Please...no revenge this time.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Laura Cynthia Chambers, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So far Nero has wanted revenge, Khan has wanted revenge, Edison has wanted revenge...anybody else want another motive for our next antagonist?

Phil123, Galileo7, Markonian and 3 others like this.
  2. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

Yes please.

Lost Periphery and Balok's Decoy like this.
  3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I always felt STID would of been better to have been called Star Trek Into Vengeance (or drop the into bit) since Kirk, Khan were seeking it and the name of the Admiral's ship to boot. Regret & Loss would seem to be the theme hinted early on when they said Kirk would meet his dad when they first spoke about ST14.

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since Environmentalism is a hot topic these days, what about an environmental movie and we can see the Kelvin version of George and Gracie. Keep the Star Trek 4 theme going. ;)

5. Laura Cynthia Chambers

Laura Cynthia Chambers Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The reason for having them travel back to 1986 was because it was that year when the film came out. If they made a similar time travel back to old Earth film, it would be to our time. But the differences might not be as glaring. A lot of the Trek tech could be (from a visual standpoint, anyway) confused with ours (tablet computers, phones, etc.)

It might even seem out of date (not Kelvinverse Kirk and Spock but you get the idea)

[​IMG]

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I agree.

Beyond tackled the current political climate pretty well with a theme of inclusion, acceptance and working together as a team. It told us being insular, and rejecting others was not a formula for success. War and violence are not our measures of greatness and evolution.

If they take these themes further in a movie now that things have gone further off the deep end, it'll be worthwhile.

RAMA

Markonian, Kaelef and JamesRye like this.
  7. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

vengeance?

8. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Doomsday machine? Kirk receives info of a federation ship wreckage on a planet. Goes to investigate and it's wreckage of the Kelvin. The indigenous aliens find George Kirk's body and restore him. Later on, daddy Kirk and son Kirk have to team up in some fashion to stop the Doomsday machine from attacking a planet. I dunno.

Paradise City and pst like this.
  9. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe they could copy lost and make some of the crew get stuck on a planet that keeps "moving" in the space and no one can find it. There live "the others" who can take the appearance of the crew to trick everyone into doing what they want (everyone but Spock because he has a telepathic bond with Uhura so the monsters can't fool him)
    And then everything ends in a church in purgatory. End credits.

Kidding aside (but really, I like the idea of a sorta invisible planet that once found by "strangers" it keeps moving so it can't be found again making a rescue mission very hard. Also Kirk feeling guilty because Spock had advised him to not explore that planet but he didn't listen), I second the "no revenge this time" but you know it's inevitable.

10. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

and a lady this time, please.

it was play on "heart of darkness"... errr another play on "heart of darkness" since the first act of star trek: insurrection was also loosely based on that story.

i like this. if not a female villain, then a non-villain - another force of nature as antagonist trek would be great, but i don't think the market would accept that these days. though if it were the doomsday machine, the kelvin timeline would once again be spoiling its ability to create stories unbound by canon.

11. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can we have a movie where the enemy is not "us" or a military gone mad?

Oh, and I want to see Kirk take that bozo and his cell phone to the bottom of a subway. And then watch Kirk make a call. To space. Cell phones are not communicators.

12. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Communicators in Trek aren't analogous to our consumer-level cell phones. Military devices are utilitarian and functional with specific, single purposes.

Kor

13. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

It's Part 4. So of course there'll be "Revenge!!!!" And this time it's personal.

14. ISS Enterprise

ISS Enterprise Commander Red Shirt

Nah, Revenge will be a dish that's best served cold..........

15. johnjm22

johnjm22 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wasn't revenge part of Shinzon's motive as well? I have a hard time remembering that movie.

I agree with the OP though. I have no interest in seeing another Trek film with a generic villain that's motivated by revenge.

16. ISS Enterprise

ISS Enterprise Commander Red Shirt

Needs to be classic Trek - out on 5 year mission. Intelligent script with good action Crew visits multiple (a couple) planets/systems modern geo political message underlying, etc.

Klingons will bring in mainstream audience and $$ AND A coherent marketing strategy lol

17. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

It'll introduce a new adversary for the Federation with a totally justifiable motive:

MAIN BAD GUY: "At last, we will reveal ourselves to the Federation...at last we will have revenge."

18. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

The villain will be a Ferengi whose motivation will be to: Make the Federation Great Again.

He'll collude with the Romulans to make it happen.

19. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's about as subtle as Into Darkness was.

"And all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal, and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain."

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

And Ru'Afo. In fact, the last time we had a villain who wasn't out for revenge was First Contact, though in that case it was in fact Picard who was seeking vengeance. So Generations was in fact the last Trek movie that wasn't about revenge at all.