POLL: What are you looking Forward to most in S3

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Lady Conqueror, Jul 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

I had to vote OTHER, because you didn't have what I want and that is a continuation of the Archer/T'Pol pairing.

2. Garrovick

Garrovick Guest

I would assume the "Other" category means "creative writing" and no "gee whiz"?

3. payndz201

payndz201 Commodore Commodore

Re: POLL: What are you looking Forward to most in

I voted 'other', because until the fundamental flaws of ENT (bad writing, recycled scripts, lack of imagination, fear of taking risks, etc) are addressed, anything else is just a Band-Aid on a sucking chest wound.

4. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll vote for the story plot arc it's long overdue.

5. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll also vote vote for Trip and T'pol .

6. Mr. Atoz

Mr. Atoz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My vote was for "revenge-seeking Trip," although I'm all for any of the above Trip-related choices. If you have to ask why...then I don't post often enough. :D

Truthfully, I'm looking forward to all of those choices, particularly the existence of an arc. I think it's wonderful that TPTB actually have the season mapped out. I've always found it odd that they never did this in the past. I don't know if that's rare in the industry or not, but it seems like it would be -- especially these days. The second season suffered greatly from too many episodes that didn't seem to be going anywhere. With only a few exceptions, the season didn't really contribute to any lingering story lines or develop any particular character traits -- even though some of those episodes might have been quite good on their own. ENT needs an air of suspense...sort of a "What will happen? / Tune in next week to find out" edge that will always leave viewers wanting more. What they've been doing may be producing a quality a show, but an interesting arc will produce lasting viewers.

In my perfect world, however, there'd be one more category added to that list: "The recasting of Archer with Chris Meloni."

7. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

I voted "Other" in lieu of an "All of the Above" option.

Cheers

Alex

8. Guest

Guest Guest

i voted other because i want more Archer/T'Pol intimacy.... teh past 2 seasons had alot of them nad i want to see how their relationship develops into sumthing more

9. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

The expected response "cancellation" (boy I saw that coming a mile away) inspired me to request to the person who has requested the "what you'd like to see LEAST in S3" poll that "Cancellation" be included on that poll.

Cheers

Alex

10. SciBirg

SciBirg Commander Red Shirt

Story Arc!! They add tons to the woohoo-factor of watching Enterprise, IMO.

11. bandybones

bandybones Captain Captain

I voted for story arc because I think that will help achieve many of the other changes.

I have been frustrated with the stand alone eps because each ep has such a limited amount of screen time to tell the story. A story arc might be like having a multi-part episode to tell one single story, thereby allowing a more detailed approach.

What I really want to see is more in depth characterizations of the crewmembers.

12. Komet155

Komet155 Commodore Commodore

Re: the many beatings of Captain Archer...

Maybe T'Pol can teach him Vulcan Kung Fu so he can defend himself. Barroom brawl tactics arent cutting it.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm hoping for a true story arc because I would really like to see a more in-depth story in the show.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello, everyone! I'm new to the forum. Figured the poll would be the best way to get into the swing of things. :)

Anyway, I guess I'll go for the story arc with the hope that it will have a major ripple effect on the other aspects of the series. Maybe the story arc will allow the characters to be developed more fully. Like most viewers I guess, I want to know why Archer became the first captain of the Enterprise. Accident of birth? Sheer talent?

15. HansB

HansB Lieutenant Red Shirt

I voted for the Story arc.

16. Komet155

So would I. Remember that look T'Pol gave Archer when he wondered aloud if the children of human and vulcan parents woud have pointed ears? HEH.

17. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

actually i took it to mean she had been thinking of some one else and well it wasnt him..

it was sorta of a not with you monkey boy look
    :lol:

18. Komet155

LOL

monkey boy!?!

LOL

19. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I am hoping whatever they will do, is implemented quickly. I am going to start watching Enterprise this season. I watched the pilot, and thought it was OK, but not enough to hold me. So, I waited until I could watch the characters become established. They didn't. So, I'm hoping this season will bring me to watch it. I am hoping very much, that this season captivates me. I am willing to watch and see what happens, but I don't want to see "Dawson's Creek: In Space", so here's hoping.

-J.

20. Xenoclone

Xenoclone Commodore Commodore

Re: POLL: What are you looking Forward to most in

I voted the many beatings of Archer. I mean, I enjoyed watching Kirk beat up every other episode, why not Archer? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.