PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The best food I had in Chicago was the sweet corn (!) at US Cellular Field. Hot dogs? I love ketchup. I deviate from the Chicago norm on that point. I never understood - and still don't - why it's so wrong to put ketchup on hot dogs. I do it because I like them. :shrug:

I didn't get a chance to eat any deep dish pizza though. Maybe next time.

I'd also like to visit the Billy Goat Tavern...

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Ketchup has the tendency to make whatever you're eating taste like ketchup. It masks the true flavor of the hotdog.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

^ I have never had that problem.

That being said, hotdogs aren't exactly my favorite thing to eat at ballgames. I prefer burgers or chicken sandwiches.

The best thing I have ever eaten at a game was a Fatburger that I had at a Diamondbacks game this summer. :drool:

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

You probably have and you just don't know it.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

^ I doubt it.

6. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Mustard and Kraut only.

Oh, and the skyline pics are gorgeous. Makes me want to go to Chicago.

7. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

If I was going to eat a hot dog, the only thing on top would be green chile.

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Chunky chili mixed with diced onion and plain mustard. That's the way to go.

9. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    They are pretty good.

I think the best thing I ever ate at a game was Nachos at the Sunkist Fiesta Bowl. That thing was HUGE.

Count me in as another one who wants chili, onions, and mustard on his dog. Hell, I don't even eat ketchup on french fries

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That's why I like it on my hot dogs.

11. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Yep! Actually if you order a hot dog Chicago style you'll be getting it with mustard, onions, a pickle, celery salt, peppers, tomatoes and ... what am I forgetting? Oh, relish. I feel weird that the conversation has come this far and Timby hasn't gotten involved.

Ahhh, you are making me want Giordano's again and I just had it! Teacake, we'll do the pizza first. So good.

I know, and it's starting to show. I told you, you're an Iowan now.

Thanks. :) I hope I never take it for granted. Also if you do make a trip out here, I suggest avoiding the dead of winter (unless you like cold and windy) and the middle of summer (unless you like heat and humidity).

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I am a Quad Citian. We exist in a bubble universe that just happens to intersect both Illinois and Iowa.

And no, I'm still from Illinois. I have only been to Iowa once in the last month.

I never lived in Chicago. I'm a suburbanite through and through.

I felt the same weirdness.

13. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

All this talk of Chicago made me revisit the streets I grew up on in Chicago and that led to a whole rehash of all my old stomping grounds you know like forty years latter there is still that tree I had the tree house in, and the place I kissed my first real gf.. then some added things too but I suddenly realized that they don't tear down the houses I was liven in just because I moved on. What made me think that ,, Ok I know this answer ... since I lived around in jersey after high school a few of my places where I lived was arsoned out of time and space.. weird but true some how. ahhah the fires of hell were drawn there go figure. anyway I also visited grandmas and grandpas apartment. at 2113 ave 14.. and then copied and such the Google earth image :)

:rommie: oh and that stoup was where grandpa would sit pass out on drunken binges .. by like noon time.. and yes he would just urinate on him selfmmmmmm I have just gone down memory lane too far.. hehehe reality need something out of .. you know you did not have to read all this.. but anyway
    [​IMG]

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep that is what was on the "Chicago Style" hot dog I bought at a place the other day. Except I asked for no celery salt as I have a low tolerance for salt and never add it to anything. Mine was awful, the hot dog was totally mushy, the bun was disgusting.. the only good thing was the peppers. But this is what happens when you imitate styles from other countries.. also hot dogs are not a thing here so the chance of getting a good one is slim, if you can even find one.

The best hot dog I've had here was from Costco.

And think, that stoop looks straight out of Sesame St. And yes I know it's a different city :lol:

15. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

This thread is making me VERY hungry. *Gulp.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Since we're on a Chicago kick, I offer these pics from 2011:

Wrigley Field

[​IMG]

US Cellular Field

[​IMG]

Me in the Steve Bartman seat at Wrigley

[​IMG]

I must apologize for the lack of ivy in the Wrigley pic, and the fog in the US Cellular pic. I was there in the first week of April, and it was below freezing the whole time. (When I went down to the Cell, I got off the Red Line and I could not see the stadium because there was so much fog.) The reason why I was there so early in the year: It was, quite literally, the only time out of the entire season that the Cubs and Whitesox were in town at the same time.

17. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Amen! :bolian:

18. Mr. Laser Beam

^ And mustard doesn't? :lol:

19. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Only if you put too much on!

20. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    When it comes to any hot dog the following mathematical rules always apply:

Mustard > Ketchup
    Chili > Mustard
    Chunky chili > All three