Spoilers Once Upon a Time season 6

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

Remember a show called "Cop Rock"?

3. Enterprise is Great

That show was horrible.

4. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

What a great episode! And it comes after such a dull, meandering plot this year as well. Have they been saving all the good stuff?

The songs did a wonderful job of summing up the characters. I even think the music even made me more accepting of Emma and Hook's wedding, which before I was feeling somewhat ambivalent about.

Rebecca Mader was my favourite performance.

5. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

The show won't be the same without her; after all, she was the central figure in the story about the Savior coming to town to break the Evil Queen's curse. I understand and respect her career decision.

6. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think that without Jennifer Morrison, they need to end the show. It's had a terrific run and something to be very proud of. I'd like to see a proper finale.

7. Gryffindorian

I'd hate for this show to end so soon, but even a half season with 12 episodes would be preferable.

8. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Why not allow Lana Parrilla carry the show? Perhaps the writing will improve without the Charmings.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Let it go. Let it goooooo.
    Turn away and slam the door
    I don't care

And people don't want to see the show end so soon?! It's been 6 years! The show hasn't had a storyline or plan for at least two of them!

10. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, that was a lot of fun. "My voice just soars, I had no idea it could, now I’m singing out-- and, man, do I sound good!" :rommie:

I always get a kick out of how the singing spells always come with choreography and smash-cut scene changes at no extra charge. Regina in particular really got around from lyric to lyric, although Zelena did pretty good too. Apparently Rumpy and Henry cannot sing, because they dodged giving him a song and Henry had one line at the end, and he sounded something like I would have. :rommie:

But you can't go wrong with corny love songs and evil witch Rock'n'Roll and drunken pirate yo-ho-ho chanteys. I just get a big kick out of the stylized exposition and characterization of a musical-- plus the way everybody's vocabulary increases. :rommie:

11. Enterprise is Great

12. Gryffindorian

The focus will be on two new characters, a young adult male and a 10-year-old girl. Sounds like a minor reboot, like what they did with Sleepy Hollow.

13. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I wish people would stop misusing the word "reboot", but complaining about it isn't going to get me anywhere, so I'm just going to "let it go".

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the show is going to undergo a "significant time jump" for Season 7, and there's high speculation that Andrew J. West's character will end up being an adult version of Henry.

THR has also confirmed that Lana, Robert, and Colin will help 'anchor' the new season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/once-a-time-renewed-season-7-at-abc-997815

14. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Are they the leads, or will Lana Parrilla and Bobby Carlyle be the leads?

15. Gryffindorian

I don't know. I just gathered from the article that @Enterprise is Great posted.

Maybe the correct word is "retooling." If it's anything like the final season of Sleepy Hollow, then the series might as well be over now.

EDIT: Per @DigificWriter 's link, the show will be built around Regina, Rumple, and Hook.

16. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

As well as Andrew J. West and Alison Fernandez's characters.

17. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

I wonder how long they've known that they might continue with Morrison? it strikes me that the entire series has been based around Emma being THE saviour, and then, this year, they introduce the concept of her being A saviour, that can be, and are, OTHER saviours....

dJE

18. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Well, in their defense, all the other so-called saviors stopped being saviors long ago (without actually fulfilling the "savior" destiny), so Emma is the only current savior.

19. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

It's also possible that the 10-year-old girl will be Robin (or do they spell it Robyn?).

If there's a significant time jump, on the order of ten years, does that mean that they will be in the future, I wonder, or will it be a time jump courtesy of the Dark Realm (or some other magical means)?

20. Ketrick

Ketrick Commander Red Shirt

Perfect ending!!!!! And a potentially great beginning. Sad about Jennifer Morrison leaving, but depending on what happens in the one episode she's obligated to be in next season, it looks like she could potentially have guest appearances occasionally. Great to see Rumple redeem himself seemingly. I just hope they don't go back on it this time.