PACIFIC 201 - A Star Trek Film

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by aalenfae, May 21, 2014.

1. KennyB

KennyB Rear Admiral Premium Member

Yup. Don't wanna see another one go "Pike" on us.

2. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

Probably means that principal photography took longer than expected (various things could cause that); they lost their lease on whatever space they were renting as their 'studio' - they've pretty much SPENT the $31K on the production done to date - and need the money to pay the new (and possibly old) landlord and also to cover the costs of moving their sets.

3. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I kinda doubt $1000 would cover either of those expenses, let alone both. I know how much it cost us each time to move our diminuitive sets from a carport to a warehouse and now to a boathouse. $1000 doesn't even cover the truck.

KennyB likes this.
  4. KennyB

Yeah it maybe me just being overcautious........since I have been burned before, but it makes my Spidy-Sense tingle a bit.

5. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It does and the fan films that didn't follow through on their promises are to blame.

KennyB likes this.
  6. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

They posted in July in sir Facebook page to say principal photography would be finished "this week."

So either that was delayed or they've realised they need additional footage.

KennyB likes this.
  7. Noname Given

Noname Given Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm not affiliated with the production in any way. obviously, it's some unplanned expense they didn't expect, and don't have the cash on hand to cover.

8. USS Intrepid

Me neither. But between the two crowdfunding campaigns they've raised nearly $60,000 to date. Minus fees, that's still a pretty hefty sum, so it's a real shame if they're now short of cash.

KennyB likes this.
  9. Philip Guyott

Philip Guyott Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They had to pay for an extra months rent and need a truck to move the sets now they have finished filming. They also made the mistake of feeding their actors :)
    It is explained at the end of this video:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  10. USS Intrepid

Feeding your actors and crew should be a given. Perhaps the production has been more complex and expensive than they envisioned.

11. uniderth

uniderth Commodore Commodore

Hmm. I thought productions generally just had a lunch break and everyone did their own thing. Though, I could see catering for remote location shooting. I guess that shows how much I know about TV production.

12. KennyB

No..........you'd lose half a day man.

Potemkin_Prod likes this.
  13. Potemkin_Prod

My wife serves lunch to the cast and crew from 12:00pm until 12:30pm. No time for anything else.

KennyB likes this.
  14. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

That's a great point. The great film director Frank Capra once reminded a cheapskate boss that "time costs more than film." It's just as true today, even in the age of digital memory. The costs of a few pizzas and/or some Subway sandwiches pales in comparison to the hourly costs of filming, even with a volunteer production.

15. Potemkin_Prod

Linda will do vegetarian chili, Asian cole slaw, hotdogs, regular chili, sub-style sandwiches, pizza, pulled pork BBQ, and with the exception of the pizza and the occasional subway--she prefers to make her own, it's all homemade. Cheaper than getting it catered. :) Pizza, well, nothing beats Pizza Hut. :D

KennyB likes this.
  16. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

I gather you have never been to the five boroughs of NY, or the adjacent Nassau county?

17. AaronJay

AaronJay Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I was always taught that if you can't pay your actors (for whatever reason), the very least you can do is offer them a meal - avoiding carbs like pizza or rice of course, because no one likes a lethargic cast and crew. :lol:

KennyB likes this.
  18. Potemkin_Prod

I found a long time ago I get a better performance out of some of our younger, excitable cast when we serve pizza. :)

Firebird likes this.
  19. Potemkin_Prod

I have, and I'll take it one more step: I love Chicago Style Stuffed Pizza the best. :D

20. Firebird

Firebird Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    The magic of pizza works for many professions - it's the life-blood of the average engineering student. :techman:

Potemkin_Prod likes this.