PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. boco

boco Commodore Commodore

My grandma has this in the countryside
    [​IMG]

View from up the hills behind her house
    [​IMG]
    And the summer
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

Ooh, baby birds! :D And the meadow is stunning. It's lovely to see a proper meadow, what with intensive farming having destroyed so many of them.

3. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    "Lost Potential"... orchid buds that ended up being blasted, never flowering.

[​IMG]
    "Beach Stones"... laid out on some wood, just fooling around

[​IMG]
    "Egg Snack"... one of my favorites. A medium boiled egg with tumeric, paprika, fresh chives, and salt. Very tasty and nutritious at the same time. :)

4. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

awesome pics, Gary!! And there I thought I am the only one here with a weakness for close ups, lol.
    You have an excellent eye for interesting motives. :)

And I love the baby swallows and the meadow, Bocco. The landscape looks very much like the area I live in, only the building style is different and our mountains are less ragged (ours are very old and worn down to soft round shapes).

Here in Bavaria, the blue flowers in the pic are called Wegwarte (waits at the road) as they mostly grow along roads and paths. It's one of my favourite flowers :)

There's a legend about the plant's name:
    a young man was forced into the army and had to go to war. His betrothed waited at the road for him to return, wearing the blue dress he liked best so that he should be able to spot her from afar. He never returned, though, and she kept waiting for years until she was literally rooted to the spot and gradually turned into the blue waits-at-the-road flower.

On a more prosaical note: the roots of this plant were cut, toasted and ground as a coffee-substitute during and after the war. The leaves and buds are edible, too. The plant is the ancestor of our lettuce, belgian endive (aka chicoree) and radiccio.

5. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, they are baseballs.

6. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Went to a Long Island Ducks game this evening with my son Ian. You were able to go onto the field before the game and get autographs from the team players.

Ian on the field
    [​IMG]

The only autograph we got was of the Bench Coach Bud Harrelson, who played for the Mets.
    [​IMG]

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh. :alienblush:

Last time I saw a baseball it was on Sisko's desk.

8. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Very cool shot ... and story. I haven't made it to a Ducks game yet, but I've been to a few Cyclones games. Minor League ball games are great for the youngsters. As much as mine enjoyed running the bases at Citi Field last year, she much preferred watching the game at Coney Island.

9. boco

boco Commodore Commodore

love the pics, Gary! I'm glad I convinced you to post more! you have the eye a photographer needs :techman:and the imagination
    that's a beuatiful story! thanks for sharing and for the good words :)

here is something I took this april
    [​IMG]
    and in february
    [​IMG]
    a friend's cats
    [​IMG]

10. Tom Hendricks

I have always loved going to Minor League games. I have gone to many, the Sommerset Patriots in Bridgewater NJ, the Newark Bears in Newark NJ, the NJ Jackals who play at Yogi Berra Stadium in Montclair NJ, even saw several games down in Atlantic City with the NJ Blue Claws. I have always wanted to see the Cyclones, so I should probably make it over to see them before the season is over.

11. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

awesome pics, Boco! You managed to get the essence of summer and early spring in the first 2 pics. And I love the cat picture, too! anyone else who reflexively has to yawn when looking at it? LOL it's so infectuous!)
    I really gotta load a few of my old ones up to my server. I specialize in macros, preferably against the light.

12. Tom Hendricks

Went to Taconic State Park in upstate New York on Saturday, it is situated on the corner of New York, Massachusetts and Connecticut. Got to visit one of my favorite places, Bash Bish Falls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. boco

boco Commodore Commodore

that a beautiful place, TH! :luvlove:

to continue the idea:
    here's my autumn:
    [​IMG]
    montasola, it

and winter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

marsia,it
    [​IMG]
    my lemon tree
    and a few pics from a reserve park in south italy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Took a weekend away from being a city girl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Dear god, what happened to your testicles?! ;)

16. Snowlilly

Snowlilly Lieutenant Red Shirt

omg thats funny cause when I first saw that, that was my first thought as well.

17. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Mmmh, coffee! [​IMG]

18. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: :guffaw: :lol: Of course, they could also be ovaries. ;)

Boco, I love those shots, especially the snow covered lemon. :) That nature preserve in southern Italy looks beautiful. What town/city is it near?

Kestra, what a beautiful seaside place to be. Where is it? Do you sail that Hobiecat? I love sailing those... so fast and stable. Traveling by the wind is such a terrific feeling.

19. boco

boco Commodore Commodore

@Gary7 :) thanks a lot. That's National park of Sila. It's huge,near a few cities. I think you didn't get my last pm :( yesterday..Will write you again tomorrow,now I'm on cell

20. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

My husband's grandparents have a farm in northern Michigan. Like, really really far north (while still being in lower Michigan). They also have a cottage off of Lake Huron nearby. The Hobiecat belongs to my father-in-law. He had one when he was younger and got this one a few years back. This was our first time up there at the same time with my husband's parents, so he took me out on the lake. It was awesome! It was pretty windy so it got a little crazy at one point, but I loved it.