Open Speculation about "Star Trek: Picard"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Lord Garth, Jun 27, 2019.

1. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's hard to tell with IMDB. I mean, Elnor supposedly is in just the first, ninth, and tenth episodes - which would be kind of unusual.

2. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

If it's B4 in the drawer, where's Lore? On the floor?

If Alison Pill is the sucessor to Bruce Maddox, you'd think she'd have access to any soong type androids knocking around.

picardjean-luc and Prax like this.
  3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Alison feels guilty about working on those androids wants to help Picard to atone for what she's done. (if those copy androids are Starfleet/Federation)

picardjean-luc likes this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you look carefully the androids are all wearing the same outfits as the people who appear to be being held captive by the Romulans, maybe on the Borg Cube, so I'm pretty sure the Romulans are responsible for them. Although I guess they could have been made by Starfleet and stolen by the Romulans.
    That just seems to repetitive to me, I'd like to think we'd just see her captured once and then be done with it.
    I've been thinking the same thing.
    I'm pretty sure Dahj is going to be on their too.

5. Llywela

Llywela Commander Red Shirt

Rios. The character's name is Rios, not Rio.
    You can't really trust what imdb says about a new show before it airs - it is often updated by fans based on guesswork and wishful thinking.
    I suspect Agnes Jurati's work might turn out to have been used against her knowledge to help create the army of slave androids, and learning about that will be part of her motivation for joining Picard's mission.
    I think we probably will. I mean, we know for sure she gets attacked outside Starfleet and there's a chance she might get captured then and have to be rescued, but I'd imagine that would be the only time. I don't think escaping from wherever she was beforehand would count as being captured as part of the show - that's backstory.

I think she escapes, goes to Picard, he takes her to Starfleet for help, she gets attacked outside, and then...well, either the attack is fended off and she then cools her heels in a corridor someplace while Picard argues with that admiral and then storms out to go investigate alone, or she gets re-captured, which piques Picard's interest and protective instincts more than they already were, so he argues with the admiral and then storms out to investigate alone, assembles a crew, rescues her (not necessarily in that order) and then takes Dahj and the rest of the crew off on a season-long mission of discovery, or whatever it is they are going to do across the 10 episodes.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  6. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    What if Star Fleet is working covertly with the Romulans on the Borg Cube.
    Combining their knowledge about Androids and Romulan Borg Tech knowledge.

The signage we saw was in both the Human and Romulan languages.

Might be why the Federation Admiral is adamant about Picard not becoming involved.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  7. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

?

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My thoughts on the scene you're talking about, is that that is her fighting off the Romulans after she escapes but before she goes to Picard. It's that attack that convinces her to go to Picard for help.

9. Llywela

Llywela Commander Red Shirt

We see Picard watching the fight, though, don't we?

Oh, January can't come fast enough!

picardjean-luc and Danja like this.
  10. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I just found out he's going to be 94 years old at this point. I know this is the future but this is pushing things a bit far..

11. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Late middle-age for a nearly 25th century human.

He could have another 50 years in him.

12. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

McCoy was over 40 years older than Picard is now when we saw him in EaF and looked like someone who would be between 90 and 100 today. He looked reasonably health as well.

Mark Jameson on the other hand from “To Short a Season” was meant to be 85 and looked terrible (though that was mainly down to the poor makeup job).

I can’t really remember seeing any humans after TNG season 1 who were meant to be at an extremely advanced age but still looked relatively young. Soong looked old and frail but no idea what age he was supposed to be.

I know there was Elias Vaughn in the DS9 novels who was over 100 and was still working as a fairly active commander/captain in Starfleet.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  13. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

94-year old Picard:

I am LOCUTUS of Borg.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!
    To be continued......
    :beer:;);)

You mean Jean-Luc and his merry band of Space Pirates (call back to 'Gambit, Part 1 & Part 2') :lol::lol:;);)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Lord Garth likes this.
  14. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

Anyhow, I just rewatched the last trailer again. In the Picard's dream sequence featuring him meeting Data in the vineyard,

I noticed the woman in Data's picture at 0:18 resembles Dr Beverly Crusher, her long hair and dress (resembling her doctor's coat) gives it away to me.

The camera then flashbacks to Picard saying "I don't know how," then his mind took him a battle scene between Federation fleet and a bunch of Romulan warbids.

I now theorize that, sadly, Dr Crusher was killed during this battle - the 'unthinkable' moment for Picard that leads him to resign from Starfleet, retire to his vineyard, and began his self-imposed exile that was only concluded when Dahj shows up in his vineyard.

We never heard from Gates McFadden on whether she will be rephrasing her role in 'Picard' so far and no one has said anything about Beverly returning. So I think the above scenario might be the one we'll see in 'Picard.'

But we'll have to wait till January to find out for sure....

Prax likes this.
  15. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Acted terrible too.

StewMc likes this.