One of my main characters

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by The Castellan, Aug 31, 2012.

1. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

Plus it makes for a smaller target. :cool: I might try this with 2 or 3 engine pods next time. :vulcan:

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good :)

3. The Castellan

The ship's three officers having a mini meeting. From left to right: The Executive Officer, Commander Zeg; Science Officer Lt. Commander Cassy Morrison, and Captain Laguna Nozaki. [​IMG]

Here's a close up of the Laguna if anyone was interested. And she is based upon somebody that I know, so this is pretty much her, just with some Vulcan features.:techman:
    [​IMG]

4. The Castellan

Some beauty shots:
    This one I am particularly pleased with, though it took an hour to render. :p
    [​IMG]

Another one I like.
    [​IMG]

The good ole' Miranda :)
    [​IMG]

Cassy having a joyride through some asteroid belt, or maybe plotting a way through for the ship and crew to get through, perhaps.
    [​IMG]

5. Kaiser

Good Renders :D

6. Bell'Orso

Bell'Orso Lieutenant Red Shirt

A couple things:

In the first post, the groupshot of those four ladies on the side of that shuttlecraft, the lady in the middle of the lower row looks a lot like Rommie from Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. Like that a lot. :)

Also loving the fact that some "Doctor Who?" villains and "Star Wars" astromech droids are getting some love here.

The ships are also quite lovely, but for that "Funky Ship" I'd suggest building a kind of deflector housing into the pylon. It doesn't have to be as large in diameter as a standard Conny secondary hull, just something to suggest that the deflector dish wasn't simply tacked on. ;)

And keep up the good work! :)

7. The Castellan

I would not know how to make the housing.
    Anyhow, glad ya like it.

Here's a sorta promo picture I made of my planned comic, showing off the main characters.

From left to right: Helm controller Lt Soola, Chief Engineer Walter "Doc" Hartford, tactical control Ensign Vanda M'Galla, Captain Laguna Nozaki, Science officer and unofficial Second Officer Lt. Commander Cassy Morrison, Chief Medical Officer Huld Ester, and 1st Officer Zeg. The ship is the Defiant-A, a Constitution that had a sorta interesting history (my story, anyhow), since the original Defiant was lost, during the redesign of the 2270's, a new ship was planned to be built to replace it, but only a partial space frame was finished, and the unfinished ship lay for over a century in a shipyard collecting dust, and reeking of mouthballs. :p The Defiant was then, shortly after the destruction of Romulas, taken out of storage and completed, with the newest advances in technology, making it practically a new class of ship within the shell of an old one.
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think, I'll also make a few more 'promo' shots of the secondary characters and maybe a few of the baddies, too.:bolian:

8. Kaiser

Cool Promo :)

9. The Castellan

Two more shots, this is of Cassy with 2 of her oldest friends, a robot named Spazma and a goblin named Slag. They are exploring some old station or base and run into company. I still am debating on how Spazma will look, so here's two versions:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

As much as I love the R4 series astromech droid, I prefer the second one as it feels more original and doesn't carry Star Wars baggage.

--Alex

(Also, I love Star Wars. Please don't misunderstand.)

11. The Castellan

Not a Star wars fan myself, but I always felt that particular robot got the short end of the stick, so I figured out one in, plus there is a story I plan to make of the crew being brought into the Star Wars universe or the galaxy it's in, and brining a few folks back.

12. The Castellan

My Davros promo :D
    [​IMG]

13. Kaiser

Coolies :)

14. The Castellan

Two shots with a new character. Here's Ena, a goblin hybrid child of Cassy. Cassy had a relationship with a female goblin a century ago and the two of them had a kid, and here she is all grown up a century later.
    [​IMG]

Taking a picture with Cassy.
    [​IMG]

15. Kaiser

Cool new stuff :)

16. The Castellan

Still got that Soyuz picture planned. :bolian:

17. The Castellan

Another beauty shot.
    [​IMG]

A beauty shot of another kind. :cool:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  18. The Castellan

19. Kaiser

Yay! ^_^

20. jerriecan

jerriecan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nice work on Davros and the Dalek - I love Mechmaster's designs, and your take on Davros is well done, if just a little creepy when thinking of the original compared to your version. ;)