Orci strikes back

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Mountie1988, Sep 6, 2013.

1. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Really "Fuck" still gets people in a twist?

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

That's what they said in the commentary.

3. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

BWAHAAHAHA

4. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

If it works, it works. Rewatch TWOK with that scene in mind, and there's a bit of wistfulness to it.

5. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

Orci: "No such thing as a coincidence [on Star Trek]"

http://1701news.com/node/399/orci-no-such-thing-coincidence-star-trek.html

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

M'Sharak already addressed this sufficiently from a board policy standpoint, but I just wanted to add that I find it a pretty low blow on your part to turn what was a polite mod request by me to a completely separate poster into a criticism of King Daniel just because you have disagreed with him over the size of a fictional starship.

Clearly you don't have a problem with the word "fuck" or else you wouldn't have used it to tell Orci to "shut the fuck up" among other hysterics you've done in this very thread. Also, having "fuck" in one's avatar related to a fictional incident (the Enterprise crashing) is a far cry from using it to insult/criticize a real person. And it's certainly totally out of the league of calling someone a "cunt" or "twat" repeatedly, which is what I was originally addressing before you decided to make it about your petty dislike of King Daniel, who has remained civil toward you and responded with abundant evidence supporting his point of view.

I don't want to continue this argument in the thread, so if you feel you must respond send me a PM, but I really think that was out of line for you to do, and felt it was necessary to say something.

7. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What was it that Marcus said? Oh yeah: "He's playing you, son!"

Or, if you wish: what was it that Kirk said? Oh yeah - "Bullshit!"

Choose your response. Each is applicable to Ocri's statement. Let me conclude by saying these are the same people who swore on the Bible that Cumberbatch wasn't playing Khan. So, take their "candid statements" with a huge grain of salt. As we've seen, they lose nothing by lying, for the sake of marketing/image. No one is going to sue them.

8. Locutus of Bored

So you're saying movie and television makers should be sued for telling little white lies while trying to protect spoilers on their projects? That seems like a rational position. :rofl:

I'm still pissed that I never got to see Blue Harvest. I'm gonna sue George Lucas. I was expecting a romance drama about depressed farmers struggling to harvest their crop before the bank forecloses on them, but instead I just got a bunch of friggin' Ewoks.

9. WarpFactorZ

Don't know if this counts as "sassing the mods," so please forgive me. I'm about to sass you (who so happens to be a mod) for your completely out-to-left-field response. I'm tired of your literal interpretations of my posts. You clearly fail to see the underlying meaning of them, beyond the words written on the page.

First, there is a clear difference between a working title of a project, and denying something that clearly isn't true. No explicit details were released about "Blue Harvest," so your comparison is completely off.

Now, back to Trek. Saying that Cumberbatch isn't playing Khan is meant as a deception, and nothing more. They were trying to generate "controversy" or "mystery," or whatever they wanted to call it. But in plain English: it was a lie. And they knew they could do it, because they were just "fricking" with the public, and no matter what, they'd still make as much money regardless of what they said.

Second, saying the apple in the Kobayashi Maru scene in ST09 was a "total coincidence" to the scene in TWOK where Kirk is talking about the Kobayashi Maru test is completely disingenuous, at the VERY least. It suggests they think the fans are morons. Was the was nuKirk empathetically chomped down on the apple coincidence, considering Prime Kirk did so in an identical fashion?

As Admiral Marcus would say (in another life): "Your move, creep."

10. BillJ

:sigh:

Whether you believe it or not is up to you. I was just reporting what was said in the commentary.

Why do you allow your dislike of a couple of movies color how you interpret every single comment on it?

11. WarpFactorZ

Because I see Ocri and his ilk for what they are. They go to the press and say whatever is on their minds, regardless of its truth. If they want to mislead, they lie about something. As I've said, no one is going to take them to court over their statements. So why not?

Like I said: Admiral Marcus would say "He's playing you!"

I would be more colourful: "He's fucking with you, and laughing his way to the bank." Which, as his other statements suggest, is exactly what he did.

12. Locutus of Bored

Sassing me is fine. Calling me a creep is not, even when copping out by using a fictional character quote to fight your battles for you. But maybe that's just me taking your posts too literally and not seeing the underlying message.

Infraction for flaming.

Comments to PM.

13. BillJ

This doesn't make any sense. You get upset because someone you don't know lied to you about the contents of a movie? Just seems silly to me.

And I'd be interested when Orci said it wouldn't be Khan because from everything I've heard the change occurred fairly late in the writing process. So when he said it wasn't Khan, it may not have been Khan.

14. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

I'd believe it if it was a late change. From the minute they have the reveal, it feels like we've switched reels to another movie.

15. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Orci gets upset (and abusive) when people he doesn't know talk about how they hate the movie. It that any less silly?

16. BillJ

Yeah it is. He's actually defending something he's worked on. Whether I agree with how he's handled it or not, he had a reason to get a little testy after four years of abuse.

17. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

He needs thicker skin or should stay out of forums. He co-wrote a film, people paid money to see it, they have the right to express as much negativity as they want. I'm not saying some people don't take it too far sometimes...but that's what happens when you put your work out there for people to judge.

18. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

And he's got just as much right to defend it. By saying he should get a thicker skin or stay out of forums, you've basically said that people that didn't like his work had the same option: Shut up and stay off forums that like the film. If they can trash talk him, he can sling it right back at 'em.

Some people are acting like the hired help is back sassing the boss and need to mind their place.

19. BillJ

Or maybe the zealots (and that is what many of these people are beginning to remind me of) need to realize these are only movies. Star Trek isn't some sacred text that Orci and Company have desecrated.

Some 'fans' seem to have lost all perspective.

20. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't buy the apple in the Kobayashi Maru scene being a coincidence. Maybe Abrams didn't know the connection but the screenwriters did, it was either in the script or they suggested it to Abrams. And it was used too much, got kind of annoying after a while.