OMG! B&B have gone MAD!!! BORG!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Frontier, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

CptJoe, you seem to like the Borg so much, take a page from thier book and realize, Resistance is Futile. The Majority of this Board, Majority of Trek Fans, AND Majority of ENT fans, will *HATE* and *LOATH* the prospect of Borg on ENT. You can attempt to defend them and the premise til the day you die, you'll convince no one. I'd save your breath, friend. Really, it's not worth your effort. ;)

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Well, I think we all knew that this would happen at some point.

:(

I'll do my best to hold off judging it until I see it, but I've got to admit, the Borg simply have no place in Enterprise's time-frame. I can't believe after watching such a dynamite ep in 'Future Tense' that I get up this morning and read that the Borg are coming.

God help us.

:rolleyes:

3. CptJoe

CptJoe Commander Red Shirt

I dont love the Borg...I just think people should have an open mind and wait to see how this turns out before they put their Phasers on Kill and shoot them at B&B...for all we know, It will be an excellent episode

4. Frontier

The ONLY way they can appease everyone is if, it's erased. IE: Temporal Cold War. Someone goes back and erases the episode once it took place, like Voyager's "Year of Hell".

5. spoonie

spoonie Commodore Commodore

Oh my god! What is going on? Are B&B TRYING to bait us?

6. Jeriko

Jeriko Vice Admiral Admiral

Dennis - don't you have a bet with Sam on this? Start writing that $100 check. :D

You know, I'd express my outrage and horror - not for continuity reasons but for the fact that I'm so god damned tired of the Borg - but the problem is... I always knew they would fall back to the Borg crutch. I knew we would see them. There was never a doubt in my mind. So, it's kind of hard to feel outraged or shocked. It was always going to happen, and I accepted that fact long ago.

-J

7. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

How can they follow up 'Cease Fire' and 'Future Tense' with this? Why God why? Just as Aatrek counted his chickens before they hatched in his thread 'THANK YOU GOD, ENT IS BACK' B&B pull this s@~t on us.

Not happy.

There's so much they can do with the 22nd Century on its own. Why risk making an episode which has the potential to kill your fanbase and screw up Trek canon big-time.

8. Frontier

This is B&B...

Berman, I'd only beat horribly and send off into the woods...

Braga? Torture and Death would be the beginning of his punishment. That twit is a... twit. lol.

Point is: This is a BAD idea. No matter how well they COULD do it, people here have been beaten and tricked before by B&B and the Borg, they won't stand for it now. The line must be drawn here, this far, no further. :p

9. nick11a

nick11a Captain Captain

I woke up this mornin expecting to see good news about "Future Tense" but instead this. Oh geez.

10. Frontier

Good thing I never went to sleep tonight, I'd've pissed myself when I woke up. :lol:

11. CaptRayDay2

CaptRayDay2 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Excuse me for a minute :(
    SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT
    SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

:mad: :mad:

They've gone too far this time :mad:

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I think this is great.

You people are so funny. :lol:

:borg:

F. King Daniel likes this.
  13. I am not Spock

This is it, folks.

We knew this time would come. It's war. I declare this moment the beginning of Trek Jihad 2003.

Let's storm the gates of Castle Paramount and slay the two headed beast known as Bermaga. They must be stopped now before any more damage can be done.

I'm not kidding. Berman and his little cronie must DIE for this insult.

14. Frontier

Here Here!

Lock and Load!

:evil:

15. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

Y'know.....sometimes I'll just do something totally illogical and ridiculous, just to mess things up and start a riot. Does anyone feel Braga is doing this? Rubbing his hands in glee, saying: "This is GREAT! The fans are gonna FREAK OUT!"

Roddenberry actually used to do this ("I don't make Star Trek for the Fans, I make it for ME."), and he'd probably also approve of the cross-series/movie plot puzzle idea (it was he who thought that V'Ger was altered by the Borg, after all, and that's probably Trek's first Retcon) as well. However, what he DIDN'T do was ratings-grab, and this has the feel of that to me, a big fat ratings grab. When Voyager's ratings dropped? BORG! Now Enterprise is in the toilet? BORG! Stinks of opportunism.

HOWEVER, if I watch the episode and it is a coherent, non-continuity-busting continuation of the events sewn in First Contact, I will gratefully accept it into the Trek canon.

d

16. Ed

Ed Commodore Commodore

Surely "Q Who" isn't going to be shat on AGAIN ?

This is very very dodgy. And only two hours ago it seemed like Enterprise was on an upward spiral; threatening to become excellent. Aw shit. Let's play it by ear and see...

17. Jeriko

Jeriko Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Wrapping a towel around my head as I type.

-J

18. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

It sounds fake to me. Still we may know it's a Borg but people on the show might not know. Besides where is mention of the Enterprise? Do they go back to Earth or what?

19. Captain Findlay

Captain Findlay Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I wouldn't call myself 'die-hard' but...

I don't think ANYONE will like this news

[/QUOTE]

I DO!!!! If it's done properly, and covered up at the end continuity shouldn't be a problem. There were rumors of a cybernetic lifeform long before the borg were encountered.

David

20. I am not Spock

I sure hope this synopsis is a hoax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.