Spoilers Pandora - New CW Sci-Fi Series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow...that just killed my interest. Did he at least have good scenes? Did he die well?

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

He blew up in a spaceship but I don't remember anything else.

3. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

DARK MATTER
    Forever
    The OA

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which Forever? there's, been two recently.

Fred Armisen's Forever (2018) or Ioan Gruffudd's Forever (2014)?

Both cancelled.

Dark Matter was cancelled to keep Killjoys alive.

Killjoys used to be shit, but it has gotten to be very enjoyable.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  5. Phoenix219

Never could get into Killjoys. Dark Matter was fantastic. Thats a terrible trade off, and a damn shame.

2014 Forever.

Velocity likes this.
  6. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I have recorded all this season's episodes but could only watch a couple because the storyline has become so boring. I think I'll just watch the last one and see if it's worth watching the others. I just don't care about "The Lady". I really liked Dark Matter a lot better.

7. Phoenix219

So, I watched the fourth episode. This show is cheesy and low budget, but its kind of fun. If you told me it was filmed in the late 90s or early 2000s I would totally believe it. Its kind of the lens I have to use to watch it. Just feels like a throw back. The score in some places is very traditional adventure / danger fare. The dialogue is cheesy. They go for eye candy in a way most modern shows go out of their way to avoid. Yet its definitely got me intrigued in where some of the ideas are going. The holodeck date to the 90s solidified it to me - that is absolutely the vibe I am getting from this show. Cheesy turn of the millenium sci fi. Its rather lovable in that way. The last episode's plot? Shady bio-weapons made SPACE ZOMBIES. Haha. B level schlocky goodness!

KennyB likes this.
  8. Phoenix219

It improved slightly? I'm starting to get more interested in who is Jax - she has now been immune to the zombie disease and to telepathic probes. The mystery of the attack on the colony and destruction of the ship with the alien remains is growing. There is a literal physical key now. Some interesting reveals with the empathic kids telepathic dad. This week's cliche was "heist movie.". Plus they used the quote "strange new worlds and civilizations.*. There was a vision / flash of Jax as an assassin. I'm curious where it all is leading.

KennyB likes this.
  9. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

First few episodes were uneven but I caught up with it the other night and I really do like the cast and characters. When I saw Jeff Combs I was very happy, also Chase Masterson is the computer voice. Has a few more little ties to Trek as well. Hope it gets a second season. It was shot extremely fast over the summer in and around Sofia Bulgaria. Some of the locations are really beautiful. My wife wants to visit there now.

10. Enterprise is Great

11. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This gets renewed lol

12. Phoenix219

Awesome. I am 9 episodes, and it has grown on me. The mystery of it all, the galactic conspiracy, the colony with the alien pictographs, the portals, her past memories.... I am intrigued. Good to know.

They have found a really nice balance between episodic episodes that still advance the serial plot.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    KennyB likes this.
  13. Enterprise is Great

It's super cheap.

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, I was afraid of that. This is one of those situations where it's so cheap to produce that as long as just one person watches, it's pulling in a profit. Sigh.

SAndrews10 likes this.
  15. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Yeah first three were uneven but I like the characters and the universe they have created.

16. Phoenix219

Its a throwback in a lot of ways; the action scenes have a nice bit of musical score, it has attractive actors that aren't afraid of showing it, a cheesy turn of the century (1999-2002) feel that is just a whole lot of fun.