Picard series, stand alone episodes or season long arcs?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by JesterFace, Apr 27, 2019.

?

Which one for new Picard series?

1. Stand alone episodes

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. Long story arcs

21 vote(s)
    84.0%
  1. The Butter Phantom

The Butter Phantom Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

We have Short Treks. CBS should do episodic stuff under that series, and leave the main seasons for big serialised dramas. I totally agree, the episodic format allows for dilemma-of-the-week character explorations, but it's not what's popular with audiences. Even shows designed to be procedural, like Criminal Minds, are semi-serialised now.

2. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

from what Frakes said it will be coupled episodes with the same director.

edited to add my thoughts and not confuse them with the above: There's clearly a large arc but it might be done in two-parters.

3. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which audiences? It's not like there's this one mind set consolidated group.

Personally in my twenties and perfer episodic story telling, over a mostly single arc season.

4. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would prefer "mini arcs" of two to three episodes, separated by standalone episodes.

Kor

5. Tenacity

Tenacity Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like it if I can miss a episode (not just watch later, but miss entirely) and not have it make much difference. Yes, most series have a few "must see" episodes packed with info, but with episodic that usually isn't typical.

I missed an entire season of NCIS and I could pick up largely where I left off (still kind of wonder where Tony went to).