Picard is Wesley's father?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by T'Cal, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jim 'King Ding-a-Ling' Kirk would probably have needed industrial strength contraception, at the rate he worked his way through the female galactic population! :lol:

2. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't remember the episode, but it was when Kasidy said she was pregnant. It's in the eight-part DS9 conclusion... "The Dogs of War" I think, but don't quote me on that.

Basically, Kasidy says that Sisko forgot his injection that month. He'd been so busy with the war it plum slipped his mind, and bingo! She's pregnant!

Unplanned pregnancies can still happen if you're lazy, or Benjamin Sisko. :) Kirk might have been lazy...

3. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know which episode it was, either. But, I'm pretty sure you are right about it being one of the final ones. I remember being quite impressed that they were talking about contraception in such a matter of fact way.

4. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or old school. He was rebelling against the system! :lol:

5. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

Your "Attached" reasoning doesn't work for me because the theory of Picard is Wes' dad was brought up a couple of years before the episode, which was aired in season 7. There was still enough slack in the story that was available to make it happen that Jean-Luc and Bev were intimate. Also, resemblance means nothing. Actually, IIRC Jack had blue eyes as does Bev, and Wes has brown. This makes it is highly unlikely that Wes is Jack's son.

6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^There's another explanation for related characters having inconsistent eye colors...

[jonlovitz]ACTING!!![/jonlovitz]

7. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So you are arguing that Picard is the type of man willing to bed his best friend and fellow officer's wife and that Beverly Crusher is the type of woman willing to betray her husband with his best friend and commanding officer. Moreover, Beverly Crusher is the type of woman who would willfully lie to her husband about the child's paternity in order to pass the child of the adulterous tryst off as her husband's.

Sorry, but I don't find that plausible at all given the characterizations shown to us in TNG canon. In a mirror universe fanfic, maybe . . .

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

8. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think there are rare cases of a child having different a eye colour to both parents if there's a history of that eye colour in their families. Again, no expert.

9. T'Cal

Whaaaaat?!? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

10. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, good Lord, it was a guess! I feel like a stalker now. :lol:

11. Whoa Nellie

I was really impressed! :)

You don't sound like a stalker. I, however, do sound like I identify with the heroine of my stories a little too much. :lol:

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

12. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

This thread reminds me of a cartoon that appeared in Starlog during the second season. It had Wesley, with a receeding hairline, gazing into a hand-held mirror. Picard was behind him, arm on his shoulder, and saying, "Wesley, there's something your mother and I have been meaning to tell you."

13. Vic Sixx

Vic Sixx Commodore Commodore

I wish someone would trim T'Cal's nooo to make this thread fit right.

14. Whoa Nellie

:lol: Whew! I thought it was just something funky going on with my browser.

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

15. K-Star

K-Star Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ROFLMAO! :guffaw:

16. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

That's what I always thought, too. That's why, for me, it was so funny when Captain Picard inadvertantly broke up Worf and Deanna's kiss in AGT. It's almost always been Worf that broke up the moment between Picard and Crusher...

17. T'Cal

Sorry! I'd fix it but don't know how. I can't edit it in the traditional manner. Suggestions?

18. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

L+R=W

but serousaly I don't think Picard is Welsey father who know maybe one of the Cursher had there Eye colour changed some how to blue and Wes liked brown just fine

19. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

But isn't it possible that Picard knew Beverly before Keel introduced Jack and Bev?

Further, is it ever explicitly stated that Jack and Bev started boinking as soon as they met? Maybe Bev and Jack started dating only after a long friendship and during that friendship Bev and Jean-Luc had a fling.

My favorite reason for believing that Picard is Wesley's dad is still the look on his face when they first meet in the pilot. It's almost like he's saying "wait...this is my son...I thought you got an abortion?!?!?!" Well, in my mind it's that way at least.

20. Whoa Nellie

No. TNG canon clearly establishes in the first season episode "Conspiracy" that it was Walker Keel who introduced Beverly to Jack. Beverly and Jack were already together when Picard met her. That was part of Keel's test to see if Picard was indeed who he said he was.

As I see it, the idea that Wesley is somehow the love child of Picard and Beverly Crusher is nothing more than a wishful shipper fanon fantasy that flies in the face of all TNG canon.

You still have to characterize Beverly Crusher as the type of woman who would willfully commit fraud and lie about her child's paternity in order to pass the child off as her husband's. Again, I can't see this in the canon universe -- mirror universe fanfic, maybe.

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie