PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks That boy is our last hope, NO! there is another. Premium Member

I'm so looking forward to the new Star Wars movie as well. That is indeed our playroom. It should be a Formal Living Room but when you have young kids, a formal living room is not necessary. So we set it up for them.

Frozen is still as popular as ever, we went to school yesterday for their Halloween parade. In my sons class, there were 6 Elsa's alone and like 3 Anna's. On a side note, those Frozen pictures are actually mine. We hung them in the playroom but they are actually prints I got from DisneyWorld.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    You guys are raising your kids just right. You know what you're doing. ;)

3. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Thought I'd share up here too, 'cause I'm really happy with my costume!
    I didn't have money for a costume this year. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I look and dress enough like Velma from Scooby Doo that it didn't matter. Seriously, these are my prescription glasses and regular clothes. The only thing I had to buy for this costume was the socks.

[​IMG]

Curled my hair a bit to try to get more her do.
    [​IMG]

And the shoes old faves that I had't worn in ages till I dug them out this week.
    [​IMG]

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Savage Mod Moderator

^Looks like you posted while I was composing my post. I'd say you nailed it. Well done!

A few more of my little cosplayer.

Getting ready for a party last week.
    [​IMG]

Her costume for tonight.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Flux Capacitor

Flux Capacitor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks guys! She amazes me every day in many different ways. 7 months old and already crawling and standing herself up along the side of the crib.

As for Halloween costumes, my work had a contest yesterday and while I was the only participant in my store, I was pretty proud of it. In all of my 29 years I have yet to dress up in a Trek costume, but I finally pulled trigger and tonight, all three of us will be in our matching TNG command reds. Pics surely to come. :)

[​IMG]

6. Tom Hendricks

Went Trick or Treating at the mall and Ian ran into these guys, Kanan and Sabine.
    [​IMG]

7. auntiehill

auntiehill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well done, young man! :bolian:

8. Flux Capacitor

Flux Capacitor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

More Halloween pics!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ You guys look great. I love the pumpkin, too.!

I should've gotten pics... I was my favorite professor last night. Vintage black velvet opera coat as "dress robes" and the replica of McGonagall's wand that my daughter got me at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in FL.

10. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Here are your legally required Ellaween pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even Butters got into the spirit:

[​IMG]

The end.

11. auntiehill

auntiehill Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Cute!

Mrs. Suiggy's costume is great, too!

12. KimMH

KimMH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She's getting so big - what a scream!

Cutest RedShirt ever!

^^Squeee!

^lol!

13. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Three pictures (two combined) from this year's Halloween:

[​IMG]

Pretty good considering I was rushing to carve it. I waited until Halloween to get a pumpkin. Litterally the on October 30 there were pumpkins, then on Halloween they were gone. You'd think there would be some scragglers left behind for people who foolishly put it off. No, cut to two hours later and six stores later, I finally found one place that had pumpkins.

I thought looting occured at six o'clock, so you can imagine how surprised I was rushing to decorate and carve a pumpkin 'cause I blew all my time driving around, when the first trick-or-treater showed up half an hour early.

I hadn't handed out candy or carved a pumpkin of well over ten years, maybe fifteen.

And that, ldies and gentlemen, is what a pumpkin looks like when you didn't pre-plan a face, didn't draw an outline, and had a big butcher knife feverously cutting it in and gutting it in ten minutes.

But I wasn't done...

[​IMG]

I needed spooky tombstones. So, after some trash picking I came up with styrofoam pieces, gave them some quick black spray paint, then got a perminent black market.

It was fun handing out candy and scaring some kids. But Halloween has changed since the last time I participated in it. Kids are more scared then before (some even skipped the house rather than be scared), more greedy and grabbing handfuls (even after I tell them to please not do that and save some for the other kids; I ran out of candy an hour before the end time), people are using their bright-ass phone lights to see where they were going (they're doing this shit on July 4 as well), and so many kids are simply not even bothering to say "Trick-or-treat!" (even the mute kid had a note with "trick-or-treat" on it).

14. Catarina

Catarina Commodore Commodore

depressing, tharp. Not that it makes it less true.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

16. Astra

Astra Commander Red Shirt

I didn't have any trick-or-treaters this year on my door. I'll have to eat all the candy myself :devil:

(sorry for the late reply)
    Thank you! If you happen to find yourself in Cardiff (Wales) at any time, visit the Doctor Who experience with lots of props and costumes from the show. This is where they have the complete Tenth Doctor's TARDIS set.

Here are two pics I did today of my beautiful home-city Dresden. This is the view I have every morning going to work:

[​IMG]

And the evening version:

[​IMG]

17. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Pimpin' Robot Premium Member

I don't know about poison but they did find needles in candy this year.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    "Erik Estrada's Career."

:lol:

19. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome family pics everyone. My oldest, who was four months from being born when I registered here, is 15, 6'2" and way too cool for Halloween.

Time is fleeting....

20. Tom Hendricks

This is how Ian watched Attack of the Clones today. He said he needed to wear a Stormtrooper helmet and wear a Stormtrooper shirt to watch a movie about Stormtroopers. With watching AOTC, we only have Revenge of the Sith to watch before The Force Awakens. The circle is almost complete. Oh by the way, Ian's favorite part of the movie. Anakin and Padme getting married. He loved them rolling around on the plains. His actual words. He loves the universally hated parts of this movie, that mad me laugh.
    [​IMG]