buy a blue guinea pig from a pet store. apparently it was a new breed. He was so excited about the idea I bought one before I realized I didn't want a pet and I was stuck with a blue guinea pig.

the second one I was just looking out my front door and saw a man walking down the road. it was my brother in law and he seemed like he was doing okay, pleased about something. Then I remembered he was dead and so I went back inside, not wanting to talk to him.

Velocity and Gryffindorian like this.
  14. Kor

I dreamed that I was on a road trip in the UK with a couple of friends I didn't recognize (because they were wearing hooded robes). We were driving up a coastal road to Scotland. But it was going to take a few days to drive all the way to the northernmost area, so we just stopped at a couple of costal towns just across the border from England. We took pictures at some castle ruins overlooking the sea, and then we went driving some more. But we had to be really careful because the road was being inundated with waves.

And then I found myself back in college in the middle of a mathematics class, but I hadn't been studying. It was test day, and I couldn't remember most of the concepts. Thankfully, the guy sitting nearby kept whispering clues to me.

Kor

15. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I have those test type dreams too. I have the classes list, but can't seem to find the classroom(s) and I haven't studied for the imminent test, which I am going to also be late for, since I can't find the classroom. I need someone to help me, but no one does.

Gryffindorian likes this.
  16. Gingerbread Demon

OK I spoke too soon it would seem I had a fantastic, dream kind of with my time traveling art selling and I landed in the future instead of back home and found myself at Utopia Planitia watching the Enterprise D being built and then Voyager showed up out of the blue and they shanghaied me away to go on an adventure.

publiusr and Captain pl1ngpl0ng like this.
  17. Jean-Luc Picard would probably be very interested in your art-collection!!

18. Gingerbread Demon

Yes he would, he has a chateau you know.... Don't tell Raffi

Captain pl1ngpl0ng likes this.
  19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last night I had a dream that I was in a 1900s city and these con men passing themselves off as mystic mumbo jumbo doctors amputated a man's leg unnecessarily. I told them that I would rewind time, fix his leg without amputating it and prove that they were con artists, and in exchange I would kill them all to stop them from ruining anymore lives. They weren't too happy about that last part. Not sure how I was able to rewind time while they were able to watch everything unfold, but dreams make perfect sense while you're dreaming.