Spoilers Picard, Dominion War, Voyager, References.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by balls, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Lynn Minmay

Lynn Minmay Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would also like to see more tie ins to previous events in TNG/VOY/DS9 era.

2. Nightdiamond

Nightdiamond Commodore Commodore

I don't think name dropping the Dominion War is necessary, but for the AQ, it was comparable to WW2 as far wars go. . I think Picard is making the same mistakes the TNG era show did by refusing or avoiding mentioning the Dominion War because it would be too confusing to some viewers.

It's too much of an over reaction. Either some fans will be become curious and watch DS9 to know more, or simply don't, or if they already know about it, it's no issue.

I could never understand avoiding mentioning another series to avoid confusion, as if that would do serous damage to a show or franchise.

The same thing could be said about Seven of Nine, Icheb, or the Romulan supernova or even Hugh.

DS9 takes a backseat again! lol.

3. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm. Our heroes lead busy lives. The odds of a gigantic galactic calamity sticking to their minds and everyday conversations are actually pretty low, as the next gigantic galactic calamity always waits just around the corner. Who'd bother with remembering WWII (let alone WWI) if we were up to WWVII now?

Sure, our heroes are an odd combination of active warriors and war veterans in the same person, an extremely rare thing ITRW since even the superpowers generally don't get engaged in "real" wars twice in an active lifetime. But rather than make them "I remember the time when..." automatons, this probably would discourage them from living in the past.

Timo Saloniemi