Possible that Starfleet still developed the Galaxy X class in the prime timeline?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by The Rock, May 5, 2020.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Planes have propellers. Ships have screws. ;)

Timo likes this.
  2. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

nope, on ships they are in fact called "propellers."

3. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Depends a bit on the century.

Since propeller is the more generic of the words, it might just as well apply to jet engines (it basically never does) and warp nacelles (just ye wait).

Timo Saloniemi

4. Go-Captain

Go-Captain Commander Red Shirt

I would love to see the Galaxy upgrade with phaser cannon, more torpedo tubes, and third nacelle. The rest of the details are negotiable. I really wanted the new ships to have the phaser cannon, and it would have fit really well with a more militaristic post-Borg, post-Dominion, post-more-Borg, post-space-9/11 Starfleet. I also assume the Starfleet fleet we see is a combat fleet.

I would also love to see mostly unchanged Galaxy class ships out there doing their thing discovering new worlds and civilizations. Perhaps change only the nacelles since the idea used to be the nacelles could be hot swapped, and that fits how the new ships only really vary the nacelles, and fits the Constitution class upgrade. It's too bad we never saw the Miranda and Excelsior with overtly upgraded nacelles.

trekshark likes this.
  5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Ah, yes, the USS Fanboy. Because that's what's needed, more combats and space battles.

THAT'S what this series is about!

NCC-73515 likes this.
  6. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

PART of what the different series have always been about is a fair amount of combat.

trekshark likes this.
  7. trekshark

trekshark Commander Red Shirt

I'd have liked a Miranda with scaled for size upside down sovereign nacelles

8. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Commodore Commodore

trekshark likes this.
  9. trekshark

trekshark Commander Red Shirt

10. somebuddyx

somebuddyx Captain Captain

I always figured they would have still built this type of ship in the real timeline. I don't think it'd be back in Picard and that doesn't bother me. I hope some fan someday animates a cool battle scene with that phase-disruptor just punching holes in enemy ships. I'd love to see artwork of a Sovereign-class duking out with a refit Galaxy-class and have it be the Enterprise-E and Kumari. (Or once I learn how to make proper phaser and shield effects I'll make a crap one myself)

The Enterprise-D in the Mirror Broken comics might be this class of ship but it's the Mirror Universe so yeah.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  11. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Take it sleazy Moderator

No, the engineer who designed it slipped in the shower in the Prime universe and never got to design it. The butterfly effect is a cruel mistress.

Admiral Archer and somebuddyx like this.
  12. mikelima777

mikelima777 Ensign Red Shirt

I made a similar idea in my fanfic. But toned down.

Have a smaller Phaser Lance (my canon is it one of those technologies developed for the Borg or Dominion) and the extra phaser strips. That's it.

Personally the Third Nacelles is the big turn off, as it looks like its try too hard, and also severely affects the usability of the shuttle bays.

Shamrock Holmes and somebuddyx like this.
  13. JesterFace

JesterFace Commodore Commodore

4 nacelles might have looked better, Stargazer style or something like that.

[​IMG]