PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well done, young man! :bolian:

2. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

More Halloween pics!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

^ You guys look great. I love the pumpkin, too.!

I should've gotten pics... I was my favorite professor last night. Vintage black velvet opera coat as "dress robes" and the replica of McGonagall's wand that my daughter got me at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in FL.

4. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Here are your legally required Ellaween pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even Butters got into the spirit:

[​IMG]

The end.

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  5. auntiehill

So Cute!

Mrs. Suiggy's costume is great, too!

6. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

She's getting so big - what a scream!

Cutest RedShirt ever!

^^Squeee!

^lol!

7. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Three pictures (two combined) from this year's Halloween:

[​IMG]

Pretty good considering I was rushing to carve it. I waited until Halloween to get a pumpkin. Litterally the on October 30 there were pumpkins, then on Halloween they were gone. You'd think there would be some scragglers left behind for people who foolishly put it off. No, cut to two hours later and six stores later, I finally found one place that had pumpkins.

I thought looting occured at six o'clock, so you can imagine how surprised I was rushing to decorate and carve a pumpkin 'cause I blew all my time driving around, when the first trick-or-treater showed up half an hour early.

I hadn't handed out candy or carved a pumpkin of well over ten years, maybe fifteen.

And that, ldies and gentlemen, is what a pumpkin looks like when you didn't pre-plan a face, didn't draw an outline, and had a big butcher knife feverously cutting it in and gutting it in ten minutes.

But I wasn't done...

[​IMG]

I needed spooky tombstones. So, after some trash picking I came up with styrofoam pieces, gave them some quick black spray paint, then got a perminent black market.

It was fun handing out candy and scaring some kids. But Halloween has changed since the last time I participated in it. Kids are more scared then before (some even skipped the house rather than be scared), more greedy and grabbing handfuls (even after I tell them to please not do that and save some for the other kids; I ran out of candy an hour before the end time), people are using their bright-ass phone lights to see where they were going (they're doing this shit on July 4 as well), and so many kids are simply not even bothering to say "Trick-or-treat!" (even the mute kid had a note with "trick-or-treat" on it).

8. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

depressing, tharp. Not that it makes it less true.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I didn't have any trick-or-treaters this year on my door. I'll have to eat all the candy myself :devil:

(sorry for the late reply)
    Thank you! If you happen to find yourself in Cardiff (Wales) at any time, visit the Doctor Who experience with lots of props and costumes from the show. This is where they have the complete Tenth Doctor's TARDIS set.

Here are two pics I did today of my beautiful home-city Dresden. This is the view I have every morning going to work:

[​IMG]

And the evening version:

[​IMG]

11. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

I don't know about poison but they did find needles in candy this year.

12. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    "Erik Estrada's Career."

:lol:

13. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome family pics everyone. My oldest, who was four months from being born when I registered here, is 15, 6'2" and way too cool for Halloween.

Time is fleeting....

14. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

This is how Ian watched Attack of the Clones today. He said he needed to wear a Stormtrooper helmet and wear a Stormtrooper shirt to watch a movie about Stormtroopers. With watching AOTC, we only have Revenge of the Sith to watch before The Force Awakens. The circle is almost complete. Oh by the way, Ian's favorite part of the movie. Anakin and Padme getting married. He loved them rolling around on the plains. His actual words. He loves the universally hated parts of this movie, that mad me laugh.
    [​IMG]

15. auntiehill

Huh. Not a fan, is he? :lol:

Very cute picture.

16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
  17. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Not really. A true fan would have a star wars themed pants

:bolian:

18. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I know, I know! -It's WAY too early to even think of such nonsens; but today I assembled my 'tree' and put the lights on:

[​IMG]

With the help of the 'CatCam' in the back yard, I can even watch it with just a click on my TV-remote :lol: :p
    (Yup, that's a phonecam-shot of my TV.)

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Cat-Cam"... :guffaw:

20. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I rode with my group in the San Francisco Veterans Day Parade yesterday. This was taken while staging. That's our static display UH-1 Huey chopper in the background. It was one of the many used during the Vietnam War and we take it with us too events and parades like this one.

[​IMG]

There was a local news story about the parade, and I saw myself on TV...sort of! :)

[​IMG]

After the parade, myself and my fellow Warriors' Watch Riders participated in a Welcome Home celebration for two US Navy Petty Officers who also happen to be husband and wife. This was the first time I was able to bring Amelia up with me to make my presentation, and it was awesome to share it with her, and to share her with everybody there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My presentation is a custom rendering depicting a NASCAR race car decked out in a Warriors' Watch livery and sporting the service members' name along with a car number and other elements that are meaningful to them. For this one, I made it a two car team to represent them as couple. My theme of the presentation is that while athletes can be great role models, our men and women in uniform are even better role models for our youth and the cars are a representation that they are celebrities in our eyes and we are their biggest fans.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015