Spoilers Once Upon a Time Season 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Ketrick, Jul 17, 2017.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That could be it, I've never heard of that character.

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Jared will be in the first part of Leaving Storybrooke (7x21), and Rebecca's guest starring role will continue through both parts.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

The best part of this episode was definitely Alice's backstory, intermingled with her current life. We finally learn how she escaped from the tower, how the tower got destroyed, and where the stone ogre came from. The spy cam in the stone ogre's eye was a nice touch. And we also learned how she and Robin met. It all added up in a satisfying way, although her wishing power came out of the blue (but will probably figure into the overall plot resolution). Her current state of affairs was pretty sad, though, as she tried to find witnesses to give her an alibi and discovered that all of the people that she knows don't know her-- but at the end, she went off to live with Nook, so her situation is improved.

So Facilier wants Rumpy's dagger. It was odd that Regina didn't ask him why, because there must be a particular reason that he's coming for it now. I got a kick out of Regina bringing the walkie-talkies and Lucy just suggesting that they text. :rommie:

4. RJDiogenes

I guess I'm the only one still watching....

There were several unexpected developments in this one. Ivy went from repentant, trying to find Anastasia to make things right with her, to cowardly, selling out Anastasia for a magic bean, to finally self sacrificing. I, too, was surprised that they both departed like that, especially since we really haven't seen much of Anastasia. She was more of a plot device than a character.

And when Lucy set up Henry, Hook, and Other Guy for a boy's night out, we learn that Other Guy is the masked serial killer. Another mystery, and it can't end well since he was Henry's best buddy in the Enchanted Forest.

And, while Facilier and Gothel both want the dagger, Facilier may have other plans, since he acquired magic for Regina-- unless he's trying to buy her allegiance by helping her save Henry. And I'm guessing that Gretel's mention that her brother is now bonkers and living under an assumed name is foreshadowing of some kind-- perhaps he's Henry's friend.

Gryffindorian likes this.
  5. DigificWriter

^ I'm watching the show still too; I'm just deliberately making Mondays my "Once" day because that's the day that Afterbuzz TV's aftershow for the series airs.

Also, I'm assuming that the person you refer to as "Other Guy" is Jack (the Giant-Killer), AKA Nick (the Kathryn Nolan of this new Curse).

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm still watching too, but it airs on Netflix on Mondays here.

7. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

Very odd - ep 15 isn't on until Tuesday, ep 16 is on next sat as normal.

8. UncleRogi

UncleRogi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Fellow fans....that was AWESOME!!!!

Rumple is just waiting for Facilier to unleash that magic...

Cuz then Rumplestiltskin, Dark One, is allied with the Evil Queen and the
    Wicked Witch of the West....

And you know who has to show up.....the Saviour! Emma will just defeat them all:
    remember, the Dagger IS Excalibur....

I'm lovin it!!!

:techman: :hugegrin:

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Still watching too.
    That was a pretty nice ending for Ivy, I wonder if that is the last we've seen of her and Anastasia. Ivy has kind of grown on me the last few episodes, so I'm actually a little disappointed to see her go. She almost reminded me of Regina a little bit, with them both being villainous witches who were eventually motivated by their families to seek redemption. Adelaide Kane does need to work a bit more on her American accent, it slips every now and then.
    I got a kick out of the lanterns from Tangled playing such a big role in the story.
    I figured out as soon a Gretel mentioned what became of Hansel, that he was Nick, and the Candy Killer. With a set up like that I was pretty sure he was going to be someone familiar, and Nick/Jack is the only major character who's history we don't know much of.
    Facilier giving the magic to Regina was a surprise. I'm definitely looking forward to the showdown between him and Rumple.

10. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen the last couple of episodes. It seems at this point, I can barely make it to the finish line, but I want to at least watch the series finale.

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Did Jacinda wake up from the curse at the end of the episode?

12. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I've caught up to the latest episode. One thing I've observed about this season is that some of the characters' motives are always changing, if not muddled, and this fact annoys me because their words lack conviction. I mentioned Jacinda as an example earlier in the thread.

Previously, Drizella pledged to do good after Victoria's death by finding her sister Anastasia. The next minute, she was brainwashed by Facilier and was willing to sacrifice her own sister because of her selfish desire to return to the magical realm. Ultimately, Drizella made the right choice, but that doesn't change the fact that she betrayed Anastasia.

If Facilier wants Rumple's dagger to himself, he can't be one of the good guys. Regina was right to question him. Probably the only reason he gave magic to Regina is that he's got a weakness for her.

Meanwhile, Gothel/Eloise is still out there, but without Anastasia's magic, well, I forget why she wanted her magic to begin with. :lol: Let's just say her plans for Ana didn't work.

13. RJDiogenes

The guy who is Henry's best friend there and Lucy's pretend father here. Is he Jack the Giant Killer? I didn't remember that part.

I think we'll see her again. After all, it was her who killed Gretel, which undoubtedly set off Nick's candy-killer spree. There's got to be some kind of climactic confrontation.

I got the impression that she just realized that Henry is her true love, which means a dangerous kiss is coming. You know that that kiss has to happen, so that Henry is on the very threshold of death's door when he is saved. :rommie:

14. DigificWriter

When he's introduced in flashbacks for the first time in Pretty in Blue, he and Henry reference an adventure fighting giants, which is how they first met.

15. RJDiogenes

Ah, okay. I forgot about that detail.

16. DigificWriter

Three things I just wanted to say/share:
    1) Adelaide Kane is finished with the show

2) Jack/Nick is awake, as it was confirmed a while ago by A&E that the witch hunter was going to be a Fairytale character who wasn't "asleep"

3) It was pretty clearly and obviously implied that Jack/Nick is really Hansel

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  17. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

Great, two spoilers in one post

18. DigificWriter

^ News items aren't considered to be Spoilers, as far as I know.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

20. DigificWriter

^ Stupid autocorrect.